10 Yoga teachers. 10 different ways to use yoga music

I’ve been writing yoga music for quite some time. Right from the very beginning, I started to create yoga music playlists for all kinds of different yoga practices.
Everything from soft yoga music for yin yoga From upbeat yoga music to music for power yoga practice. But I noticed very soon that no-one was using my playlists!

I noticed that every yoga teacher has their own taste – their own philosophy – their own idea of how to organise yoga songs into their own personal playlist. So I asked 10 yoga teachers about their thoughts and how lucky was I?
They were all really helpful and I decided to write put together this article about this topic.
I think it is a great source of information and inspiration. Both for active teachers and students on their journey to becoming a yoga teacher.
Read the post here:
https://songsofedenmusic.com/10-yoga-teachers-use-yoga-music/

2 Likes

In Goa, many institutes provide 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training. I will recommend Lights in yoa which is certified by Yoga Alliance. Lights in Yoga provide best 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training in India with the aim of empowering individuals to re-discover and re-establish harmony in their inner world, with other human beings and with nature.
http://www.lightsinyoga.com/200-hour-yttc-multi-style/

I highly recommend this beautiful artist Songs of Eden. The music is so euphoric.

2 Likes

Thank you so much Angelina :pray:t4:

Actually, I have a YouTube channel name Relaxation Mantra, it's about relaxing music.

Just try my one video... It's very relaxing birds chirping piano music.

If you like it only then subscribe to it but just try it once

One of the most satisfying parts of yoga is that it's a personal experience. You can do it for an hour in a studio with 30 other people, but you might see and hear different things than everyone else there. The same is true for the playlist you listen to while you're practicing. Music can help set a mood, improve your focus and enhance your experience by tapping into your emotions, whether they be happy, peaceful or sad. If you're looking to add some music to your practice, here are 10 ways that yoga teachers use music in their classes:

-Music to set the tone of class

-Music to set the pace during poses

-Music to guide transitions between poses

-Music with lyrics for a more immersive experience

-Music with lyrics because it's just easier to understand instructions when it's in song form

-Indie/New Age because it sets a tone without distracting from practice

-Classical because it has long been used by yogis and sets a very traditional tone

-Classical because it helps them zone out distractions