Academic Mind vs Spiritual Mind

[QUOTE=Asuri;54933]It’s buzz [I]off[/I], numbskull. Oh yes, one more thing. Surya Deva is not supporting ordinary muslims, as the international community is doing. He is supporting the Libyan dictator Ghadafi, who can only remain in power by killing his own people. Surya Deva is so blinded by hatred that he’s not even sure what he’s angry about. Swami Deva? I don’t think so.[/QUOTE]

Scream…hilarious…buzz off you numbskull…hahah

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;54883]Buzz of troll[/QUOTE]

hahaha

[QUOTE=AmirMourad;54842]“What do you think? Is there a differenence between an academic mind and spiritual mind, and which of these is more likely to bring about real change in the world?”

Well, looking seriously at SD and Asuri’s posts…neither…!!

Asuri believes that I should hate all Muslims in the world, just because their ancestors persecuted my people. Great logic, eh :wink:

Now for my inferior logic: In fact, the fact that I don’t hate Muslims, shows that I can discern the difference between Muslims living today and Muslims living in the past and I have no hatred for them. Like I said before I have several Muslim friends. I have actually reprimanded one of my friends who hates Muslims with a passion. Racism is a horrible aspect of human behaviour. I cannot stand it. I have black friends, chinese friends, white friends, indian friends, african friends, mexian friends and muslim friends and we all respect each other.

Asuri believes that I am supporting Gaffadi, because I am opposing the military action and bombing of Libya. But so is Russia, China, India, Cuba, Venezveula, the Arab league, the African union, Paraguay, several Carribean and South American countries - geez we must be lovers of Gaddafi - more great logic from Asura :wink:

Now for my inferior logic: No, we do not love Gaddafi, we think he is a tyrant amongst many other tyrants in the world. The Libyan people need to sort this internal affair of theirs by themselves. However, as Gaddafi is making this dialogue difficult by resorting to brutal force against part of his own people, as per international law foreign intervention by the international community is required to peacefully with the use of minimal force to stop this. This is what the UN countries voted for. The plan was to implement a no fly zone, and then to allow humanitarian assistance, not to destroy Libya’s military capability and its air defenses, not to pound the living day lights out of it, not to plot the assasination of Gaddafi and fire at his complex, and not to send in ground troops(which is about to happen soon) and not force his government out of power.

What is going to happen next. Pretty obvious. Gaddafi’s government will be taken out, or hell probably be assasinated. Western ground troops will occupy the country. A civil war will erupt betweeb the Gaddafi supporters and the rebels. The Western ground troops will stay to “help” the people achieive democracy and peace and the oil companies will move in and take control of Libyan oil.

There’s no logic involved, just observing the obvious disconnect between who you choose to hate from one day to the next, and the incongruity between what you say and do and what you say you want to do. Since you live in a western country, I’m surprised that you have any friends at all. If you want to take sides with our enemies, you should not be surprised when you are treated as one of them.

Indeed, your observations are perfect, precise and powerful. I cannot match such observations. If you say that I choose to hate somebody one day from the next, then you must be right owing to your superior powers of observation :wink:

Now, here is what my inferior powers of observation show. I don’t hate people, whether they are white, brown, black, yellow and the various shades in between, whether they are English, African, Chinese, French, Italian, Spanish, Portugese, Indian, South American. I have friends from every group. Oh, but obviously they are not my friends, because according to yours great powers of observation, I should have none :wink:

I must be an enemy of the West because I do not support the actions of the government.
More great logic by the way, wow how long did it take you to develop this great mind of yours?

My inferior logic again: In that case, according to polls taken 48% who do not support the military action against Libya are your enemies. Over 50% who did not support the war in Iraq are your enemies. The governments of India, China, Russia, the Arab league, The African union and South America who have taken a position similar to myself, are your enemies.

Wow you have a lot of enemies. Best of luck in your battle.

Asuri believes that I am supporting Gaffadi, because I am opposing the military action and bombing of Libya. But so is Russia, China, India, Cuba, Venezveula, the Arab league, the African union, Paraguay, several Carribean and South American countries - geez we must be lovers of Gaddafi - more great logic from Asura

Surya Deva, I’ve posted twice now that the Arab League has not opposed the no fly zone and shared quotes echoing that. You can refer to the thread Libya Uprising if you so choose.

My apologies to the OP for bringing this up in this thread as it is not on topic.

We are doing the Libya war in my yoga class today as apparently it is highly relevant to the yogic path , joy , I cant wait . There are going to be yogic texts
full of the word hate , because its really useful and will show people the way , leading us all to a better place.

[QUOTE=charliedharma;55073]We are doing the Libya war in my yoga class today as apparently it is highly relevant to the yogic path , joy , I cant wait . There are going to be yogic texts
full of the word hate , because its really useful and will show people the way , leading us all to a better place.[/QUOTE]

I hope you have a good day :cool:

No, it will be Libyan oil…thats the bit you got wrong SD

I have posted more than twice now, that the Arab league agreed to only a no fly zone and getting humantarian assistance to the rebels. They did not agree to the use of military force, and condemned it.

My apologies to the OP for bringing this up in this thread as it is not on topic.

It’s not your fault, it is Asura who has deliberately posted this stuff here to derail the thread and be vindictive to me.

Sdji,

I have encountered some brilliant academic sadhaks. They are very much in balance ie their academic side with their spiritual side. In fact, imho, academics especially related to esoteric traditions need to be complemented with spirituality. Academics without spirituality is dry and lifeless and spirituality without some academic process is too emotional, which prevents the seeker from separating the fluff from te stuff.

The king described below is vikramaditya and not bhoja.

I am reminded of a classic story from India where in two poets in king bhoja’s court were considered the best in their fields. One was Kalidasa and the other a great scholar of sanskrit, i forget his name. The great scholar was very jealos of kalidas’ favored status in king bhoja’s court. And te king came to know that. So he decided to show the scholar exactly why kalidas was so highly valued.

One day the king and his favored courtiers were strolling in the royal garden. The king spotted a dried up old trunk of a tree lying on the side. So he requested his two poet/scholars to describe the tree to him in verse.

The scholar immediately said – shuskam kyashtam tishtati agre
( dried wood lies before us)
The king then turned to kalidas with his request. And kalidas responded with this:

Neerasa taruvara purati bhate
(a lifeless tree languishes before us)

Both described the same thing. However the scholar’s rendition was dry, thoug technically accurate. While kalidas’ description was vivid and emotive, while at the same time it communicated te state of the tree trunk. No one really remembers te scholar, but kalidas is considered a jewel of india even to this day.

This is a classic example of the differnce between pure academic intelligence and of that tempered by spiritual feel.

I don’t need anymore knowledge Dwai. I have bypassed the academic mind in my evolution and now I am moving to a higher mind, spiritual mind.

Nothing is best