Shiva Yoga Peeth Yoga Teacher Training in rishikesh India

Hello Patou,

These are great questions.

When I studied with Shiva Yoga Peeth, there were 13 students in the group. Everyone had their own room (very clean) with WiFi. My room had a balcony with a brilliant view. I shared a bathroom with one other student only but others had their own individual bathroom. We stayed at the PDI centre in Raiwala, which was beautiful. There were gardens and places to meditate on your own, a small library, dining room, meditation room and two large yoga studios as well as other classrooms.

I was twenty minutes-ish to Rishikesh (beautiful) or in the opposite direction, twenty minutes to Haridwar (beautiful). The practicum was divided into classes for meditation and cleansing (the study of breathing techniques, cleansing processes, concentration, all following the syllabus); two hours of yoga (astanga series of poses and methods for teaching them as well as getting me in better shape to teach); yoga philosophy and history lectures supported with textbooks for study and discussion; anatomy taught by a doctor who discussed an ayurvedic approach to yoga as well as further lectures on standard medical information on the circulatory, muscular, and digestive systems as outlined in the syllabus, two hours of hatha yoga and teaching methods and further meditation study in the evening.

All of this is very well organised with room for discussion. By the second week, each student was given tasks to teach (supported by teaching staff). These tasks increased leading to planning and preparation and taking turns teaching the group. There are written exercises as well. All of these tasks are supported by the teaching staff so I never felt lost. It was an overall brilliant learning process for me.

If I sound really positive about all of this, it is because I am now doing some teaching (confidently) and also providing meditation for some very stressed people in London. I also made good friends who were from all over the world and we have stayed in touch. This school suited me, however, it is good to research all schools and see which one suits you best, because yoga is about you and what you are looking for in becoming a better yoga practioner.

I personally have no hesitation in recommending Shiva Yoga Peeth.

It is important that you find the right place that will support you and your needs in terms of yoga. Ask away… it is the only way to find answers. I hope this was practical and helpful.

I wish you all the best in your search,

Rusty

Dear Rusty,

Thanks for sharing your experience and feedback with me. It will for sure help me to take my decision :slight_smile:

I’ve already done researches about schools in Rishikesh. And after a few days I kept just two of them in my list: Shiva Yoga Perth and Rishikesh Yoga Perth.

I emailed both of them to get further information regarding their schedule, the number of participants per session, their accommodation…

After their answers I was still hesitating…
RYS is offering a 6 weeks program :slight_smile: but enrol til 50 students divided in 2 groups :frowning:
SYV is teaching to maximum 15 students and :slight_smile: as you it wrote in your message the ashram is located 20 minutes away from Rishikesh, which is great because more peaceful.

So, all these information gather together… I think I found the best school for me :slight_smile:

I know “exactly” what I am looking for: small group of students, quiet and peaceful place, beautiful view and surroundings, committed and inspirational teachers and staff and of course high quality teaching.

I find hard to enrol myself for a course without seeing the ashram and feel the energy, talk to teachers and students… so your feedback was exactly what I needed to be sure that I was choosing the best option for me and that answers from the school was genuine.

I am glad to hear that you are teaching Yoga and meditation back in London and that you are enjoying yourself :slight_smile:

Your story give me great hopes for my coming YTTC, as much as to deepen my own Yoga practice (asana, cleansing mechanics, pranayama…), learn more about myself than to start teaching and transmit to other my passions.

Thanks for your inspiration :slight_smile:

Patricia

[B]
If I sound really positive about all of this, it is because I am now doing some teaching (confidently) and also providing meditation for some very stressed people in London. I also made good friends who were from all over the world and we have stayed in touch. This school suited me, however, it is good to research all schools and see which one suits you best, because yoga is about you and what you are looking for in becoming a better yoga practioner.

I personally have no hesitation in recommending Shiva Yoga Peeth.[/B]

Thank you Rusty for making everything clear.
Shivayogapeeth decided to have the Rishikesh ashram as our main yoga office of Shivayogapeeth, but courses will take place in PDI Raiwala (21 minute distance by taxi from Rishikesh) for it is a calm and quite location. Shivayogapeeth will proud you are able to teach now within one month of ttc only. Enjoy teaching :lol::lol: :lol::lol:

Minhee Lee.

[QUOTE=patou;82755]Dear Rusty,

Thanks for sharing your experience and feedback with me. It will for sure help me to take my decision :slight_smile:

I’ve already done researches about schools in Rishikesh. And after a few days I kept just two of them in my list: Shiva Yoga Perth and Rishikesh Yoga Perth.

I emailed both of them to get further information regarding their schedule, the number of participants per session, their accommodation…

After their answers I was still hesitating…
RYS is offering a 6 weeks program :slight_smile: but enrol til 50 students divided in 2 groups :frowning:
SYV is teaching to maximum 15 students and :slight_smile: as you it wrote in your message the ashram is located 20 minutes away from Rishikesh, which is great because more peaceful.

So, all these information gather together… I think I found the best school for me :slight_smile:

I know “exactly” what I am looking for: small group of students, quiet and peaceful place, beautiful view and surroundings, committed and inspirational teachers and staff and of course high quality teaching.

I find hard to enrol myself for a course without seeing the ashram and feel the energy, talk to teachers and students… so your feedback was exactly what I needed to be sure that I was choosing the best option for me and that answers from the school was genuine.

I am glad to hear that you are teaching Yoga and meditation back in London and that you are enjoying yourself :slight_smile:

Your story give me great hopes for my coming YTTC, as much as to deepen my own Yoga practice (asana, cleansing mechanics, pranayama…), learn more about myself than to start teaching and transmit to other my passions.

Thanks for your inspiration :slight_smile:

Patricia[/QUOTE]

Namaste Patricia
You have the freedom to select any school you like in Rishikesh as there are many to choose from. On the other hand my request to you is that you continue smiling! This is very important for a healthy body, mind and spirit:) Some people have the habit of intolerance, where they cannot embrace other peoples happiness and instead resent it. Some feel threatened when others are praised. Good for you for keeping such an open heart. Please feel safe. Rishikesh is a great place for yoga. Please do not contaminate your mind with the distorted words of misleading individuals. Use you intuition, follow your heart, always:) Best regards and best of luck:):):slight_smile:
Sienna

Yoga Teacher training at shivayogapeeth Rishikesh India. Swami Sudhir presenting Nauli.This is one out of six cleansing processes. Cleansing processes purify our body and mind. 95% of all diseases are associated with stomach problems. With the practice of nauli we are able to protect our stomach and reduce all risk of disease from the stomach. Women who are pregnant, or people with ulcers should not practice nauli.

[B][I]Please Visit this video for technique of Nauli–[/I][/B]

Thank you,

are the drop-in classes located somewhere other than at the ashram (20 minutes from rishikesh)?

[I][B][/B][/I]

Hi Shiningstar ,Thank you for asking.Classes are total different for teacher training student and drop in students.Now we are arranging courses in Rishikesh in stead of 20 minute distance place.Because students are like to make course in Rishikesh.Please visit this video for our location –

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hxkJ9YugsY

Namaste

www.shivayogapeeth.com

[QUOTE=Minhee;81913]Hi Marissan,

Thank you for choose Shivayogapeeth for yoga teacher training course in Rishikesh.I read your website in front page of www.marissanolan.com and found your review about Shivayogapeeth .I hope you spend your Christmas very nicely in Shivayogapeeth in month of December.
You wrote in your site – [I]

"I completed my training under guidance of Swami Sudhir at Shiva Yoga Peeth, Reshikesh, India.

Internationally qualified to instruct in Traditional Hatha, Ashtanga, Sivananda, Pranayama & Yogic Meditation.

I am extremely fortunate to have had the opportunity to study with such a profound teacher who lives the simple yet powerful yogic values and has dedicated his life to sharing its benefits and wisdom throughout the world.

Deeply understanding the enormity of compassion, humor, simplicity, generosity, gentleness, dedication to higher values and practice is a gift that will stay with me for a life time.

If you have ever considered studying yoga or visiting an ashram in India I couldn’t recommend Swami Sudhir enough. Swami ensures it is always an unforgettable experience showing you the best of India and Indian way of life.

He is one of few Swamis that has the ability to teach traditional practice in a deeply meaningful way, to transform and inspire each person inexactly the way they need and help each individual to find ‘their yoga’."
[/I]

Thank you Marission,
Have a nice time for you forever.
Minhee Lee,
imiteresa@hanmail.net[/QUOTE]

Namaste.

Please visit some short videos–

Thank you,
Good luck!!!

Those who make 200 or 300 hour yoga teacher training course in our place they will award by School as a registered yoga teacher. After that they can teach all over world.

Whether you have completed your 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training at Shiva Yoga Peeth or at another Certified Yoga School you are welcome to join our 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training program to receive your 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certificate. You may directly join the 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training program as well and receive a 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certificate upon successful completion.

The 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course Fees include:

A private room with attached bathroom and hot water
Wifi connection
Diet food 3 times daily
Tea 3 times daily
Cleansing process materials
Four course books
One day outting to a nearby location
One yoga t-shirt
One Rudrakhya mala
Yoga Alliance Registered Certificate

Thank you,

Our 200-hour Hatha Yoga teacher training in India is a certified professional course that deals with an in-depth knowledge of Hatha Yoga. This comprehensive course is ideal for people who wish to pursue teaching yoga or advance further in their yoga journey. The course is led by knowledgeable and experienced teachers from our yoga ashram in India. Since 2009, more than 6000 yoga teachers have been certified at our ashrams in India and in the Netherlands.

Worldwide Accreditation

Our yoga teacher training in India is accredited by Yoga Alliance, International Yoga Association, International Yoga Federation and CRKBO (Netherlands)

What Will You Get?

• Professional and intensive teacher training at an authentic yoga ashram in India
  • A well-rounded curriculum: 170+ Hatha Yoga asanas, yogic philosophy, yoga anatomy and much more
  • Expert teaching skills, proper instruction, correction, and modification techniques
  • Daily three hours of hands-on teaching practice
  • A worldwide accredited yoga teacher certification
  • A chance to study at a traditional yoga ashram in India
  • Guidance for starting your own yoga school or yoga studio
  • Post-course support and mentoring