Green Tea/Red Wine

Don’t make me think so much lest my yield at work slumps down!

Grapes (and the other fruits wine is made from) contain the antioxidants, not the wine, per se.

It’s much healthier to get those antioxidants from the original source (the fruit) than after the decaying process (fermentation) has set in. You can get more benefit from the fruit before it becomes wine than after it has been made into wine.

Additional Note: Those specific “wine” fruits are also made into other products (grapeseed oil, for example) as well as sold in supplement form.

Wanting the "antioxidant’ effect from the wine is simply an excuse to feed a vice (kind of like saying you want to read the articles in a skin mag).

And, of course, there is the mass media pop culture rife with the promotion of alcohol that assures us to come into the alcohol pool, the water is fine …

I first started drinking Green Tea about 2 years ago after I heard about it from an aunt (with Chinese family how could I not?) and really like the taste now. At first I used to add the water boiling and it would be soo bitter but if you add it a minute after boiling the taste is so fresh and delicate, but I can’t stand it with anything sweet!

Drinking green tea has many health benefits, for one it is full of antioxidants that keep the immune system working well. I hardly ever got sick or had colds before but I am told it should help people boost their immune systems, just as eating a diet rich in vegetables and fruit would add more antioxidants and vitamins into the diet and have notable health benefits.

Believe it or not rubbing green tea bags on your face after dipping in hot (not boiling) water really clears up acne and skin imperfections. Just don’t let your neighbors see you doing it. GAH.

[QUOTE=sandradavis;69849]Believe it or not rubbing green tea bags on your face after dipping in hot (not boiling) water really clears up acne and skin imperfections. Just don’t let your neighbors see you doing it. GAH.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the tip!

Are you talking about dipping your whole body in the very hot water (as in a bath) or just your face in very warm water (as in a sink/bowl full of water), then applying the tea?

It’s a quite different experience to take a bath before your tea treatment or just having to dunk your face into a sink/bowl full of water.

I like red wine…I drink red wine before taking dinner.Red wine is good for health.

See resveratrol animation:

I buy resveratrol from this source:

http://www.biotivia.com/transmaxtr.html

I can recommend:

TULSI (holy basil) original 100gms jar there are also teabags but i prefer loose-leaf. And organic india has 3 different tulsi mixed in the jar. They also have with ginger , green tea with tulsi and so on. So they definitely have something for your taste you dont like original tulsi they have masala tulsi taste like spiced tea with the benefits of tulsi.

ANTIOXIDANTS etc

What are the health benefits of Tulsi?
Tulsi is rich in antioxidant and renowned for its restorative powers, Tulsi has several benefits:

Relieves stress / adaptogen
Bolsters immunity
Enhances stamina
Provides support during cold season
Promotes healthy metabolism
A natural immuno-modulator

Good drink for evenings and before bed as no caffeine.

Drink it as it is or with little honey. Maybe the taste isnt that good in the beginning but it will taste better with time. First time i wasnt so fond of it but now i kind of like it.

http://www.organicindia.com/tulsi-facts-3.php#t20

It sure seems I?m addicted to green tea because of the energy it provides, some human habits may remain no matter how much one evolves.

Green tea is very good. However, like any excess, drinking too much green tea can be bad for your health. Most of its side effects come from its coffeine contents, but there are some side effects too. It can be bad if you have insomnia, irritability, stomach problems, etc. It also create imbalances in your body.

The safe approach is to drink no more than two cups a day and to take periodical
vacations from green tea, say eg one week a month you do not drink it.

Just check the net for “side effects green ta”

I?ve experimented with caffeine in coffee etc, it makes me jittery and gives me numerous side effects, green tea doesn?t do that to me, I suspect green tea has something besides caffeine that provides energy, I have all positive and no negative side effects, besides increased energy, inflammation is eliminated throughout my body from sinuses, joints/connective tissue and digestive system.

Not all green teas are the same. Personally I find that CHRYSANTENUM green tea is
particularly good. Aditional to the properties of green tea, it is also very good for
liver, detoxification and eyes.

TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine)recommends it for the eyes.

Nice sharing.
I think that you would find the amount of caffine in green tea quite
when you compare the small amount of leaves used to make your tea versus
the content of coffee beans.

[QUOTE=ray_killeen;72317]I’ve experimented with caffeine in coffee etc, it makes me jittery and gives me numerous side effects, green tea doesn’t do that to me, I suspect green tea has something besides caffeine that provides energy, I have all positive and no negative side effects, besides increased energy, inflammation is eliminated throughout my body from sinuses, joints/connective tissue and digestive system.[/QUOTE]

I saw it on tv

They tested coffe and the caffeine level and in dry powder both had the same ammount of caffeine. But when brewed the coffe had slightly more caffeine

But the tea has theanine, might have been l-theanine, anyhow this theanine lowered the actual caffeine in the tea or more precise the effect of the theanine. They said tea had little less caffeine but not much both was high in it.

Maybe this is why i sometimes drink some teas and i get dry mouth and heartbeating, because it has a low theanine in it. Just a guessing. Whereas with other teas i can drink alot without feeling any discomfort.

I use to drink green tea twice a day, It has cure from several of diseases and helps you to reduce weight and belly fat,because of it has vitamin C and an anti-oxidant. It keeps your mood health and tension free.

I like having the odd glass of red wine, just for the taste but if there are added benefits then that’s great!

As with all things, you have to know what you are doing.

Undoubtedly, resveratrol is a good supplement. But how good ? The point here is the BIOAVAILABILITY of resveratrol is quite small. Even if you take large quantities, its
concentration in blood will be probably in trace amounts:

Even the best manufacturers make it nowadays from Japonese knotweed, not from grapes. Economic efficiency is an important factor.

Anyway, enjoy yout glass (or even two glasses, but not more) of red wine. It is a great stress reliever.

[QUOTE=;][/QUOTE]
Social networking is the buzz that communities like Okrut, Facebook and Myspace created. Today we can connect with our friends and family even from thousands of miles away thanks to these wonderful social networks. Sharing the most memorable moments of your life through media has become a child’s play. Increasingly, people are joining these networks to virtually engage in social activities and continue holding the banner of being a part of the society.
One of the most amazing social networking site that has been created recently is Buddy Puff. It can well be compared to the likes of the biggies like Facebook and Myspace. It has created a fusion of social networking + blogging + media sharing + music sharing to create a one of a kind social networking community. The sheer simple yet sophisticated interface is promising and extremely easy to use. I highly recommend Buddy Puff as it stands out from the usual social networking sites like Facebook and others.

Many foods are pretty good anti-oxidants. Their anti-oxidative power is measured by the
ORAC scale:

http://oracvalues.com/

Ah, I can definitely get down with some green tea. Black tea, in general, is one of my go-to's (same with coffee), but it is nice to supplement with green tea. https://www.liquidimageco.com/green-tea-benefits/ I am myself a heavy (quality) tea drinker. In- general, one of my favorite pastimes that literally came from the "Old World" & embraced in so many cultures throughout the world.

Recently, a research has suggested that naturally present nutritive compounds in green tea and red wine may hinder the creation of toxic metabolites. These metabolites usually contribute to the neuro-degeneration evidently seen in Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease. There have been various studies over the years that have shed some light on the fact that there might be a hope for treating certain inborn metabolic diseases.

Due to the absence of cure, people who are born with these inherited metabolic disorders usually have to adhere to strict and demanding diet their entire lives. The people who are affected by these diseases either lack of gene or mutant gene resulting in a critical enzyme deficiency, or buildup of toxic metabolites, this causes the disease in the first place. As a result of this, there is uncontrolled metabolite accumulation in the body; causing severe developmental and mental disorders.

Research in this field suggests that certain compounds naturally found in red wine and green tea may block the development of these toxic metabolites, which build up, and cause severe developmental and mental disorders. The compounds that are naturally present in green tea, and red wine may also block the formation of toxic molecules, this advancement is suggested to help out with the treatment of certain inborn congenital metabolic diseases.
The researchers have found two prospective compounds namely:

Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), this compound naturally present in green tea, it has attracted a lot of attention of the medical community over the years.
Tannic acid, a compound present in red wine, known to inhibit the formation of toxic amyloid structures, that are the root cause Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
In the recent research study led by Prof. Ehud Gazit and his doctoral student Shira Shaham-Niv at Tel Aviv University; suggested that Epigallocatechin and Tannic acid were reconnoitered to tackle the cases of inborn congenital metabolic diseases. The excess accumulation of toxic metabolites in the body cause severe developmental and mental disorders. The only way to prevent the devastating long-term effects that these diseases cause is to eliminate certain substances, such as phenylalanine, found in most food products. This study was published in the Nature group journal Communications Chemistry, which suggested that these compounds might block the formation of toxic metabolites; this has enticed attention of the medical community to leverage these potential health benefits.