Need help. Suffering after doing Isha foundation Inner Engineering program

Hi.hope ur fine anxiety, irrational fear,depression ,palptation.these r the common side effects if continue these practice can cause much severe Irreversible damage if you haven’t stop the practice please stop it and don’t listen to the Isha teacher if they say keeping the practice everything will be taken care hope it helps

2 Likes

You can still help by creating a secret group on social site . I too known what isha is doing and what they are upto . I am trying in my way to alarm people or help them as much as i can .

Do meditation daily , chant r-aa-m very slowly . It’s not that ram ram ram one. R , A, M all this words and sound has meaning and energy of its own . Chant in lower portion in stomach. Not in mind . Don’t move tongue. Deep breath and drink lot of water . You will cured soon . If anything happens or not working text me Here.

**if facing gastric problem do pranayam (kapalbhati) little bit before meditation to balance body .
** if you feel like heaviness or little pain in anywhere let it happen no issue . Deal with it let it go .

1 Like

Thanks to isha now ur encouraging people ha ha . Good to known ur much better than ever before . Happy new year

1 Like

hello there,
I came across this thread, as I too went through the inner engineering program. There was a gradual change in the sense that irrational fears started creeping in me and I have to constantly counsel myself. Until last year I was doing a very basic meditation in the morning where i just sat and breathed slowly, Inner engineering made me curious and I went for the program. But the thread has people talking about things that I can relate to. I have no substantial damage to my body or any other physical problems but mentally there has been a constant unrest with lot of wavering thoughts after the program in comparison to my earlier state of mind, very similar to how you described it ,

“As i continued this practice my condition started to become more worse. I was so stressed. I started to have fear about my future and started to think too much about my past. I was dying within myself, i was so less focused anything i do, I was never such.”

I have stopped doing the practice…
do you suggest that ,I should start meditating normally as I used to ?
will it help me slowly return to my original mental space?

1 Like

Kindly go through this post I have mentioned abouhttps://yogaforums.com/t/regarding-kundalini-syndrome/17702

This seems to be the most audacious claim yet I have heard yet about the negative effects of any yoga program. Any technique is only a tool to discover your own insides, and any technique if it cant enlighten you, surely cant by itself cause ‘negative mindset’ in you.
Having done various programs from various groups including Osho, Art of Living, Isha Foundation, I have the highest praise for all of them. They are all, especially Isha Foundation and Art of Living, volunteer run organizations, where full time working people like yourself volunteer and facilitate the classes, for no other accolade but to spread the inner tools that transformed their lives to others as well. Learning a multidimensional alive technique like Yoga through just books like you recommend is the worst advice ever. Any Yogi would tell you that. Leave yoga, any complex technique, be it dance, martial arts, is best learnt in person by a dedicated, devoted teacher and even better in a group! Buddha talked so much about ‘Sangha’, a group of people walking on the same path, their combined energy helps each one of them. Before buying into such negative baseless chatter it’ll be best to discover these programs for yourself, see the devotion, sincertity of the teachers, who conduct them, the content of the programs and the journey they take you through, before just dismissing anything as a ‘cult’. And regular practice correction sessions happen even for Isha meditators I have heard in all metropolitan cities, where they would be happy to hear and sort out any of your problems.

1 Like

Most, if not all, of the large financially well-established yoga organizations are teaching false techniques and are run by false gurus. Anyone joining these organizations will come to harm. They do not have any structure in place to individually observe and monitor every student which is essential in yoga teaching. Every individual needs a different dose of medicine to recover from the illness of materialism. These organizations are prescribing the wrong dose of the wrong medicine every time, and obviously harming the patient(student).
When we have a fracture, the treatment is REST. Similarly in yoga, when these wrong techniques are practiced in wrong doses, there may something similar to a fracture or injury in the subtle body. To recover from it takes a LOT OF TIME and REST. Walking with a fractured leg will only DELAY HEALING. Similarly doing meditation or any higher activity with an injured INNER BODY, will DELAY HEALING. Only way to heal is REST. No technique can heal. Rest can heal. Correct guidance from a true SAINT can heal. Finding such a saint is very difficult. Saints do not live in luxury in large organizations and make money! I have been suffering for 18 years from various problems after practicing yoga incorrectly in WRONG DOSE and under FALSE TEACHERS. Now by the grace of God I have found the right guidance and am healing slowly. But HEALING is always a SLOW PROCESS. Patience is key to healing. A fracture that is healing may go back to square one is impatient and starts walking too soon! Only in this case, the fracture can’t be seen but felt. In such a scenario, the spiritually “fractured” student needs REST and TRUE guidance. Meditation, breathing and any kind of spiritual practice exerts a LOAD on the brain and the body. An injured student can get harmed even by meditating for a few seconds! STOP AND REST. That is the only way to heal. The body will tell you when the healing is over and you can start SLOWLY again, in the steps of a TRUE SAINT, not large oragnizations advertising their products!

1 Like

I am a victim of IE. I diligently practiced Shambhavi for almost 8 month and started having problems.
I thoughts turned negative and started building anxiety and started thinking too much about my past and that too totally negative manner. I became very fearful about my future. My mind is always in action thinking negatively and I am never at peace within. I don’t enjoy life anymore. If anyone knows about any way I can get put of it, I will be more than thankful.

1 Like

hi there sorry two listen about your condition but don’t worry I think you haven’t damaged yourself much believe me there are people who is life have gone upside do whatever you feel like doing don’t impose anything upon yourself if possible don’t give too much importance to the negative feelings which you are encountering take lot of rest have you spoken to Isha teachers about this most probably they will say keep doing the practice it will be taken care of by Sadguru please don’t believe in this kind of things stop all the practices

1 Like

You can try this before doing Sambhavi Mudra.

• Assume a comfortable Asana. Watch your thoughts. Don’t manipulate or judge those thoughts. Just watch your thoughts. Whatever thought comes, simply watch it as a third person. Don’t disturb those thoughts. Imagine that you are not connected with those thoughts. Do this for 5 to 10 minutes.

• After doing the above kriya, do this. Assume a comfortable Asana. Watch your breath. Just your breath, nothing else. While breath-in, your mind should go in with your breath and while breath-out, your mind should come out with your breath. Mingle your mind with breath only. Do this kriya for 5 to minutes.

• After that, Assume Sambhavi mudra and other routines.

Practice this for 10 to 15 days regularly. Give your feedback.

During Sambhavi Mudra, keep your mind Ajna.

Hello @anuraagnandagiri, Sorry to hear about your situation. You are not the only victim of Inner Engineering program. There are many. This is a pure mind wash program. In this program Sadhguru will talk about so many logical things when your mind will start being convinced by his logics then he will plant some illogical thoughts in your mind which your mind is not aware of and you will start believing in them.

I’ll suggest stop doing Shambhavi mahamudra. Give enough rest to your body and eat good vegetarian food. You can do simple meditation by following these steps:

1. Sit straight and comfortably without having any intention of achieve anything.
  2. Focus on your breath.
  3. Try to be in present moment as much as you can.
  4. Use your 5 senses. Listen the sound around you. Feel the sensation on your skin. Feel taste in your mouth. Feel the smell around you. You can keep your eyes open if you want to.
  5. If your mind wanders gently bring it back in present moment without judging yourself because of thinking of something or loosing your focus.
  6. Don’t try to achieve any mental state which you think you should be in.
  7. Accept yourself as you are and generate feeling of love and compassion towards yourself.
  8. Do not meditate for too long because sometimes meditating for too long create pressure on mind and nervous system.

Shambhavi mahamudra may be powerful and may work for many people but thats not necessary that it will work for you. Respect your body and accept it. Your body knows how to heal itself.

1. Practice gratitude. Gratitude is most important to overcome such negativity.
  2. Take time everyday when you can think about all the good and blessings you have in your life.
  3. Try to think of time when you were in peace with the world and you were at your best.
  4. Deliberately try to remember at least 5 moments in your life when you achieved something. Try to generate that feeling of winning and stay with it. Slowly you will start overcoming from these negativity.

@Raj1Just because you haven’t heard of any such negative effect of yoga that doesn’t mean there are not such cases out there.
Me too have done Art Of Living course before doing Inner engineering program. I never had any such negative experience from AOL. But i seriously injured myself physically and mentally after doing IE program thats why i created this post to ask for help.

Shambhavi mahamudra or any other technique taught by Isha foundation may be powerful and may work for many people. But you can not deny the fact that, that also may not work for many people. Everyone has different body and not everyone’s body is ready to take that level of energy. They just can not serve the same dose of yoga practice to everybody under the name of spirituality or with the false promise of enlightenment.

Learning a multidimensional alive technique like Yoga through just books like you recommend is the worst advice ever.

Just to correct you, I never recommended learning yoga from books. Books i recommended are self help books which can help you to better understand yourself. Help you to understand why do you respond in a particular way and what is the reason behind them so that you can correct yourself if you are responding incorrectly to any situation.

1 Like

I think yoga can be preventive thing but may not be a curative thing. So basically you did the gym and then yoga every day

Dear Brother, Sorry to know the situvation you went through. Also its nice to see you are relived from pain with Blessings.
Let me clarify you that what AOL and Isha technics are, both are from Patanjali Yoga Sutra. These are technics are to balance the Ida and Pingala and awaken the Shakthi within.

Basically what is more required is Guru Bhakthi and belif in Guru (Any Guru whom one belive in, as Guru is a tatwa, not physical which will change later on).

When we practice certain Kriya and attend certain deeksha session, there are many things that happens very very suttle which modern medicine or gadgets cannot capture.

Basically, all the inner stored garbage are coming up to surface which takes form of physical body and get relived. If Gurus grace and belif is high all these goes without much issues else we go through a lot of metal torture.

Will practice as you said.

1 Like

Even the name Sambhavi invokes fear in me. Now I am not doing any except, chanting God’s name for some time everyday

1 Like

That was the exact reply they said when told about my issues. Guru needs to be there to help us when the negativity surfaces, else he should have made the instructors to do that, rather giving a recorded message.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.
If so, please follow thought watching and breath watching along with your daily chanting. Slowly you will be out of this mess.

1 Like

You will be soon out of all that don’t worry. I suggest you if you want to begin the program some Resistance Band Set For Yoga, Pilates, P90X,…etc