Yoga Instructor?

[QUOTE=suryadaya;47153]The website says her therapist training was from the American Viniyoga Institute, and I cannot relay whether they would say they teach ‘vinyasa’… but the site also states that she is a teacher trainer for KHYF-- the curriculum of which holds the concepts of vinyasa as a foundation both in course/sequence planning as well as the linking of movement with the breath.[/QUOTE]

Like charliedharma said, I think there is some confusion between the vinyasa flow style and the concept of vinyasa krama.

Desikachar defines vinyasa krama as ‘a correctly organized course of asanas progressing appropriately toward a desired goal’. He describes the concept elsewhere in the book ‘Heart of Yoga’ as knowing what asanas and pranayama are appropriate for you and correctly approaching a practice that is suited to your needs and goals.

To ‘teach vinyasa’, I believe is a different thing. The term Vinyasa as it is usually used today has been applied to a modern style of asana class that is based on dynamic movement from pose to pose while in sync with the breath. The class usually incorporates several poses from the sun salutation, and the instructor refers to that flow itself as ‘vinyasa’. When KHYF uses the term vinyasa, they are referring to the general concept of vinyasa krama, not the vinyasa style of class that many western yoga studios offer.

That’s what I’ve gleaned from my readings. I could be mistaken.

Hey do you want to learn yoga from experts we are at Arhanta yoga offers yoga teacher training online at an affordable price.

Our 200 hour yoga teacher training in India is a serious professional course that deals with an in-depth knowledge of Hatha Yoga. This comprehensive course is ideal for people who wish to pursue teaching yoga or advance further in their yoga journey. The course is led by highly knowledgeable and experienced teachers at our yoga ashram in India. Learn authentic yoga from authentic Indian teachers in the traditional gurukul system.

Why Choose Arhanta?

Arhanta Yoga ® is an international yoga teacher training school with Yoga ashrams in India and the Netherlands. We provide internationally accredited professional yoga courses and training while maintaining the authenticity of the ancient teachings.