Inquiry - shiva Yoga peeth in Rishikesh 200YTT

Hi - I am planning to go to shiva Yoga peeth in Rishikesh for 200hr ytt. I’ve seen a lot of reviews regarding their experiences such as it’s life changing etc but I didn’t see anything about the actual lessons such as proper alignment/correction or how to be a yoga teacher. Can anyone share their experiences on the quality of their lessons (towards being a yoga teacher). It sounds like from the reviews that it’s more of a retreat house than a school? TIA!

If I were you , I would choose Sivananda Yoga Vedanta ashram - There are two in South India- Trivandrum and Madurai. If you want the North, they have an ashram in Netala (Uttar Kashi) about 6 hours drive from Rishikesh.

Dear Vanessa

I have recently completed my 200 hr training and I have to say that this is the ideal school for your training. The teachers are extremely knowledgeable. Their classes are deeply inspiring. The instructions are clear and I appreciate that the teachers take time to remind us that yoga is a practice of the mind and not the body. It was a luxury for me to have been trained under the guidance of such incredible teachers. They have left their imprint in my mind and I can surely assert that you would gain the maximum knowledge from this school. Their guidance is unique and authentic. When you take something seen as complex (for many people yoga is still esoteric), break it down and make it accessible, yet doing so in a way that’s 100% unique and authentic to you, we’ll that’s pretty amazing and that’s what the teachers here do. The unique emphasis on precise anatomical alignments and attention to minute details are interwoven with the philosophical roots of yoga. I strongly recommend this school.

Arogya Yoga School offers Residential 200 Hour Hatha, Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training Courses in Himalayas, Uttarkashi, India affiliated to Rishikesh Yogpeeth and registered with the International Yoga Alliance, USA. During the course, you will strongly focus on the alignment of body and skills together with explanations about the asanas in detail. The course combines Hatha, Iyengar, and Ashtanga which is a great combination to deepen your knowledge and it is considered to be the best to immerse yoga in yourself.