44yo Male, does Yoga get easier as you lose weight?

Hi. I'm new to yoga. I'm slowly losing about 75lbs of extra weight and I wondered if yoga gets easier as you lose weight? Will I find I have more mobility and range of motion on my yoga mat?

I'm working with a yoga teacher and on my own as well. I an working on stretching and strength when I'm not doing yoga. I'm not doing yoga to lose weight, I'm doing it to reconnect with my body and be more mindful of my body.

Hey, MrWinter!

I believe that in some ways it gets easier, but I also think that weight is often unrelated to the experience. I believe that nutrition, and eating foods that feed your body's as well as emotional needs. Let me know what you think about that. I will also include a video that discusses masculine tendencies, and how it can play into our yoga practice!

Have a great day!

Jett Kohl Turner 200 hr Certified Yoga Instructor

Of course. As someone that has lost a few pounds myself the smaller your belly gets the easier some things come. The key thing with me is I need to do cardio as much as I do Yoga: daily. Something as simple as a 30-minute walk (which is more beneficial if you include hills) can help in so many ways.

The rest comes with time and consistency; lack of consistency is evil.