Jala Neti - How it Works

[QUOTE=108Yariv;76724]Isn’t the WaterPik for your teeth? or are there other uses?[/QUOTE]

Water Pik actually makes water pulsators for nasal irrigation as well. The one I’m actually considering is actually from a company called “SinuPulse”.

Are you familiar with “Kapalbhatti” ? Ten rounds of 50 pumpings each should dry the nose effectively.

[QUOTE=skr5e;76723]^^ edit: I meant “my nose would become blocked before I could perform any drying techniques”, apologies for the jumbled wording[/QUOTE]

Thanks will check it out.

For this technique, lukewarm isotonic salt water is poured into one nostril, so that it leaves through the other. The procedure is then repeated on the other side, and the nose is dried by bending forward and by rapid breathing.
It is also possible to sniff the water in so that it runs into the mouth, and to spit it out. In a more advanced reverse variant, the water is taken in through the mouth and snorted out of the nose.

I just recently got rid of what was promising to turn into a full-blown sinusitis thanks to some salt, water and my cupped hands, so this is definitely an effective practice. I’m trying to make it into a more regular habit now after I saw how tremendously it can cure and, more importantly, prevent unwanted sinus and respiratory conditions. Simple and brilliant - and you really don’t need any fancy equipment! :slight_smile:

I’m doing Jala Neti daily and Sutra Neti on the weekends. I used to get sinus infections and blocked nose (‘the snuffles’) all the time, i.e., once a month from Sept - April - and have been CLEAR of any symptoms since started doing Jala Neti daily. I do find that Sutra Neti adds to clearing as more mucous comes out although I can also go without.