3 Common Questions Beginning Meditators ask

Meditation is a practice of creating inner stillness and forming space in the mind to observe our inner and outer worlds.

In this video I discuss 3 of the most common questions people ask when they begin their meditation practice:

1. What is Meditation?
  2. How do I Meditate?
  3. How do I know when I'm Meditating?

These subjects are covered in our book about meditation called Inner Nature. In the book we discuss the basis for meditation as well as how to use it for falling asleep fast and efficiently, navigating anxiety, remaining in the present moment and much much more.

This book will be free until 9-12-2019, then will gradually rise in price starting at $0.99.

Pick up your copy of Inner Nature here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X4YW9F5

1 Like

Great,
Meditation is a process. Many practitioners of meditation come to think of it as something that happens to us, something we have to learn. When we do, we tend to focus on what we are doing wrong. We worry that we are not doing it right, and we are afraid of doing it wrong. This can lead us to abandon our meditation practice, or to make meditation into a process we run through rather than something we do.

This is usually the scenario for beginning meditators. They go looking for help, and they find meditation classes or books or retreats. They read some instruction, then do it for a while. They feel something, then stop. Those first experiences may be encouraging, but at some point it becomes clear that meditation isn't as easy as they thought it would be.

1 Like