Truth about yoga (a article for discussion)

[QUOTE=JenniLeigh;60204]“When I talk about the Individual, it is not the body, neither the mind.”

This is non-dualistic or Advaita in approach.

Perhaps, you are referring to what may also be termed ‘superconsciousness.’

This too remains bound by limitation. Source, which is beyond both individual and further expansive states of consciousness, is where or what consciousness arises from and dissolves into.[/QUOTE]

Partially, yes. The world is considered real though and it admits a Divine individuality :

“…the psychic entity in us persists and is fundamentally the same always: it contains all essential possibilities of our manifestation but is not constituted by them; it is not limited by what it manifests, not contained by the incomplete forms of the manifestation, not tarnished by the imperfections and impurities, the defects and depravations of the surface being. It is an ever-pure flame of the divinity in things and nothing that comes to it, nothing that enters into our experience can pollute its purity or extinguish the flame.” Sri Aurobindo, Life Divine

You can browse on Internet about “psychic being” and “Sri Aurobindo” for further explanations if it interests you.

The Source is comprehensive beyond limits even the limits of not being able to manifest itself in the limits.

Philippe

Your words indicate much research and less direct experience, although I believe you may possess a certain amount of sincere desire.

Do you practice meditation?

“This is not a belief for me, this is my path in life now. It is my mission now to bring the Vedic civilisation back on this planet. This is why I am going in India in a search of a guru. I want to do great tapasya/sadhana to develop the will power, intellect, presence and fortune to succeed in my mission in making this whole world Aryan. Dharma will return to this planet. I will make sure of it.”

Surya,

Dharma is inseparable from existance. What you would like is for the world and it’s inhabitants to live according to your desires. This is the opposite of what a sage or guru is.

[QUOTE=JenniLeigh;60208]Your words indicate much research and less direct experience, although I believe you may possess a certain amount of sincere desire.

Do you practice meditation?[/QUOTE]

Why ? Do you think that if I had more experience according to you I would have reached conclusions closer to your metaphysical conceptions of the Source ?

By the way, yes, I have meditative practices. Why ?

Philippe

Yes, but I do not prefer for you to become intimidated or misunderstand my intent.

You will need to intensify your desire, and delve deeply into these practices.

[QUOTE=JenniLeigh;60209]“This is not a belief for me, this is my path in life now. It is my mission now to bring the Vedic civilisation back on this planet. This is why I am going in India in a search of a guru. I want to do great tapasya/sadhana to develop the will power, intellect, presence and fortune to succeed in my mission in making this whole world Aryan. Dharma will return to this planet. I will make sure of it.”

Surya,

Dharma is inseparable from existance. What you would like is for the world and it’s inhabitants to live according to your desires. This is the opposite of what a sage or guru is.[/QUOTE]

There have been many day dreamers, in India for the most part, who think that they are attempting get “vedic civilization” back. Some of them belong to extreme right wing in India. A true vedic guru can never think of that, because he can not be one unless he detaches from the attachments like “vedic/non-vedic”.

To some extent, that is what even Hitler wanted to happen (by many accounts, he thought he is aryan). We all know what were the results.

However, most parts of the world are advanced enough, to determine their own path. No worries…!!

[QUOTE=JenniLeigh;60211]Yes, but I do not prefer for you to become intimidated or misunderstand my intent.

You will need to intensify your desire, and delve deeply into these practices.[/QUOTE]

It sounds quite pompous I would have prefered you to address more the topic instead of going for such subtle ad hominem remarks. But in all cases, I am of the opinion that there is also room for improvement for everyone on Earth.

All the best,

Philippe

: )

Do you believe I had not been aware this would be your reaction?

It means nothing to me.

You had a distinct opportunity to be receptive.

There will be no improvement of any kind, for anyone without it.

It is not fear from which I write Yaram, but thank you.

Surya,

If you manage to locate an authentic guru, as a disciple you will be rejected.

[QUOTE=JenniLeigh;60226]: )

Do you believe I had not been aware this would be your reaction?

[/QUOTE]

The fact is that you hardly know anything about me and you are making big claims full of certitude. One does not need to get trikaladrishti siddhi to guess such a reaction, indeed.

Philippe

yaram,

"A true vedic guru can never think of that, because he can not be one unless he detaches from the attachments like “vedic/non-vedic”

An authentic guru would not be dependent upon any scripture or authority in the first place, nor would he think of himself as “Vedic” or “Hindu”. The word guru itself simply means the dispeller of darkness. It is only if you have dispelled the darkness of your own unconsciousness within yourself, that you are capable of assisting others towards consciousness. And consciousness itself is neither large nor small, black or white, Vedic or non-vedic, consciousness is simply consciousness. It is impossible for a master to continue thinking of oneself as an independent entity, or a limited identity - that is one of the essential insights in the experience of awakening. But yet - others continue chasing shadows, imposing all kinds of false restrictions as “Hindu”, “Buddhist”, “Christian”, which is just an identification of the ego as a replacement for ones true self. Because one has yet to awaken to ones true self, one needs to cling to a certain kind of personality as a replacement.

[QUOTE=AmirMourad;60235]yaram,

"A true vedic guru can never think of that, because he can not be one unless he detaches from the attachments like “vedic/non-vedic”

An authentic guru would not be dependent upon any scripture or authority in the first place, nor would he think of himself as “Vedic” or “Hindu”. The word guru itself simply means the dispeller of darkness. It is only if you have dispelled the darkness of your own unconsciousness within yourself, that you are capable of assisting others towards consciousness. And consciousness itself is neither large nor small, black or white, Vedic or non-vedic, consciousness is simply consciousness. It is impossible for a master to continue thinking of oneself as an independent entity, or a limited identity - that is one of the essential insights in the experience of awakening. But yet - others continue chasing shadows, imposing all kinds of false restrictions as “Hindu”, “Buddhist”, “Christian”, which is just an identification of the ego as a replacement for ones true self. Because one has yet to awaken to ones true self, one needs to cling to a certain kind of personality as a replacement.[/QUOTE]

You have no right to speak what an authentic guru would or would not do, because you simply have no idea. You want us to discard the words of the ancient rishis who have handed down us the tradition of yoga and instead start understanding that you are enlightened. Who on this board do you think is stupid enough to listen to you?

[QUOTE=yaram;60191]Am not sure about other religious texts as regards “violence” like Bible etc…
The “violence” aspect of “Bhagavat Geeta”(which is part of Maha bharata) is affirmed by Krishna himself…!!

When Arjuna asks Krishna why he has to kill so many people, Krishna simply says something like: “That is your job…Do not expect the result of your action”. ([B]I do not know whether that is a metaphor or real intent[/B]).[/QUOTE]

What you so oversimplificate as violence happens to be fight the war of Dharma and not let the world be ruled by ruthless people.

What you also ignore is the metaphorical level to fight the fight within, vanquish adharma within, and win the war in our own personal kshetra, be it internal (our mind) and external (our life).

[B]Would you stop spreading blatant uneducated misinformation?[/B]

You already confirmed to everyone that you either have really impaired cognitive abilities or is just doing this for the fun of trolling.

[QUOTE=Pietro Impagliazzo;60240]What you so oversimplificate as violence happens to be fight the war of Dharma and not let the world be ruled by ruthless people.

What you also ignore is the metaphorical level to fight the fight within, vanquish adharma within, and win the war in our own personal kshetra, be it internal (our mind) and external (our life).

[B]Would you stop spreading blatant uneducated misinformation?[/B]

You already confirmed to everyone that you either have really impaired cognitive abilities or is just doing this for the fun of trolling.[/QUOTE]

I never said anything new…You can read Geeta, if you are really interested.

[QUOTE=yaram;60241]I never said anything new…You can read Geeta, if you are really interested.[/QUOTE]

It doesn’t matter if it’s new or old. It’s still an uneducated opinion presenting a shallow understanding of a text that condeses and synthesizes Hindu metaphysics so brilliantly, no wonder great minds admire it!

I’ve read the Gita, for many years, studied with many people. I’ll keep on doing so.

[QUOTE=Pietro Impagliazzo;60243]It doesn’t matter if it’s new or old. It’s still an uneducated opinion presenting a shallow understanding of a text that condeses and synthesizes Hindu metaphysics so brilliantly, no wonder great minds admire it!

I’ve read the Gita, for many years, studied with many people. I’ll keep on doing so.[/QUOTE]

Quick question: Are you born into a Hindu family? Are you living in India?

I am asking because knowledge alone will not give good perspective and somehow I think one should live in a complex society like India to relate, appreciate and understand Gita.

[QUOTE=Sarvamaṅgalamaṅgalā;60236]You have no right to speak what an authentic guru would or would not do, because you simply have no idea. You want us to discard the words of the ancient rishis who have handed down us the tradition of yoga and instead start understanding that you are enlightened. [B]Who on this board do you think is stupid enough to listen to you?[/B][/QUOTE]

I do listen and agree with what Amir has said…!!

Sarva,

“You have no right to speak what an authentic guru would or would not do, because you simply have no idea. You want us to discard the words of the ancient rishis who have handed down us the tradition of yoga”

I want you to know this, that even the ancient rishis are not in absolute agreement with each other. And the whole history of Indian philosophy is there as evidence for it. There is a reason why a million and one different sects, some violently opposed to one another, have come into being - in all of the traditions in India without exception, the yogic traditions included. Unless you understand why this is the case, you will be unable to see deeper into the essential matter. At present, you problem is that because of your attachment, you are thinking of “Hinduism” as something static and fixed. All those who are clinging to a belief system are doing the same.

“Who on this board do you think is stupid enough to listen to you?”

If one is receptive enough, it will be very simple to understand what I am saying, but even that is just superficial. It will be impossible to truly understand what I am pointing towards unless you come to a direct experience. Until then, you should doubt what I am saying. But it is not only myself which you should doubt, but your own beliefs, assumptions, and attachments which one has accepted without question.

“and instead start understanding that you are enlightened”

Whether I am so called “enlightened”, is not relevant at all. Accept it or not accept it, will not be of any help - because all that you have is a useless belief. I do not make any discrimination between the so called “enlightened” and the “unenlightened”, the wise and the ignorant. If desiring to know of the Way, you should know that all forms of dualistic thinking are illusory - they are just projections of thought. Even “enlightenment” is another limiting concept that is to be emptied out.

Yaram, please tell us what your age is. You do not seem to have even a basic understanding of Hinduism. If you want to learn about your own religion, we can give you some suggestions for reading. One example is the Bhagavad Gita with commentary of Swami Chinmayananda. This may be of interest for you. It is freely available for download at: http://www.chinmayauk.org/Resources/Downloads.htm