Hot Yoga bad for environment?

Yes you understood me perfectly. Brievity is the sole of wit. I will continue to enjoy the freedom of hot yoga. Good luck on your endeavor albeit a waste of time.

Alas, this is a situation that calls for communication, not wit. In any case, I’m not surprised you deny the impact of human activity on climate change. Flagrant energy wasters are the main members of that group: mining concerns, big oil, nuclear energy, SUV makers, etc. all of whom keep right-wing politicians neatly in their pockets. You should feel good. You’re in with a nice bunch. And the best part is that believing a well-packaged lie helps you sleep at night, while during the day, you and your students help kill the Earth. And all in the name of yoga! Isn’t that nice.

BTW: I think you mean “soul” not “sole,” unless you’re making some obscure pun. Spelling helps keep that old wit maker in top shape.

Bye!

I’m not one to let someone tell me where to set my thermostat. What’s next? I can’t fly to Florida for vacation? And you are welcome to call me anything you want, “energy waster”, you don’t know anything about me! Why don’t you do what you want to do and let people do what they want. It’s called freedom. F’off

You know I’m right.
That’s why you’re so angry.
Best of luck to you, Dave.

I don’t need luck but thanks.

Sorry, Dave, some bad news here for you:

Hi, Dave,
I thought you could use this link to calculate how much energy your yoga studio is wasting. There are some formulas in there that might be helpful.

Science!

http://shrinkthatfootprint.com/how-much-heating-energy-do-you-use

I pay for it so I use as much as I want.

LOL. I heard a cocaine addict say that once. Seriously.

*yawn

Hi,

I’ve looked at this thread with some interest.

Yogandy, you stand strongly accusing the “Hot Yoga” community of environmental wickedness. Even so far as to imply that they are ‘earth-killers’, ‘flagrant energy wasters’ and guilty of ‘outrageously selfish conduct’. I remain open to a verdict in your favor, but I would like to see more information to support your case. More science, really.

So far, [B]I suspect that you have accused them TOTALLY in the wrong[/B].

There is no doubt that hot yoga means MORE heat, more energy consumption. But what are the proportions involved? Obviously the proportions are important. In fact, the proportions are everything.

How much energy per person per session (what is the session, usually one hour or one and a half hours?) is going on the ‘hot yoga’ part of the heating in a representative session, or indeed, even in the ones you complain about? That is, the part of the heating that goes beyond what it takes to heat it for regular (non-hot) Yoga.

It should not be hard at all to estimate this very well from people in the Hot Yoga business: basically from hot yoga studio heating bills, as they vary throughout the year; and subtract as a baseline how much it would have cost without the hot Yoga. Divide that by the number of hot-yoga-person-sessions; this is the cost of hot yoga heating for one person for one session. I don’t have any such information myself.

Do you have any such information? Does anyone here? Dave007? I’d be interested in seeing your case proven, Yogandy. Until I see some good data, I see your prosecution, while vehement, as unproven; and I remain strongly inclined to suspect that you have accused the Hot Yoga community in the wrong.

I don’t have those statistics and really don’t care because man made climate change is nonsense. You can ask all of the pearly Liberals who fly around the world spouting this, this, this… plain nonsense.

The entirety of North America was under ice at one time, then the climate changed, warmed and here we are, nary a car in sight.

When the climate experts begin to sacrifice rather than tell the rest of us to, then I might yawn in there direction.