A few facts you may not know about meditation

Just started meditating as a rookie, and found these amazing facts that might encourage myself of carrying on.
Want to share with you guys these benefits that I found online and we all keep on meditating.
1. Meditation makes you happier
People who meditate generally lead happier lives than those who don’t. Meditation is known to enhance the flow of constructive thoughts and positive emotions. Even a few minutes spent meditating regularly can make a big difference. Scientific evidence supports this claim: extensive studies were conducted on a group of Buddhist monks as they were meditating. The pre-frontal cortex of the monks’ brains (the part associated with happiness) was found to be extra active.
2. Meditation helps you manage anxiety, stress and depression
The transformative potential of meditation shouldn’t be underestimated. Studies conducted at the University of Wisconsin proved that meditation has physiological effects on the brain. For example, researchers found that the part of the brain that regulates stress and anxiety shrinks when meditation is practiced consistently. By focusing on moment-by-moment experiences, meditators are training the mind to remain calm, even in stressful situations. Along with this, they also experience significantly less anxiety due to uncertainty about the future.
3. You needn’t be a religious person to meditate
The Mindworks Meditation App founders believe that meditation can benefit everyone. It is beyond doctrine: it’s about developing calmness, practicing awareness and decluttering the mind. And although contemplation is a key component of most world religions, you don’t have to be adhere to a religion to practice meditation. This is good news for the one in five Americans who define themselves as “spiritual but not religious!” Also, in January 2018 the Pew Research Center published findings that show just how mainstream mindfulness meditation has become in the US, regardless of religious affiliation.
4. Meditation benefits are almost immediate
The numerous health benefits that result from meditation are another great reason to adopt the practice. Certain benefits can start making themselves felt very quickly after people start sitting. A sense of calmness and peace of mind are common experiences, even if this feeling is fleeting and subtle. In an article published in Forbes online, attorney Jeena Cho lists six scientifically proven benefits that you may not have been expecting, including a reduction in implicit race and age bias.
Some people worry that meditation is having the opposite effect because their minds seem busier than ever. Our advice: stick with it, and keep your sessions short. Meditation isn’t about wiping the slate of your mind clean, it’s about being aware of what appears there. And you’re a step ahead: you’re already noticing how busy the mind can be.
5. Meditation helps you fall asleep
Insomnia is a troubling condition – everybody dreads a sleepless night. Sadly, about a third of the American population suffers from some form of sleep deprivation, whether occasional or chronic. If you’re one of those misfortunate folk who stare at the ceiling and count sheep all night to no avail, meditation just might be a solution. An article in the Harvard Health Blog confirms that meditation triggers the relaxation response – which is why some people actually have the opposite problem: they fall asleep as soon as they begin to meditate!
6. Meditation sharpens your memory
Apart from enhancing your happiness and improving your overall well-being, meditation also helps your memory stay sharp and your concentration remain steady. With mindfulness meditation, you train in remaining aware of the present moment in a non-judgmental manner. Consequently, distractions are less and less likely to sweep you away. Just one more reason why you should meditate.

5 Likes

The breath with Meditation could let everybody relax, feeling good. The deeeeeeeeeeeep breath.......

1 Like

Agreed. Slowing down the breath really makes you feel settled

1 Like

Agreed. It works for animals as well. Just before I ride I complete a sequence of Alternate Nostril Breathing while standing next to my horse. When I'm done and I open up my eyes his head is hanging down and he has squinty eyes. Breathing really helps us relax and focus on the task at hand.

1 Like

I agree with everything you said, today's meditators have become even better at teaching meditation. Because they are now using calming and healing sounds to improve meditation exercises. And according to other meditators, listening to music while meditating is far more capable of reaching the inner peace of our mind and making it easier to minimize unwanted emotions faster than we expect. Here is one of the examples of calm music used while practicing meditation from music-nutrition.com.

Try to listen to their healing music sound of transformation and start embracing the changes.

Hi Guys and Girls....

Sorry, I know this is unrelated, but my this girl I'm dating is really into Yoga. I want to buy her something for Christmas, and found a few nice yoga pants and dresses. Can someone please advise on your favorite dress or yoga pants from this site? I'm debating between these two:

https://holistified.com/collections/tops/products/floral-beach-bohemian-vacation-tribal-print-off-the-shoulder-cotton

and

https://holistified.com/collections/tops/products/sexy-pink-pastel-party-preppy-ruffle-asymmetrical-backless-summer-dress

We just started dating and I don't feel comfortable asking her friends.

Thank you

Meditation is a yoga technique where you have to sit in the easy pose and keep your eyes closed and relaxed your mind. IF you do meditation in your daily routine, then you can easily relax your mind and keep the stress, depression and anxiety away from your body.

1 Like

. . . and meditation can help us access the quantum field where superficial or deep healing becomes possible, deep life changes and more. Great article :slight_smile:

If you've never done anything like meditation before, you may find it hard to believe. But if you're like most people, you probably don't know much about it.

Although meditation doesn't look like much, it is one of the oldest things in the world. It was there when the first living things appeared on Earth, and it's been around ever since.

Meditation is not a new invention; only its name has changed. A few thousand years ago it was an entirely different word, hou-hek, meaning "alleviating disturbing emotions" or "relaxing the mind."

Meditation is a practice that almost anyone can do. It doesn't require any special courage or devotion; we all have enough of both.

The first step to understanding meditation is to realize that it is not a single thing. The word "meditation" has more than one meaning, and there are more than one thousand different styles. Some are supposed to be better than others, but the only way to tell what's good for you is trial and error. A lot of people say they found their style of meditation through trial and error. When you're struggling with a problem, you often feel like there must be some technique that will make it go away. But there isn't any technique that does that.

Meditation starts when Kundalini is awakened.

Very Informative article.
Types of Chakra Meditation are as Follows.
Balancing Muladhara Chakra:
Balancing Swadhisthan Chakra:
Balancing Manipur Chakra:
Balancing Anahat Chakra:
Balancing Vishudhi Chakra:
Balancing Ajna Chakra:
Balancing Sahasrar Chakra: