A Comparison of Hinduism and Christianity by Peter Kreeft

OH NO! I was SO EXCITED to come and be a part of this forum! May we please get back to the initial conversation, even after all this time? I was enjoying it, actually, and in the beginning did not see it as disrespectful between Thomas and Surya Diva~though misunderstood and from two different perspectives (as stated very well by Jagannath_Mishra!). Any name-calling and racial slurs really have no place on a yoga forum, do they? THANK YOU ADMIN! for taking care of that. :slight_smile:

Surya Diva said, “Christianity is only exoteric and the esoteric part, Christian Gnosticism is considered heresy. However, it is far from being democratic. Free thinking and free speech and action are not encouraged. Blind acceptance of religious authoriy is encouraged.”

First, I am in no way offended! I’m not exactly sure what it was that set Thomas off and inhibited his grace from flowing… I would like to share that this has not been my personal experience, rather I have always been encouraged to read and to know the Bible for myself~and partly for the purpose of being able to recognize false teaching! (I am not Catholic, and unlike many Christians I see we share differences in faith but are in agreement in what would be Christian essentials.) I would love to continue a discussion that allows us to learn more from/about one another! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

There is no difference between any religion. They just use different terminology.

[QUOTE=Melchizedek;75682]There is no difference between any religion. They just use different terminology.[/QUOTE]

and different approaches, or upanishads.

Sorry

Well I may have put my foot in it with the above two comments. For I have recently begun a study of Islam and it appears, that this religon is not quite like all the others.

Seems to me, now, as I start at the begining of my investigations that this religon is one of Hatred.

Am I wrong? Could be…

[QUOTE=Melchizedek;76070]Well I may have put my foot in it with the above two comments. For I have recently begun a study of Islam and it appears, that this religon is not quite like all the others.

Seems to me, now, as I start at the begining of my investigations that this religon is one of Hatred.

Am I wrong? Could be…[/QUOTE]

It?s an Abrahamic religion filled with dogma provoking fear from the wrath of God since their way is God’s way, the only way, just like the rest of them.

[QUOTE=ray_killeen;76073]It’s an Abrahamic religion filled with dogma provoking fear from the wrath of God since their way is God’s way, the only way, just like the rest of them.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your opinion. Later I’ll see If agree.

Well… I can assure you that God doesn’t go around telling people to lye in wait and kill nonbelievers.

Jesus said love. Right?