Pranayama question

Just to throw it out there. If I had to go off inital instinct just by looking at Inner Athelete’s photo. Gordon K.

I’d say . . .

Sagittarius.

[quote=The Scales;34996]What are you? Pure consciousness i’m guessing.

In kind regards to your chart. I dunno. It will say on the chart.

Whats your birthday?

For Example

I came back into this world while the sun was said to be in Libra. The moon was in Leo . . . and so on.

So when someone says: “hey baby whats your sign.” I go “Libra. You wanna kiss me?”[/quote]
It said on the chart

[B]Tropical Zodiac - Placidus Houses

[/B]I’m a scorpio even if you subtract 21 days, or whatever it is, and use the hindu calendar -18 nov 73(19:47,pm), or the western calendar,I’m still scorpio.

[QUOTE=core789;34997]It said on the chart

[B]Tropical Zodiac - Placidus Houses

[/B]I’m a scorpio even if you subtract 21 days, or whatever it is, and use the hindu calendar -18 nov 73, or the western calendar,I’m still scorpio.[/QUOTE]

So do you really really like digging to uncover mysteries and secrets?
:cool:

Do you have some real trouble . . . accepting anothers view point? Especially one contrary to your own?

:wink:

If you inputed the correct time, date, and lat long its correct. No need to go by the Hindu calendar.

[quote=The Scales;35000]So do you really really like digging to uncover mysteries and secrets? [/quote]Possibly…I think that sounds fair.

Do you have some real trouble . . . accepting anothers view point? Especially one contrary to your own?
Possibly though i don’t like to state it.

If you inputed the correct time, date, and lat long its correct. No need to go by the Hindu calendar.[
any idea what ‘placidus houses’ is or might mean as it was listed within the main box that appears alongside your latitude and personal details?

I think i’m stil scoprio as i’m on the end of the scorpio range (18 nov) and it finishes on 22 nov perhaps.

I’ve heard alot of nazis and power-hungry types have been scorpio.Stock-brokers,politicians,power people etc. I daresay evil-ish folk on the dark end of the scale or so i’ve been led to believe.Ones that have fallen to the dark side.Also scoprios like sex as well, big drives…or so i’ve heard.

[QUOTE=core789;35001]Possibly…I think that sounds fair.

[B]LOL. More like yes. - the scales.[/B]

Possibly though i don’t like to state it.

[B]No comment. We’ll just keep that between us and the rest of the world[/B].

any idea what ‘placidus houses’ is or might mean as it was listed within the main box that appears alongside your latitude and personal details?[/QUOTE]

No. I have no Idea on the Placidus House . . . what that means?

All the stuff - the houses and the trines and all this I think is simply a snap shot of the position of the solar system at the time of your arrival.

Which mysteriously coincides with your karma.
So looking at your natal chart is a clue into the nature of your karma.

Now that you mention it your photo on your profile depicting a man reclining is telling. He’s kinda on the bottom of the WATER, UNDERNEATH, like a scorpion who burrows under the sand, and there’s a chicky baby floating over him . . .

Sexual Undertones. The Blue of Water. The Feminine floating over him. Him spent or relaxing or whatever…

Scorpio is the sign of s e x ahem. You horny bastard!

I desire therefore I am. - scorpio

What other people do the nazis, powerhungries and so on has nothing to do with your karma.

There is no “evil” sign. Hitler was an Aries.

Each sun sign has plusses and minuses…
The Natal chart gives a better description because it (the various positions of the heavenly bodies) all plays a role.

and of course there is always the “free choice” factor.

[B]LOL. More like yes. - the scales.[/B]
Well i’ve taken a certain amount of drugs and i’ve always been into philosophy,eastern and western.In fact i studied a certain amount of philosophy at uni.(though imy degree is in english; i switched)

That all makes sesne. I’m really into this jyotish astrology thing.From atom to galaxy.

I think the evil thing is basically scorpios can do good things but their efforts can get frustrated sometimes.So theyhave to fight against that,watch out they don’t fall astray or fall prey,perhaps make determined effort…So it can work the other way.In fact it says here liberation is possible…

[B]The Twelfth House[/B] The twelfth house is where consciousness dawns - the house of the rising Sun. This is the indeterminate state - the chaos before the new impulse - where all is yet unfulfilled potentialities. Traditionally this is the house of ‘sacrifice’, and is often connected with prisons, betrayal and self-undoing. Although we can choose to become trapped and frustrated by the many obstructions to attaining our dreams, we can also choose to reach outward and upward to a more fulfilled state, transcending the usual down-dragging conditions and rising above difficulties - thus establishing a life nearer our ideal. Here in the twelfth house we have the capacity to attain liberation by using our visionary scope and working creatively with life’s intangibles - the power of imagination!
I never thought that pciture was visible. It’s a good one though.It suggests the womb,the unconsious mind,sex. freudian or jungian.Submerged state.Little water babies could be playing in it.Scorpio is the water element i think. I remember coming out cerebral, and philosophical i think it was ,in a personality test that identified about 13 or so different types.

[QUOTE=core789;35003]Well i’ve taken a certain amount of drugs and i’ve always been into philosophy,eastern and western.In fact i studied a certain amount of philosophy at uni.

That all makes sesne. I’m really into this jyotish astrology thing.From atom to galaxy.

I think the evil thing is basically scorpios can do good things but their efforts can get frustrated sometimes.So theyhave to fight against that,watch out they don’t fall astray or fall prey,perhaps make determined effort…So it can work the other way.In fact it says here liberation is possible…[/QUOTE]

SO they are giving their interpretation of what the 12th house represents in archetypal form. The 12th houses job so to speak.

So what ever was in the 12th house for you is your clue or insight for you regarding the functions of the 12th house.

So for me it was Virgo on the 12th House Cusp

Virgo energy is analytical and precise, always separating out what is worthwhile and worth supporting from that which is outmoded and of no further use. A mental earth sign, here the mind takes control over matter. This is the sign of ‘ways and means’, implementation, instrumentation, physical effectiveness and efficiency. Virgo energy is always facilitating, often caring more for others than for itself.

Now I know what this means for me…

For you or anyone else they may have something totally different in the 12th house.

[quote=core789;34994]But it was said that during kumbhaka an oxygen deficit/deprivation occurs and it is thought this may allow or may cause,effect the prana to flow more freely.

Kumbhaka is used with a number of applications in yoga.[/quote]

Thanks. It helps to consider the source.

Scientifically studied or not, for readers out there who might be interested, please note, oxygen deficit does not play a part in pranayama or yoga, but rather is the result of misguided practice.

peace,
siva

Is on the cusp meaning you are on the end of the respective zodiac range?

[QUOTE=core789;35007]Is on the cusp meaning you are on the end of the respective zodiac range?[/QUOTE]

End of one. Beginning of another.

But you’d have to look up the definitions or parameters or range that people use to define “on the Cusp”.

I don’t know the particulars.

Another amusing distraction. Doesn’t work always of course. Sometimes its meaningless. Karma trumps all.

But if you see some Obituaries. Look at the birthday. Look at the date of death. Count nine months from the date of death. See what you get. See if it falls into the next sign on the wheel. Or not. If not where does it fall? . . .

I was reading how Vedic astrologers cringe if you ask them what your sign is. This is because a natal chart does not just consist of what your sun sign is, but it is considers of every single major astronomical event that could be observed when you were born and requires very complex and intricate analysis. The chart I had done is full of all kinds of really complex astronomical data and only from that can it make a reading.

If you could just make a reading from sun sign alone then thatwould mean everybody who has a particular sun sign have identical lives. That is not true.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;35009]I was reading how Vedic astrologers cringe if you ask them what your sign is. This is because a natal chart does not just consist of what your sun sign is, but it is considers of every single major astronomical event that could be observed when you were born and requires very complex and intricate analysis. The chart I had done is full of all kinds of really complex astronomical data and only from that can it make a reading.

If you could just make a reading from sun sign alone then thatwould mean everybody who has a particular sun sign have identical lives. That is not true.[/QUOTE]

Yes. of course.

The natal chart is “a snap shot of the heavenly bodies postions” at the time of your arrival and the entire chart read as a whole can be a clue or insight into the nature of your karma.

Its quite a broad subject. Sun signs are yes. Kinda a simplification.

[quote=siva;35005]Thanks. It helps to consider the source.

Scientifically studied or not, for readers out there who might be interested, please note, oxygen deficit does not play a part in pranayama or yoga, but rather is the result of misguided practice.

peace,
siva[/quote]

Hi Siva,

I did’nt think i was encouraging oxygen defict, by way of discoursing on the subject, in the practice of pranayam. Just that this was mentioned in an epxlanation of how kumbhaka might work,against a backdrop of other variables and processes going on, from the point of view of the scientific paradigm model.But it might raise further questions such as what else may well be going on IF you buy this explanation.I think i used the word ‘theroetically’ in context but i have found this explanation curious.

Is defiicit a bad thing? Well if it’s outside of a healthy controlled range then yes the brain can and does die pretty quickly.I don’t know, six minutes perhaps for the average person without yogic training.I think there could be something to this explanation…I think Yoganada and other yogis have talked about the oxygen saturation and cellular benfits of pranayama on a physical and other levels.It begs the question whether a controlled deifict can always be a bad thing?If we breath in more for e.g before we retain the breath then this can offset the retention phase.The ratios are there to ensure somekind of regulation and controll;indeed these are better words than ‘deficit’( which is just what i read). It is a controlled practice.And like i said in another thread on the Iyengar system of pranayam we work our way up to retentions and ratios incrementally,gradually.,safely.

I just think there might be something in that explanation.I’m always one for safety but you cannot,at least i cannot,affect people’s breathing. One has to take responsibiility for one’s own breathing. . I don’t think students need to tied to the apron strings of a teacher all their life. I would encourage independence,self-sufficiency,a certain amount of discrimination & confidence which you only get through practice.I’m not expecting folk to rush full swing into sponge-diving.I would credit folk with a bit more comon sense and probably less interest & inclination in the more esoteric or spiritual ,you might say ,sides. of yoga.Just like if we watch an x-rated film we all know some of it can warp your mind.

Try this website here and see how accuate it is:

http://www.vedicscholar.com/freehoro.php

All you need to do is put your date, time of birth and location and it calculates your ascendent sign, moon sign and constellation and other things.

It seemed to get quite a lot right about me, but I am never quite satisfied with these reports, because of their generic nature.

I just found a video that sums up religion, astrology, and all that stuff…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VAasVXtCOI

I’m open minded, but obviously ‘open minded’ doesn’t mean ‘believe anything’… But I did just purchase ‘The Yoga sutras of Pantajali’, so I haven’t closed off to everything, like some might think.

Siva,

Some folk maybe just are’nt sufficiently interested in some of the other limbs other than asana. I think they should be as part of a balanced & effective yoga practice.But sooner or later they will find out the truth for themself,whatever that may be to them, if they are so inclined and thus through their own experience and thus validation or not of whatever they might read here or anywhere for that matter.

I understand what you’re saying and my wording was a bit clumsy but i did’nt think i was actually saying that folk must practice oxygen deprivation during any kind of pranayama.

I think people know when a flame is hot or not.

[QUOTE=YogiAdam;35013]I just found a video that sums up religion, astrology, and all that stuff…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VAasVXtCOI

I’m open minded, but obviously ‘open minded’ doesn’t mean ‘believe anything’… But I did just purchase ‘The Yoga sutras of Pantajali’, so I haven’t closed off to everything, like some might think.[/QUOTE]

No, this video sums up dowsing.

Richard Dawkins is such an ass, intellectually-speaking,i.e his ideas.The conceit of materialist science or ‘biological’ evolution.

I feel he just has got it wrong .Even though alot of folk may worship and respect him, hiis ideas can sound conceited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22fvEPsI2JA

[QUOTE=core789;35017]Richard Dawkins is such an ass, intellectually-speaking,i.e his ideas.The conceit of materialist science or ‘biological’ evolution.

I feel he just has got it wrong .Even though alot of folk may worship and respect him, hiis ideas can sound conceited.[/QUOTE]

I think he’s great how he honestly seeks for truth, without asserting any supernatural views. I’m not sure I’m a big fan of his lack of tolerance and compassion.