Marijuana and yoga

I’ve never really tried doing asanas after smoking, but I’ve met a few who did and say it’s quite an enjoyable experience. To each his own I guess.

As for me, I never really tried doing yoga after smoking because it takes away focus and messes with my nerves a lot. Also it’s hard to keep my stomach empty after smoking. :slight_smile:

I’ve smoked before asana and I actually prefer not to. It messes with my focus, and my balance.

interesting, but Yoga Sutras mention “magic herbs” for samadhi … but that would be tamasic samadhi… depends on what your goal is… MJ decreases awareness, but difenatelly takes you to some places;)

Ganja is Sattvic but, over use makes it tam?
samadhi is a samadhi, there is no such as rajasic/tamasic samadhi. and in fact so many layers of samadhis are there & ganja makes you realize, now I see, I dont know:)

we have an endocannabinoid system of receptors in our brain- it was just discovered in the 90’s by an Israelis scientist- it is in the textbooks now- endo means it’s in us already

I have never tried marijuana, but due to my recent outburst of outside the box thinking in the last year, it seems like marijuana would actually aid me lol

It is amazing in the way it puts you on the spot morally- I don’t like it - it’s too much pressure- but I can see where it’s a sacred plant. I had a hard time not letting the dog eat from my plate. I felt I was being selfish. Routine is a savior in this situation and routine is for robots so I admit that much of my daily life is robotic- I tell myself it isn’t when I’m not high but it is. I don’t get high normally and perhaps acclimation would help. I only did it then because my mate wanted to and I have a friend medicinally taking it and I wanted some experience for their sake. I do think it helps the immune system and other things physically