Why do Yoga?

https://vinyasayogattc.com/what-yoga-will-teach-you/

Namaste, there is some non ordinary explanation of why do yoga and what yoga will teach you. May can help you.

Hi,

Yoga is a practical, scientific system that brings about harmony in your inner world, from where it radiates into your interaction with others and your relationship with Nature.

Yoga helps in empowering individuals to re-discover and re-establish harmony in their inner world, with other human beings and with nature.

Benefits of doing Yoga regularly:

Yoga is a systematic method for healing. The purpose of the practice of Yoga postures - called asanas - is not just to increase flexibility, blood circulation, burning calories and improving our balance and posture as modern day advertisements may suggest. It is a systematic practice to connect with our body on a cellular level and to develop mindfulness in how we relate to ourselves, coming out of frozen energy and freeing ourselves from unwanted thoughts or depression.

1. PROPER EXERCISE

The whole body exists as an organic unity, in a deep rhythm of its own. Yoga exercises release all sorts of accumulated toxins from the body. Stretching stimulates receptors in the nervous system that decrease the production of stress hormones. Asana practice enhances the flexibility of the joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments and stimulates circulation. Flexibility and strength of the spine keep the body youthful.

2. PROPER BREATHING

Conscious breathing allows one to notice one's surroundings, to pay attention to oneself and decompress. It connects the body to its battery, the solar plexus, which is a storehouse of energy. Stress and depression can be overcome by breathing more deeply with increased awareness.

3. PROPER RELAXATION

Taking time to relax means taking time out of one's busy life to pay attention to the body and mind. Conscious relaxation techniques relieve the body of existing stress symptoms and also helps develop resilience against external stress factors. Once body and mind are freed from constant overload, they are at ease and perform more efficiently.

4. PROPER DIET

Right diet is eating in tune with your body’s and nature's rhythms. It promotes health and has a balancing effect on body and mind. A yogic diet is natural, simple to prepare, easy to digest, calming for the mind and causes the least harm to other living beings and the environment.

5. COGNITIVE TRANSFORMATION & MEDITATION

Eliminates negative thought patterns by becoming aware of hidden unconscious mental and emotional patterns through mindfulness and inquiry. This is the way to Inner Peace.

A different approach to life and yogic practice: Yoga in the Spirit of a Warrior (Part I) — Yoga Vana

1 Like

Doing yoga is great physical activity which helps you in maintain your health. If you practice yoga in your daily routine, then you can easily add yoga in your daily routine. By doing the yoga it will increase the strength and calm your mind. Due to the hectic lifestyle people cannot take the proper rest which lead to the stress and depression. For curing the stress and depression you can practice yoga in your daily routine.

I am just startet to do yoga and I feel so much better every day. I had an accident so yoga really help me to get in better shape and it is not that much of a stressfull thing for my body then othe sports. So I think everybody has his own personal reason for doing yoga. I love that.

I love doing yoga because It's a great way to reignite my inner peace and connect my body and soul. I work all the time and love having yoga as a way to unwind from the distractions and stressful things that are part of a normal life nowadays.

On top of that, doing yoga gives me strength and makes me feel amazing, physically. I've even gotten the kids to join along every Saturday! Maybe soon my husband will join too, although I doubt it :stuck_out_tongue:

I do yoga these days to help with my osteoarthritis to keep me flexible