A Flame Loses None of It's Brilliance

“A Flame Loses None of It’s Brilliance in Igniting Another Flame”

I saw this on the wall of a yoga studio in Naples Florida. The studio is quite small and modest - a long narrow room. On the wall behind the instructor were many yoga quotes hand written - pretty cool.

The reason I like this quote is because I notice that in the yoga world there seem to be two types of teachers

1. Those who embrace other teachers… who seek to connect with and strengthen one another. Here I’m thinking about the wonderful yoga teachers who mentored me and embraced me when I first started out. I would like to name them to honor them. They are Lisa Anne of Yoga for Every Body. Damade of World Yoga Mission. Stephanie Keach, who I don’t know personally but who reviewed my yoga CD. And many more teachers who were so full of love and kindness. And now that I’m established I have the honor to follow their behavior so that I now can lovingly mentor new yoga teachers.

2. And those who are stuck in fear or poverty mentality, which prevents them from fully working with other instructors. I guess I’m thinking a couple of teachers I’ve encountered who just put out a weird energy or give you the ‘up and down’ check out when they find out you teach yoga. It’s almost as if they think the world can only handle a limited number of yoga teachers. I think the more yoga teachers the better world we will have.

fear contracts and love expands… :slight_smile:

neither is wrong or right, better nor worse, but whatever your preference may be that is what you should choose to manifest and see… ~*~

there are those of us that have been conditioned to believe that competition is the reality of life, survival of the fittest, only the strong survive, one-up’manship, us against them, scarcity of resources…

… there are those of us that have deprogrammed from such ideas and beliefs and see with fresh eyes that we are all in this together, cooperation leads to success, together it’s easier, the brotherhood and sisterhood of humankind

…love makes things so much easier… one bulb is enough to light a room, but two bulbs is that much brighter :slight_smile:

blessings friend