5 more minutes

This was printed on the inside lid of my pizza box at lunch today:

[INDENT][INDENT][B][U]Five More Minutes ![/U][/B]
While at the park one day, a woman sat down next to a man on a bench near a playground. “That’s my son over there,” she said, pointing to a little boy in a red sweater who was gliding down the slide.

“He’s a fine looking boy” the man said. “That’s my son on the swing in the blue sweater.” Then, looking at his watch, he called to his son. “What do you say we go, Todd?” Todd pleaded, “Just five more minutes, Dad. Please? Just five more minutes.”

The man nodded and Todd continued to swing to his heart’s content. Minutes passed and the father stood and called again to his son. “Time to go now?” Again Todd pleaded, “Five more minutes, Dad. Just five more minutes.” The man smiled and said, “O.K.”

“My, you certainly are a patient father,” the woman responded.

The man smiled and then said, “My older son Tommy was killed by a drunk driver last year while he was riding his bike near here. I never spent much time with Tommy and now I’d give anything for just five more minutes with him. I’ve vowed not to make the same mistake with Todd. He thinks he has five more minutes to swing. The truth is, I get Five more minutes to watch him play.”

Life is all about making priorities, what are your priorities? Give someone you love 5 more minutes of your time today.

Author unknown [/INDENT][/INDENT]

The pizza was delicious BTW

Guru Ohm! Your Guru within has just spoken with you… and me. Seeing my grown son in the life he’s created for himself the only regret I have is the “one more five minutes” I did not give him. I wish I would have had yoga back then too! (low impact and focusing exercising)

I think more than anything, it is saying all we have is now. This moment. No regrets, just live in the moment. Carpe Diem!

@Flex
Glad the pizza was good! lol

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.

–Sydney J. Harris

I love finding bits of inspiration from unexpected places. Sometimes they are the most meaningful.

Perhaps it’s a contrast between the “freedom” from permissiveness versus the freedom from discipline?

That was a beautiful story … least we forget that our own loved ones may not have just five more minutes.

That was a interesting story … its inspired me a little bit of life.

I’ve never experienced anything scarier than the prospect of living when my daughter wasn’t. Treasure everyone you love. She is safe for now but I know something of what the 5 more minutes Dad knows.

I spend my life away from my family. people die and i think that I should come over to visit more often…
but there are always too little time to spend together… something was not asked, something was not said… never enough…

[B]Moral[/B]- Life is all about making priorities, and family is one and only priority on top of all other, so spend all time you can with loved ones.

Who would have thought you could find wisdom from pizza? ;-p

I like how the Dad in the story chose to look at each 5-more-minutes as a blessing, rather than a burden.

Interesting story…
Thanks for sharing.

Sometimes we only realize what we have ones we have lost some other things . Thanks for sharing.

http://www.pureflowmotions.com http://www.best-yoga-retreats.com

I almost lost my life, but I am grateful for that experience because even though it took a harsh reality for me to transform, I fully realized the value of loved ones, the treasures we have in our life, and I appreciated every ounce of what I was given in life. Now, I live to create happiness in the lives of others

Great story - thank you for sharing

Absolutely beautiful!
Thanks for sharing!