I am no longer Hindu

So basically you are not living in India :wink: Ironic, another Hindu nationalist that is not actually living in India :smiley:

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;72878]It is not idol worship to quote somebody if you agree with what they say.
What gives you the impression I expected royal treatment in India? I don’t believe I ever said that I wanted to be treated as special by Indians.

India is like a sinking ship, when a ship starts sinking people clamour to get off the ship and jump onto another ship. That is exactly what is happening in India today: [B]Most Indians want to get out of India and go to USA, UK, Japan, Dubai, Singapoore, Korea. Even the Gurus in India have shifted their organizations outside of India. Most Indian gurus prefer today to go on world tours than stay in India.[/B]

India is a lost cause because of the mentality of Indian people. Their resistance to progress; their misplaced sense of pride in their old traditions and customs; the supersitions and rituals and their neglect of that one thing that made India the greatest civilization in ancient times: the Vedas. Yes, the Vedas, that great scientists and intellectuals in the West understand the value of. Hence why Oppenheimer said, “The greatest privilege of the 20th century over all other centuries, is our access to the Vedas”

One of the greatest ironies of Indian civilization is born out when looking at the history: Indians had a better standard of living in 3000BCE in the Indus valley, far better infrastructure, organization and city planning than they do today in the 21st century. That says a lot. This is direct testimony from time on how the Puranic Hinduism completely damaged the mentality of the Indians.

God hurry up with that flood or plague already and put India out of its misery :D[/QUOTE]

OK…some more blessings from a “true” Yogi.:smiley:
It is not idol worship to quote somebody, but nonetheless a form of “worship”.
Yes, most Indians do want to get out of India for UK/USA for want of better amounts of money. And, Yes…there is a reverse process also, you may not be aware of. Most NRIs do want to come back to India and some non-Indians also.
Those so called Indians gurus are setting up branches outside of India, [B]because of market capitalism[/B] and dollar rate and not out of “spiritual up-liftment” of people out side India.And also, it is very easy to attract non-Indians with some gimmicks than can be done in India.
Too much of Vedas are bad for one’s health. Except to serve as good resource for translations, Vedas, till now, has not produced real welfare to people on the planet. Please do not tell me that Oppenheimer, Eienstien, Newton have worked their concepts because of Vedas…!!! True…vedas are very good collection of concepts, but their practical utility is questionable.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;72886]So basically you are not living in India :wink: Ironic, another Hindu nationalist that is not actually living in India :D[/QUOTE]

I have already told you in the past that I have never been to India and that your accusation of me being an Indian nationalist was unfounded. That is not to say that I don’t have great respect India and care deeply about the wellbeing of the country. You keep derailling the threat with personal attacks, but the fact is, I have demolished your position here completely with the evidence I have posted. You have no move left than to derail the topic and throw tantrums.

That is not to say that I don’t have great respect India and care deeply about the wellbeing of the country. You keep derailling the threat with personal attacks, but the fact is, I have demolished your position here completely with the evidence I have posted. You have no move left than to derail the topic and throw tantrums.

Yep, you are a Hindu admiring India from afar… Like watching the titanic sink in the distance from another boat. You are such a clown :smiley: If your culture is so great, then what are you doing in the West, go to India.

I know you are a Hindu nationalist because you post on a Hindu nationalist forum, and don’t tell me it is not a Hindu nationalist forum, because most of the members there are Hindu nationalists and don the title proudly in their profiles, “Hindu nationalist” Your friends are Hindu nationalists and you obviously agreed with their treatment of me and since have done a 180 degrees turn and turned on me. You’re a Hindu nationalist, and you ain’t going to fool us otherwise.

Even our esteemed friend Neitzsche did not live in India. But he was sensible enough to see Puranic Hinduism as something to be gotten rid of too :smiley:

The reason we see a lot of of younger Hindus living abroad subscribing to this nationalist brand of Hinduism is because Hindu nationalist organizations like the RSS and VHP operate in universities in the West as the “Hindu society” where they recruit naive young confused-Indian people who are looking for a group to belong to and identify with. Just like Sarva leeches of his group identity of ‘Hindu’ The real reason he resists the universal form of Hinduism as taught by Vivekananda et al, is because it undermines his group identity.

Nationalists are idiots, whatever culture they come from.

I actually asked the administrator of the forum to ban you, because you were posting gibberish. I invited you on the forum, so that you could learn something, but instead you started attacking India and Hinduism. I have said earlier not everything that is posted on that forum represents my view, I have had my own disagreements with members posting there.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;72890]
The reason we see a lot of of younger Hindus living abroad subscribing to this nationalist brand of Hinduism is because Hindu nationalist organizations like the RSS and VHP operate in universities in the West as the “Hindu society” where they recruit naive young confused-Indian people who are looking for a group to belong to and identify with. Just like Sarva leeches of his group identity of ‘Hindu’ The real reason he resists the universal form of Hinduism as taught by Vivekananda et al, is because it undermines his group identity.
[/QUOTE]

No, the reason I reject Vivekananda’s teachings is because it is a gross misrepresentation of Hinduism and reduced to be palatable to a western audience. This has nothing to do with nationalism, in fact most Indian nationalists worship Vivekananda. Only knowledgeable Hindus and scholars criticise him.

I actually asked the administrator of the forum to ban you, because you were posting gibberish. I invited you on the forum, so that you could learn something, but instead you started attacking India and Hinduism.

So basically you tried to indoctrinate me into your brand of nationalist Hinduism, and when you realized that you could not persuade me to it, you got rid of me. Sorry, I can’t be brainwashed. I don’t need any large group identity to leech of. I derive my sense of self worth from my own development. I am a Sanatana dharmi, not a Hindu.

Of course, you cannot learn anything from other people. You are too much of an egomaniac to do that. You went to India to visit several gurus, but could not learn anything from them. I didn’t realise that when I invited you, but the sad thing is that you keep acting like you are some sort of scholar while your understanding of Hinduism doesn’t even surpass that of an 10 year old child from India.

No, the reason I reject Vivekananda’s teachings is because it is a gross misrepresentation of Hinduism

Pray/tell/show, what has Vivekananda misrepresented?

On the contrary it is learned Hindus that admire Vivekananda. He is widely considered one of the greatest and most influential Hindus and Indians of the 20th century, alongside Gandhi - who by the way I am sure you also feel misrepresented Hinduism to appeal to the West.

The list of Hindus you give that misrepresented Hinduism - Vivekananda, Aurobindo, Ramana Maharishi are widely considered the most enlightened people of our century. Pray/tell who is in your list of Hindus that represented it properly?

Read a few books written by scholars like DeMichellis and J.S. Atler to undertand more about Vivekananda and Gandhi. I am not going to copy and paste everything they have written.

The list of Hindus you give that misrepresented Hinduism - Vivekananda, Aurobindo, Ramana Maharishi are widely considered the most enlightened people of our century. Pray/tell who is in your list of Hindus that represented it properly?
They have won the popularity contest in modern times, but that doesn’t make them the best representatives of Hinduism.

You went to India to visit several gurus, but could not learn anything from them.

At least I have been to India :wink: You sit there outside of India, admiring and Romanticizing it, swallowing loads of Hindu nationalist propaganda and leeching of the group identity to feel special, but have never actually gone India to see the actual reality. I have :wink:

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;72897]At least I have been to India :wink: You sit there outside of India, admiring and Romanticizing it, swallowing loads of Hindu nationalist propaganda and leeching of the group identity to feel special, but have never actually gone India to see the actual reality. I have ;)[/QUOTE]Like I said before, I am not an Indian nationalist and I do not place so much importance on going to India. I do not romantice the situation in India, I am well aware of the problems. But you are just one person I know who went to India, my sister went to India, father went to India, my aunt, uncle, cousins and nephews went to India, I have friends who went to India and friends who come from India. I know many priests who come from India. None of them talked about India like you did.

I have read your accounts of India. You had some problem with your family in India, they didn’t treat you well and you have projected that behavior on the entire nation. The gurus in India didn’t worship your lotus feet for having read some English translations. That must be a horrible horrible place.

If I was thinking like you, I would now say that all Punjabis are horrible people, because of my encounter with you. But I am not like that and know that there are other punjabis who are more decent human beings.

Read a few books written by scholars like DeMichellis and J.S. Atler to undertand more about Vivekananda and Gandhi. I am not going to copy and paste everything they have written.

Bugger off. If you are going to make claims that Vivekananda misrepresented Hinduism, then you need to substantiate your claims as well. Don’t expect me to do your work by reading some propoganda material.

The truth is you don’t actually have anything to show for your claims. You are just parroting some propaganda you heard.

[QUOTE=Sarvamaṅgalamaṅgalā;72898]I do not romantice the situation in India, I am well aware of the problems. But you are just one person I know who went to India, my sister went to India, father went to India, my aunt, uncle, cousins and nephews went to India, I have friends who went to India. I know many priests who come from India. Like I said before, I am not an Indian nationalist and I do not place so much importance on going to India.[/QUOTE]

Your family and friends are not a representative sample of people who go to India, and besides you are all Hindus anyway. You’ve already imbibed all the nonsense and garbage of Puranic Hinduism, to notice it.

In any case you clearly are a religious fanatic and have no grounding in any rationality. You’ve not even been India and seen the realities there, and yet you have strong nationalist opinions on it :smiley: You regurgitate nothing but nationalist propoganda. You don’t have your own opinion or experiences.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;72899]Bugger off. If you are going to make claims that Vivekananda misrepresented Hinduism, then you need to substantiate your claims as well. Don’t expect me to do your work by reading some propoganda material.

The truth is you don’t actually have anything to show for your claims. You are just parroting some propaganda you heard.[/QUOTE]
I am not your personal assistent, if you want to learn something, you’ll have to do some studying. There are so many things, too much for me to mention here. Besides I have already mentioned a few things here in the threat which you chose to ignore.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;72901]In any case you clearly are a religious fanatic and have no grounding in any rationality. You’ve not even been India and seen the realities there, and yet you have strong nationalist opinions on it :smiley: You regurgitate nothing but nationalist propoganda. You don’t have your own opinion or experiences.[/QUOTE]

The fact that I care about India’s state doesn’t make me a nationalist. If the definition of not being a nationalist was agreeing that the nation is full of idiots who are all doomed, than I would be a nationalist of many countries. You are just being heartless caring more on how you were treated by a few people than about the wellbeing of an entire nation.

You haven’t even mentioned a single thing Vivekananda misrepresented about Hinduism you clown :smiley:

You clearly don’t get Hinduism I understand that now. For you Hinduism is an amalgamation of the rituals, stories and customs you followed growing up. For people like Vivekananda, Aurobindo and Ramana Maharishi Hinduism was a living truth that they breathed and lived and directly experienced in their own selves.

How old are you by the way?

[QUOTE=Sarvamaṅgalamaṅgalā;72860]Anyone who turns against Hinduism will of course win a popularity contest on this forum.[/QUOTE]

Surya is simply stating his point of view.

What are you scared of? Hinduism will thrive for those who wish to follow it.

BUT…you should know that this is the age where the Dharma will be transformed. Perhaps Surya and those like him will be the instigators of this necessary transformation in order for the masses, worldwide, to hone in on its greatness.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;72910]You haven’t even mentioned a single thing Vivekananda misrepresented about Hinduism you clown :D[/quote]I have mentioned how he misrepresented himself as the representative of the dashanami order of Shankaracharya while he was actually never formally initiated into any sampradaya. There are a lot more things, but if you want to know more about this, I suggest you do some studying.

You clearly don’t get Hinduism I understand that now. For you Hinduism is an amalgamation of the rituals, stories and customs you followed growing up. For people like Vivekananda, Aurobindo and Ramana Maharishi Hinduism was a living truth that they breathed and lived and directly experienced in their own selves.
You are making up a story about me and telling what you think Hinduism means for me, but you actually have no idea how in my heart I experience my religion.

[QUOTE=kareng;72912]Surya is simply stating his point of view.

What are you scared of? Hinduism will thrive for those who wish to follow it.

BUT…you should know that this is the age where the Dharma will be transformed. Perhaps Surya and those like him will be the instigators of this necessary transformation in order for the masses, worldwide, to hone in on its greatness.[/QUOTE]
This is not about any point of view, I have already shown how he has been telling lies and distorting information to suit his own agenda.