2 poses that emotionally shake me

There are two poses that are super intensive to me, Halasana (Plow pose) and Chakrasana (Wheelpose). I am on board with the emotional muscle tention that is being released while holding these type of asanas but I’ve had an interesting experience in Halasana which im not sure what it is.

Sometimes I manage do Halasana with my knees to the floor but these last weeks I’ve felt a lot of tention in my back, especially the two long muscles that are along side the spine, from the lower back to the shoulders. I feet intense panic and discomfort rising as I hold the pose and it took me a couple of days before i learned to breathe through it. As I breath through the panic I feel warmth swelling in my stomach, from the 2nd to 3rd chakra, and my legs get a bit numb. If I hold the pose slightly longer I feel shaking and tention, like an erruption in my hearth chakra, and I start to sob. I usually get out of the pose because it gets to intense after 15-30 breaths.

Do anyone know what kind of tention im holding on to? Should I just keep practicing to release it, and is there any other pose that i can try?

More practice will bring longer retention time.

Interesting topic - following! I have the same feelings of emotional release in camel pose.

That’s really interesting. Please keep us in the loop as you progress through it.

It’s interesting that you used the word “shake” in the header. There is a technique called Trauma Releasing Exercises (TRE) that uses seven yoga-like poses to activate the tremorring/shaking response, as a way of releasing stress and trauma in the body. The theory being, that the shaking is the nervous system’s natural/innate way of releasing tension - but we tend to suppress it as adults. No one can say with certainty what type of tension you are holding that gets activated with these two poses. Someday, you may or may not make a connection to something that happened to that part of the body.

TRE can be learned in a class or at home via a video.

Here’s a 7min video that explains TRE, if you’re curious: here