Yoga mats

I have to update that I got the Lululemon “The Mat” and it is fantastic for sweaty hands and feet, no more slipping, best mat ever! My husband is now using the Manduka mat instead, he has a latex allergy so it’s perfect for him.

Another vote for Jade!!
No slipping, even when new.

Manduka black…love it!

Awesome ‘in-between’ feeling of sticky and slick. I can transition from one asana to another without my feet feeling like they are stuck. Haven’t had any problems with it being slick when I’m working up a good sweat.

I love the lifetime guarantee also.

1 Like

I will add my two sense as we have a good yoga matt. Check it out for yourself.

Laying your mat in the sun on a really hot day also helps get rid of that manufacturers film too. A bit of that plus the scrub with the vinegar works wonders to get rid of the slips and slides.

1 Like

I had this same issue. At first I tried the Yogi Toes because I heard so much about them, but I found myself constantly adjusting it in the middle of practice. Then I tried the Manduka Pro Black, Hugger Mugger and the Lululemon mat for 2 months each before I found the perfect one. The Jade Harmony mat is by far the best on the market. It’s eco-friendly, the company has an incredible reputation and a lot of yogis are making the switch. I’ll never go back. Just a few drops of tea tree and lavandar oil mixed with water cleans it right up! Good luck!

Maybe this is a silly question but are we talking white vinegar for the new mat, or apple cider or what? I got a great mat as a gift but its still got that film and I didnt want to wash it with soap.

I also love “the mat” from lululemon. I practice and teach in Costa Rica and it gets VERY sweaty! No slippage at all!!

do you know what site that can helps us to meditate???

[QUOTE=mikemeditate;70712]do you know what site that can helps us to meditate???[/QUOTE]

Off topic now mikemeditate next time start a new thread are u kind.

Can you sit erect with trunk and neck?
Can you avoid being a part with your thoughts and just watch them if they come?

Can you try to extend the gap between the thoughts?

If you have a running mind concentrate where the nose meet the overlip on inhalation and exhalation. you can even think in and out as you breath but dont make it a habit as you will have to stop that at a later point, see it as a help in the start only.

Before meditation it is also good to do some pranayama.
if it is daytime inhale with right first and then exhale with left(evening from left to right). This is one round and repeat. you can start by approx 2 minutes even 5 would be better but dont exert your self in the beginning. Fill the lungs to a comfortable level dont stress your self.

If you have a mala=108 beads you can also do some mantra to keep the mind from wandering hither and thither.

pranayama , mantra and meditation is a better combination than just meditation.

if you start and can sit 5 minutes thats great (i assume your a beginner), and then try to extend it, if your back hurts, feel fatigued by sitting you might need to do some asanas to make your back and stomach stronger.

If you have questions feel free to contact me and good luck with meditation.

You guys have raised my price minimum on yoga mats! I was thinking $35 was totally reasonable, but if you get what you pay for, I sure want to make sure it actually is worth it.

I have been looking at this eco yoga mat on BarefootYoga.com but curious what you guys think? I like the idea of not doing Yoga on plastic/rubber/foam and evidently it was rated one of the most environmentally friendly yoga mats (and has a grippy surface to make sure there is no slippage).

I’m still doing most yoga without a mat, and when it comes to laying down I use my grandmother’s quilt as a thin pad… I suppose it is time I got a yoga mat!

[QUOTE=marisaluv;70832]You guys have raised my price minimum on yoga mats! I was thinking $35 was totally reasonable, but if you get what you pay for, I sure want to make sure it actually is worth it.

I have been looking at this eco yoga mat on BarefootYoga.com but curious what you guys think? I like the idea of not doing Yoga on plastic/rubber/foam and evidently it was rated one of the most environmentally friendly yoga mats (and has a grippy surface to make sure there is no slippage).

I’m still doing most yoga without a mat, and when it comes to laying down I use my grandmother’s quilt as a thin pad… I suppose it is time I got a yoga mat![/QUOTE]

yes u can use that or any blanket and fold it some times depending on size.

It depends on what kind of yoga you do, if traditional no rubbermat is needed. if you do poweryoga the flow is to fast and a normal blanket will be kind of folded and would not be possible.

only thing is if you do not have a blanket to protect it you will sweat on it.

Ive seen some mats are of jute and that is a natural material. so if you really need one go for jute.

I’ve never done power yoga! I mostly just learn the poses with my companion book now and concentrate on graceful movements and the what the body is doing.

Pure jute seems like it would be itchy and not grip well, but I guess I’ve never seen a pure jute yoga mat in person.

well jute is rubber so i dont think it is sticky but i never tried one.

Use the quilt then you can also put an extra blanket under if its not soft enough.

I dont use modern mat as well.

i love the manduka! Try them

I would recommend MatMat. it is a new company and I just recieved my mat from them and its amazing. The grip is fantastic. I expected the mat to at least be slippery in the beginning but it wasnt. Also I love this companies ethos. Their website is www.matmatshop.com if you want to have a look.

There are several myths about sleeping with wet hair. We hear different reasons for that from our grandmas or mothers who have heard from their mothers. That taking a shower before bed could get you sick. You can catch a cold or have a weak immune system. It can damage your hair or skin. Hence, it’s said there are different side effects of sleeping with wet hair. But is this all true? Do all that really happen or is it just simply a myth?
read more about wet hair
https://halecraze.com/sleeping-with-wet-hair/

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I usually use a towel on my mat. I've practiced hot yoga (Bikram) for over a decade and sweat like crazy. I rarely slip when I have a towel on top of my mat. It's a pain to have to wash a towel after class, but it's worth it. You should also consider buying a non-slip mat. Good luck and be safe!

1 Like