Enlightenment, Light Body, and Kundalini

[QUOTE=FutureHumanDestiny;69407]the proof will be in it’s efficacy. are you enlightened? have you liberated others?

prove your strength with your actions first, words to follow.

until we are enlightened, we are all aspirants, together.[/QUOTE]

It’s a philosophy debate, it makes no difference whether you are enlightened or not. What matters is whether you can logically argue your points.

Enlightenment is not something you can argue. It is ones experience and you cannot argue an experience to another person. If you say you are enlightened and I say prove it, there is nothing you can say or do to show you are enlightened. I could only know if you could somehow transmit your experience to me.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;69408]It’s a philosophy debate, it makes no difference whether you are enlightened or not. What matters is whether you can logically argue your points.

Enlightenment is not something you can argue. It is ones experience and you cannot argue an experience to another person. If you say you are enlightened and I say prove it, there is nothing you can say or do to show you are enlightened. I could only know if you could somehow transmit your experience to me.[/QUOTE]

then you make the same fallacy as your opponents: you view Hinduism as a theoretical philosophy rather than a practical means to an end. or more correctly, as a means to your own elevation among your peers.

what text teaches: speculate, argue endlessly, exalt yourself among your brethren, condemn others and rebuke your own spiritual destiny?

You’re not making any sense. I am not discussing Hinduism here, but two schools of Hindu philosophy: Samkhya and Vedanta(I have set up a separate thread to continue this discussion as not to derail this one) They are both a means to an end for sure(moksha/libertation), but they both present very different accounts of reality which are mutually exclusive. They both cannot be right, hence the need for debate. That’s what philosophy is all about: debating conflicting viewpoints on reality to establish your own and demolish anothers. If you’re not into that, you need not participate, but those who want to, you can’t stop them from doing it.

Even enlightened people do philosophy - Socrates, Plato, Adisankara and even the Buddha himself were ardent philosophical debaters.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;69411]You’re not making any sense. I am not discussing Hinduism here, but two schools of Hindu philosophy: Samkhya and Vedanta(I have set up a separate thread to continue this discussion as not to derail this one) They are both a means to an end for sure(moksha/libertation), but they both present very different accounts of reality which are mutually exclusive. They both cannot be right, hence the need for debate. That’s what philosophy is all about: debating conflicting viewpoints on reality to establish your own and demolish anothers. If you’re not into that, you need not participate, but those who want to, you can’t stop them from doing it.

Even enlightened people do philosophy - Socrates, Plato, Adisankara and even the Buddha himself were ardent philosophical debaters.[/QUOTE]

then you are using hinduism as a vehicle for causing suffering and bondage to the material world, perpetuating the ego and karma.

[QUOTE=FutureHumanDestiny;69412]then you are using hinduism as a vehicle for causing suffering and bondage to the material world, perpetuating the ego and karma.[/QUOTE]

No, im not. I am debating two schools of Hindu philosophy: Samkhya vs Vedanta. I am not talking about the religion of Hinduism here.

You obviously think philosophy causes suffering and bondage lol No, philosophy in fact can lead to solutions that alleviate suffering and bondage. However, to do philosophy you need to be able to debate in order to maintain your own worldview and defeat another. Philosophy evolves through debates - without this dialectic process you have nothing but dogma. Any dialectic process requires a thesis and antithesis(e.g, idealism vs materialism; Hinduism vs Buddhism, Quantum mechanics vs classical physics) and out of these debates a new synthesis arises.

Demolishing another worldview is a necessary evil in philosophy. We do it in philosophy all the time. Hence why you need to have a very thick skin to do philosophy and be prepared to fight for your views.

Like I said, if you don’t like philosophy, you need not participate. You should not stop others from doing it just because you don’t like it.

“is there much difference between Light (rainbow) body, kundalini, and enlightenment?”

I can’t comment on the light body, but in buddhist theravaden meditation kundalini equates to the 4th stage of the progress of insight (there are 16). It is absolutely not enlightenment, just a minor landmark on the way to it.

I’ve been through this stage many times now and it’s pretty cool stuff, but I’ve never experienced it in my yoga practice, only in formal sitting meditation.

For a good description Google “MCTB arising and passing” (sorry I can’t post a url, im new!)

Hope that’s useful/interesting :slight_smile:

@Bagpuss

Yes, that’s helpful. Thanks for trying to get the thread back on track.