Yoga at home or in the studio?

I find nothing really replaces a good teacher led class. But I have been investigating some good online courses to supplement my practice.

I've finally built up a good set of props at home when I'm doing Iyengar practice and I've found some good resources online like yogavastu.com which has some written sequences which are nice and easy to follow.

Other than that I tend to practice once or twice a week at the studio and try to break up my day in front of the computer with small 20 minute sessions.

I personally feel that doing Yoga at a studio is much better than doing it at home because of the many benefits it has which includes being able to meet new people, before and after the yoga class it is always nice to meet new people and understand their story and why they do yoga. It also helps because everyone is very open and they may also provide a range of different tips which can help you perform your yoga workout better. There is also a range of different demographics that attend the classes so you can meet a range of different people from different backgrounds.

In addition, Yoga at a studio also allows the opportunity for you to go on retreats with other people from your studio which gives you a new experience because you are either going to a different country or somewhere new within your country and this provides a new insight into Yoga and will also make you look at the world differently.

If you are a newbie to Yoga, you would be better of practicing in a studio under the guidance of a teacher. That way you will be doing asanas appropriate to your levels rather than anything that is available on the internet which might be suitable for a more advanced practitioner. Also it would help you to do the asanas correctly and any flaws/ misalignment would get rectified.

If you are an experienced practitioner, you can combine a studio session with a daily session at home.

We would like to suggest studio is better to do yoga. A place where one can be free of any kind of tensions and can attain peace of mind for at least one hour in their everyday your busy schedules. In every classes will provide you with the tools for you to enhance the quality of your life in the way that suits the nature of your existence most.

I do both - at home is definitely more convenient because there's no commute time. But I need to find the right time when there are no distractions. It also takes more discipline to create the ambiance at home that the studio creates for me. I find simply having a diffuser going with therapeutic grade essential oils instantly creates a lovely ambiance and helps me to 'get into the zone'. Also scheduling the time in the previous day as if it's an 'appointment' and prioritising that time:-)

Jollity Online Yoga Studio provides the best of both worlds. The comfort and privacy of being at home but you still get the sense of community by practicing with other people at the same exact time. You can also enable your camera and have a certified yoga instructor observe you so they can give you real-time feedback and corrections.

In classes. There is teacher with us who always encouraging us in difficult postures. And always we are learning new thing with our masters. Although I m practicing in home too but it's just a practice can't gain knowledge.

Doing yoga at home or in the studio doesn't matter. The only thing matter is that you are doing yoga properly at home of not. Yoga is very easy activity which can practice at home, but at first time you have to learn the yoga aspects from the trainer yoga masters which gives you the basic knowledge about the yoga. In the beginning you have to practice yoga in the studio, because you will learn the yoga aspects and alignment from the trainer yoga master. Once you get the complete information about the yoga from the yoga master, then you can practice the yoga at home and you don't get injured during the yoga session at home, because you have the basic knowledge about the yoga from the master which helps in the home yoga session.

Many people find yoga difficult to enjoy or even to start because of a perceived sense of competition or judgment. If practicing yoga around other people makes you uncomfortable, or you feel like you’re not ready to sweat and/or flow in public, practicing at home for this reason can feel very safe and secure. 33 percent of the respondents cited this reason for why they choose to practice in the privacy of their home.
You’re in Control
When practicing at home, you get to dictate exactly how and what you add into your practice that day. Over 60% of people surveyed in the overall poll said that the instructor and atmosphere were crucial to their enjoyment of the class, so if you get to pick who leads you that day (whether it be yourself or a YouTube guru), you’re never in danger of being let down and you always know what to expect.

I do not about other's view but i think if we have proper guide or book or video of yoga training then we can do it at home. We do not need Yoga teachers but yeah, it is also true that Yoga under the guidance of Guru is learned quickly.

Hi Radianceinprogress!
Really good question, for me it's like everything.
You need a good mixture! I think it's really valuable to practice with others and with the help of an instructor, but being alone, for example in the early morning hours is also really powerful.
So it's really cool if you can afford weekly lessons to go for it, but don't just leave it with that. I think the goal is to develop a daily ritual!

If you're just getting started with yoga check out that article about the 8 Fundamentals of Ashtanga Yoga

Namaste
samsarayoga

I tired in the studios first. I learned the art and then started doing in home.

Then after few months i felt i wanted to learn few more asana's so i returned to studio to learn more. So its kind of back and fort for me

I prefer a studio, the main one I go to has a variety of teachers and styles, also hot or non-heated Yoga.

I sometimes do some at home but at my apartment I mainly do my Taijiquan which includes sword and sabre forms and 2 styles of solo.