Hindus do not have the monopoly on yoga

What teachings? The teachings of Hinduism are not at all unique to Hinduism. They are found in Neo-Platonism; Gnosticism; Sufism; Taoism, Shamanism. Therefore it becomes clear that the teaching of Hinduism are NOT a religion-specific belief, but teach something universal. This is the reason why Swami Vivekananda has taught these teachings to the West by paying less emphasis on Hinduism - because the teachings matter more than Hinduism.

You are trying to copyright something which is public knowledge. Not possible :wink: Hinduism simply presents the best and most accurate articulation of the truths about spirituality out of all spiritual traditions on this planet, but it is articulating the same common truths found all cross all spiritual traditions in the world. Therefore these teachings are universal. No matter how much you try, you will never be able to copyright them as Hindu only.

Besides, like I said before we’ve learned all we can from the Hindu tradition of spirituality. The ancient Hindu sages did a fantastic job in exploring spiritual truths, but their methodology was not as sophisticated as we have today e.g. they did not have MRI scanners for one. We have far better methods and tools today to explore these truths better. Hence, the Hindu tradition is now obsolete. 21st century research on spirituality is far more developed than anything you will ever find in any of the Vedic texts.

I thus would venture to say that my understanding of Hinduism is probably a lot more genuine, deeper than yours, simply because I was not born Hindu, I chose it myself through my own personal realizations.

Keep on dreaming, you have a very superficial knowledge of Hinduism, that’s because you are not dedicated to it with your shifts between different paths. I have been practicing and studying Hinduism for my whole life and continue to learn. On the other hand, you read a few translations and think you are the highest scholar. Surya, you are simply a narcisist who thinks to highly of his own “realisations.” You take different extremist viewpoints at different times in your life, only to denigrate people who disagree with you even though one month earlier or later you would have agreed with them. This is a sign of mental instability.

Religion in general(not just Hinduism) is obsolete in the 21st century world we are living today. We are living in a post-enlightenment, globalized, scientific and technological world. We have better health, better social systems, better scientific methods than our ancient counterparts. We really don’t need their antiquated traditions, like worshiping monkeys, stones and trees, mythological stories of gods and demons duking it out in the heavens :wink:

[QUOTE=Sarvamaṅgalamaṅgalā;72476]Keep on dreaming, you have a very superficial knowledge of Hinduism, that’s because you are not dedicated to it with your shifts between different paths. I have been practicing and studying Hinduism for my whole life and continue to learn. On the other hand, you read a few translations and think you are the highest scholar. Surya, you are simply a narcisist who thinks to highly of his own “realisations.” You take different extremist viewpoints at different times in your life, only to denigrate people who disagree with you even though one month earlier or later you would have agreed with them. This is a sign of mental instability.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I disagree. You have only read a lot of scripture, and a lot of it is nonsense garbage like fairy tale stories of gods and demons(puranas) which make absolutely no difference to cultivating your character.

You obviously don’t get Hinduism, because you actually think of it as a religion :wink: For you Hinduism is nothing more than just a socio-cultural group identity you leech of.

To add: My understanding of Hinduism is obviously a lot more consistent with what Hinduism is actually really called: Sanatana Dharma: The eternal/timeless way. Belief, tradition and rituals are obviously not eternal/timeless, because they are bound by place and time. However, laws of nature are not bound by time and place, this is why they are eternal. If one lived their life according to the laws of nature - that would be be santana dharma. That is exactly what Hinduism is a project on: Hinduism is the earliest scientific attempt by humans to understand the nature of reality, nature of self, the laws that nature operates by. And as I said, they did a fantastic job, especially considering they had no modern equipment or modern scientific infrastructure. But the research is not exhausted. There is still a lot more to know about the nature of reality. It is this temper that really sums up what a Hindu is: an inquisitive and seeking mind.

Hinduism essentially is science, but the earliest attempt at science. This is why it is no longer relevant today, because our is science more advanced today. The real modern Hindus like Einstein, Schrodinger etc don’t even feel the need to use the label.

Yoga originated from Hinduism and because of the efforts of yoga gurus it came out and became very popular but it is not specially for Hindu community. Any other religion has the right to do it.

[QUOTE=reaswaran;72445]The Ultimate Goal is silence of the mind- the no mind as the Buddhists call it, Chitta Vritti Nirodhah !

As long as whatever practice you follow takes you there - it is Yoga. Yoga after all means Union with the Universal Consciousness & that is the aim of all spiritual practices.[/QUOTE]

yoga doesn’t mean what you say it means. Nor is union with the “Universal Consciousness” the aim of all spritual practices.

One can perform hatha for health. One can samadhi for this and that. One can “fabricate the body of a saint” one can . . . on and on. …

[QUOTE=Sarvamaṅgalamaṅgalā;72469]I have been fortunate to be a Hindu my whole life, maybe it is your past unresolved karma that has you going from place to place.[/QUOTE]

It is the quest that drives

Content and taking a break. Sometimes these stagnations can last for lifetimes.

[QUOTE=Sarvamaṅgalamaṅgalā;72459]There are three central beliefs in all of Indian religious doctrines that are not philosophically justified, these are:

1)The belief in reincarnation
2)The belief in karma
3)The belief in final emancipation or liberation

These are central motivations for the undertaking of nivritti marga (the path of liberation) Without these three basic assumptions there can only be question of pavritti marga (the path of wordly engagement).[/QUOTE]

BELIEFS! But are they true,and how so?