Opinion versus Judgement

Lotusgirl, lol lol

Suhas. Brilliant, can you expand a little on the last sentence, I dont quite follow that part.

Is it saying that opinion allows learning and the other doesn’t??

Karen,
In my opinion, an opinion or a judgment, though slightly different, is not the real conflict. The conflict is whether or not with either of them you remain open to other opinions and judgments, to learn.

[QUOTE=Suhas Tambe;40568]Karen,
In my opinion, an opinion or a judgment, though slightly different, is not the real conflict. The conflict is whether or not with either of them you remain open to other opinions and judgments, to learn.[/QUOTE]

Ahh I see xx

First of all, thank you to all who, even though it is an old thread, is putting some new life into it. Your insights are still much appreciated.

ST, what you say is very correct in above quote. Although this discussion happened in 2007, an insight that one of our group offered still remains with me and that is that the degree of ego involved in each is the difference. I don’t say this is the ultimate insight, but it was significant for me at that time.

[QUOTE=kareng;40550]Is it saying that opinion allows learning and the other doesn’t??[/QUOTE]

Well said.!!!:slight_smile: