Is Yoga Hinduism?

Sanatana Dharma means 'Eternal Dharma' not the other way around.

The acharyas of vedic shools of thought have refuted non vedic one's, i agree to it. But they are all a part of hinduism. There are schools which do not accept vedas[including charvaka] as ultimate authority but still they are part of hinduism.

Neither, both are trapezoids.

Yoga gurus from India later introduced yoga to the West, following the success of Swami Vivekananda in the late 19th and early 20th century. In the 1980s, yoga became popular as a system of physical exercise across the Western world. Yoga in Indian traditions, however, is more than physical exercise; it has a meditative and spiritual core. One of the six major orthodox schools of Hinduism is also called Yoga, which has its own epistemology and metaphysics, and is closely related to Hindu Samkhya philosophy.:grinning:

Bhagwan Osho posts this thread
"yoga is not a religion-remember that. Yoga is not Hindu,
it is not Mohammedan. Yoga is a pure science just like mathematics, physics or chemistry. Physics
is not Christian physics is not Buddhist. If Christians have discovered the laws of physics, then
too physics is not Christian. It is just accidental that Christians have come to discover the laws of
physics. But physics remains just a science. Yoga is a science – it is just an accident that Hindus
discovered it. It is not Hindu. It is a pure mathematics of the inner being. So a Mohammedan can
be a yogi, a Christian can be a yogi, a Jain, a buddha can be a yogi."

1 Like

Total Yoga Mastery VIP Video Pack Just @37.00$
Click on below link to get it
https://jvz3.com/c/1255690/322325

Hey, guys I just wanted to share a link that has allowed me to meditate and manifest some pretty cool stuff. It has worked for me and I hope that it will work for you! https://bit.ly/3cotfJr

So which one is first?
Yoga or Hinduism?

Hello, I love your content. I would like to connect with other people who are also into training and losing weight. And i would also like to give some tips from my own experiences.

What do you guys feel about Yoga?

I recently found this great yoga course that helped be lose weight. You should try it out yourself.

https://bit.ly/3eoNmZ9

Many yoga teachers are longtime followers of the Indian religious tradition, and many of them practice the same set of beliefs as the followers of Hinduism. But some yoga teachers are decidedly non-Hindu and practice a more Western method of learning about God, nature, and existence. This distinction can be subtle—between being initiated into a Buddhist or Hindu ceremony and simply being aware of the presence of a deity—but it can influence how one approaches their yoga practice.

1 Like

Is yoga hinduism ?
https://shrinke.me/3c5H

Many yoga teachers are longtime followers of the Indian religious tradition, and many of them practice the same set of beliefs as the followers of Hinduism. But some yoga teachers are decidedly non-Hindu and practice a more Western method of learning about God, nature, and existence. This distinction can be subtle—between being initiated into a Buddhist or Hindu ceremony and simply being aware of the presence of a deity—but it can influence how one approaches their yoga practice.

https://shrinke.me/3c5H

i think this video can make you understand
thanks

Yoga, which is a set of techniques for relaxation, meditation, and muscle control, has been in the news lately. Yoga is practiced in a wide range of religions, but Hindus have been the most enthusiastic.
The relation between Hinduism and Yoga is complicated. It is not just a matter of Hinduism having borrowed techniques from Yoga. The techniques and ideas seem to be part of Hinduism's fundamental religious structure.
Sometimes Yoga is explicitly presented as incompatible with Hinduism. In 2000, the Indian government passed a law that made yoga part of Hinduism. One of the reasons the law was passed was that it defined yoga as a "Hindu religious exercise."
But yoga has been practiced in India for thousands of years. Hindu practice includes eleven different schools of yoga. Hindus consider yoga a central part of Hinduism, and different schools have different ideas about it. The Hindu texts don't mention yoga; they talk about a "union" with god. But "union" and "yoga" mean much the same, and in any case, Hindus don't use the two words as synonyms.
Hinduism and Yoga share many similar ideas. Yoga techniques include breathing exercises, meditation, and body postures. Hinduism teaches that there is a supreme being, and that it is possible to access god directly. But Hindus do not practice yoga to "reach god." Rather, yoga is a method for developing spiritual power.
Hinduism and Yoga also share many differences. Hinduism includes many different gods, and Hindus believe many things that are not part of Yoga. Hinduism includes many practices that Hindus consider inappropriate for Buddhists, Christians, or Muslims (for example, ritual animal sacrifice).

Yoga is not Hinduism.
It is a kind of an scientifically proven exercise which keeps u healthy and fit and fine for a long life.

yes... the energy within people sources in more primal manners than religious identification. And this is the essence of Indian spiritual thought