Persecution of Hindus and ending it

Oh SD, I’ve grown so tired of your condemnations. If I have criticized, it is not your religion. You just keep rehashing the same old stuff over and over again and getting it wrong BTW. Your drumbeat is falling on deaf ears.

[QUOTE=lotusgirl;54119]Oh SD, I’ve grown so tired of your condemnations. If I have criticized, it is not your religion. You just keep rehashing the same old stuff over and over again and getting it wrong BTW. Your drumbeat is falling on deaf ears.[/QUOTE]

I have concluded you are a closest anti-Hindu. I do not come to such decisions rashly, certainly not as quickly as Neitzsche does, but after seeing all the evidence and reading many of your posts, it is has become very evident to me.

This makes you my enemy :wink:

[QUOTE=YogiAdam;54116]That says nothing!!.. one of my Facebook friends kept writing negative things in responds to people’s status updates, and I rang him to see if he was OK, and he said that there was something bad he wanted to write on my Facebook page, but decided not to… as if that’s suppose to be admirable!!.. the very fact that you can think of something more negative to write says more about your mind than it does about anyone else’s. YOU are responsible for YOUR actions, not anyone else… so you can’t say “Oh, I was being negative, but I could have been worse”… cause that just makes you look even smaller than initially thought… you described my lifestyle as cheap earlier… this very comment you make here is as cheap as one can get.[/QUOTE]

Nope, you described your own life as cheap. I simply helped you with the words :wink:

Go and ask a Jew whether they were responsible for the holocausts in your work place and see what happens. I would be interested in their response.

[QUOTE=YogiAdam;54087]This is insane!! If you believe in Karma… you have your answer. If Karma exists, then you can’t escape it. You can’t pick and choose Karma’s applications to suit your arguments. You either believe in karma or you don’t. And if you do, your question is answered… period![/QUOTE]

Your conversing about - in regards to the laws of karma -

something you dont’ beleive in

&

something you don’t understand - for whatever reason.

Why you don’t beleive - who knows?

It’s in every religion in one way or another

and even if there wasn’t any religion at all anywhere in the world -

the laws of cause and effect are observable moment by moment within the entirety of nature.

Sheesh.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;54124]Nope, you described your own life as cheap. I simply helped you with the words :wink:

Go and ask a Jew whether they were responsible for the holocausts in your work place and see what happens. I would be interested in their response.[/QUOTE]

Yes yes, but I don’t believe in karma… if i did believe in karma, then I couldn’t avoid the fact that the holocaust is the Jews fault. You can’t worm out of that one. The Dalai Lama blames the invasion of Tibet on the past negative karma’s generated by Tibet’s actions… and realistically, he has no choice but to admit that.

By the way, I never said I WASN’T cheap.

This makes you my enemy

And you put a smiley face at the end. Does this make it your condemnation more palatable?

The only beings who can see and fully understand the workings of karma are

BUDDHAS.

the dalai lama is not a buddha.

There are others who may have insight into the matters. SUch as those who posses access to special ways of knowing. But if they are not buddhas they can not see all or know all the details.

The unenlightened who say categoricly “this” is because of “that” are simply kidding themselves.

[QUOTE=The Scales;54130]the dalai lama is not a buddha. [/QUOTE]

WTF?? I thought if anyone was meant to be a Buddha, it would be him… who is a Buddha then?? The Pope? Tom Cruise??

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;54112]My reply could have been far more negative than it was. [/QUOTE]

And that SD is your problem, you are negative ALL the time in your responses, have you ever considered that you would make more of an impression if your tried to slant your replies more positive? Then we evil and ignorant westerners at least could learn something from a master, but now you play the blame game, and i am sorry, I didn’t blame Hindus in a round about way, I asked, I made a statement, your choose to read the blame!

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;54112]You said something highly insensitive, that the genocide of Hindus at the hands of Muslim invaders, was somehow their fault. Rather than - and here is another indication we are living in an age of vice - empathizing with the plight of the Hindus and what they have to face and feeling the suffering of countless generation of Hindus, you tell me in a round about way that it was the Hindus karma that they suffered so, and to add insult to injury you tell me that your Hindu friends thank their karma they did not reincarnate in India, and when they visit they turn away and never go back.[/QUOTE]

O, how little you know about me and how much I actually defend the plight of Hinduism, even among my Hindu friends here in SA! I made the comment how they thank their good karma, to show that even among your own they have this perception, your kind reply would have helped me tremendously in helping to correct them when we sit around a table eating and discussing next time.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;54112]Had you said something similar in a professional work place in Europe regarding the Jews by intimating it was their karma to face the holocausts, you would have received more than just a “negative” response. An English football manager was sacked for saying that disabled people had done something bad in their previous life. I find it ironic you would say such an insensitive thing, being a gay person yourself, and we all know how much prejudice and discrimination gay people face and the sensitivity of discussing homosexuality with a gay person.

In any case I have now corrected your understanding on karma. No, the person being raped is not responsible for being raped.[/QUOTE]

No my friend, you would have been dragged in front of our constitutional court for all the offensive racist stuff you have said so far and our governement would have had a field day in fining you and made you to apologise!

I don’t think you realise how offensive you can be, and being gay I have learned to develop a sense of humour and not blaming everybody for the views they hold!

Thanks for correcting my view, it is a great pity that you had to do it in such a negative way.

Pandara, I have still not received an apology from you for your insensitive comment. You would not have got away with saying similar things to a Jew. I have been rather tame with you considering how insensitive your question is on such a sensitive issue “Geez, eh, do you reckon Hindus did something wrong to get invaded and slaughtered so much”

One can only wonder what the Hindus did wrong in their past to have incurred such karma - referring to all the invasions and killings here.

And that SD is your problem, you are negative ALL the time in your responses

This is a silly generalization, not worth a response. To claim that everyone of my 2,426 posts have been negative is a highly irresponsible and immature statement to make.

Then we evil and ignorant westerners

When did I say Westerners are evil and ignorant? Have you seen my thread, “Is the West becoming more spiritual” and “Hindutva” I have been defending Western people from attacks from Indian members.

No my friend, you would have been dragged in front of our constitutional court for all the offensive racist stuff you have said so far and our governement would have had a field day in fining you and made you to apologise!

Nothing, I have said has been racist. That is one thing I clearly am not, and if you knew me would know how much I speak up against racism. I even raised huge issue with my friend for racist remarks about Muslim people, despite the fact that Muslims have been the biggest persecutors of my people. I took issue against Neitzsche for what I perceived to be racist remarks against Western people, and we ended up fighting and falling out. I feel very strongly against racism, homophobia, sexism. So don’t go around accusing me of being racist.

I have rightfully condemned Abrahamic religions for being intolerant and historically exercising brutal violence and genocide. This does not make me racist. It makes me a realist. These religions are responsible for being extremely cruel to my people, murdering tens of millions of them, raping our women, destroying our temples and places of learning, poisoning our culture, enslaving us, don’t expect me to shower praise on them.

Nope, you could avoid it, if you understood what karma is. I have already explained it, and I am not going to explain it again. Suffice it to say you are ignorant about karma.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;54139]Pandara, I have still not received an apology from you for your insensitive comment. [/QUOTE]

SD, I am truely sorry if I offended you in any way by my statement and I am truely sorry for the many ways in which Hindus have been subjected to invasions, killings, rape, witch hunts, etc. I know it must be painful to you.

I accept your apology. I understand your question was to ask about how Hindus explain the suffering they went through, but the way you worded it initially was insensitive and it sounded like you were saying it was out fault we were subjected to so many invasions, killings, rape, witch hunts. If that was not the intention, and do I do not believe it is, then it is fine. Anyway, I have explained now that karma is not simplistic or fatalistic, bad things do not happen to people because they did something bad in their past. Bad things can happen to anybody, even saints, because nobody can stop another from bad action. The Sikh gurus for example were tortured and killed by the Muslims.

Well, it is painful and thankfully it makes my blood boil how my people have been treated and still are treated. How they have not got any justice and how the Hindu holocausts are denied. But fortunately, I have enough wisdom and maturity, not to generalise this to people today. But I do want this persecution to end and Hindu history and civilisation restored.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;54141]Nope, you could avoid it, if you understood what karma is. I have already explained it, and I am not going to explain it again. Suffice it to say you are ignorant about karma.[/QUOTE]

I only understand karma in the Buddhist context, cause that was my religion back in the day. Obviously, like everything else in religion, there are different interpretations.

Once again, I am disappointed to see the Hinduism bashing routine on these forums.

Surya Deva has created a relevant thread on the persecution of Hindus. People respond by blaming it on the Karma of the Hindus, despite their lack of understanding on what Karma really is.

Surya Deva responded by posting on what the actual definition of Karma is. People respond by making personal attacks.

Lotusgirl and others who have posted on here; you know next to nothing of Hinduism. You don’t know what Ahimsa or Karma is. Your definitions are based on Eurocentric and Westernized interpretations of these two pillars of Hinduism. You are nothing but fools who should return to practicing Christianity as it ought to be practiced; with racism and intolerance.

I fully understand why our forefathers prevented most of these mlecchas, these barbarians, from ever learning our traditions. They knew they would adulterate our teachings and attempt to appropriate them. They were right.

In the Hindu context, which is the original context, karma simply means the law of action and reaction/cause and effect. In order for there to be reactions, there has to be actions. Actions will generate reactions and reactions will get lodged in the unconscious mind as potential action. Under the right stimulus, these potential actions lodged in the unconscious mind will be released as action. In order to end the cycle from repeating itself you act differently.

Here is a working example. You get very angry at somebody because they wronged you. When you do this, the thought of that person will get associated with anger and lodge itself in your unconscious mind as potential. Some time goes by and you have no contact with this person, but one day you see this person again. Instantly, the potential is released from your unconscious and the anger returns. In order to end this cycle, you can consciously choose another action such as patch things up with that person.

Likewise, the actions you generate in the here and now are the most powerful. These actions are outside of cause and effect, they are your free will. Thus Tibet getting invaded by China was not because of Tibets karma, but it was China’s free will to invade Tibet.

[QUOTE=Pandara;54075]SD,

I apologise if my comment was used by YogiAdam in a context that was not intended and i am not a genius, I just want to understand.

I do strongly belief in the laws of karma and reincarnation. It is therefore important for me to understand how you as a hindu see what is happening and has happened to India from that pov. How do you as a Hindu explain all this killings and invasions of India and the rape of her people from that background, because these are two concepts as I undertsand it that is fundamental to Hindu thinking. I know that my hindu friends in SA always say they thank their good karma that they didn’t reincarnate in India, all of them always return after the first trip to India and vow never to go back.[/QUOTE]

SD already explained this. The present ultimately has the most import in determining one’s fate.

I find it quite interesting that Indians are saying that about India. After all, they were imported from India as coolies, forced to work as slaves, and segregated under the apartheid.

We Indians are indeed a despicable people. We have absolutely no unity. We let those who seek destroy us prance about and spread their havoc and discriminate against those who care for our future.

For the first time ever, I am ashamed to be an Indian.

[QUOTE=lotusgirl;54088]SD,

Pandara shared his POV and asked you a simple question. And honestly, it is a good observation and question. I think he understands karma quite well. But why must you take everything everyone says and turn it into something negative?[/QUOTE]

He doesn’t know what karma is (and he admitted to it) and neither do you. SD didn’t turn it into something negative; rather it is you who interpreted it in that way. Why? Because you are a politically correct simpleton.

[QUOTE=Pandara;54134]And that SD is your problem, you are negative ALL the time in your responses, have you ever considered that you would make more of an impression if your tried to slant your replies more positive? Then we evil and ignorant westerners at least could learn something from a master, but now you play the blame game, and i am sorry, I didn’t blame Hindus in a round about way, I asked, I made a statement, your choose to read the blame!

O, how little you know about me and how much I actually defend the plight of Hinduism, even among my Hindu friends here in SA! I made the comment how they thank their good karma, to show that even among your own they have this perception, your kind reply would have helped me tremendously in helping to correct them when we sit around a table eating and discussing next time.

I don’t think you realise how offensive you can be, and being gay I have learned to develop a sense of humour and not blaming everybody for the views they hold!

Thanks for correcting my view, it is a great pity that you had to do it in such a negative way.[/QUOTE]

His responses are not negative but rather logical and reasonable. What he says simply offends you all.

Alright.

And what about Christian and Islamic fundamentalists? They have been raping, murdering, and slandering other faiths and those of other faiths for centuries, but they get a pass? But when two passionate Hindu people are trying to condemn this bigotry, bias, and intolerance and defend their heritage, it is to be considered racism?

And you wonder why SD and I are so quick to condemn Christians and Muslims?

[QUOTE=YogiAdam;54133]WTF?? I thought if anyone was meant to be a Buddha, it would be him… who is a Buddha then?? The Pope? Tom Cruise??[/QUOTE]

Certainly not Tom Cruise! No way. and no not the pope. Nor is the Dalai Lama a Buddha.

In terms of classification the proper term for the Dalai Lama would be a:

[B]BODHISATTVA.[/B]

His Holinesses’ exact ranking is unknown to me - A full blown buddha would know preciescly.