A Humble Request for Your Prayers and Blessings for Mukunda Stiles

Dear Yoga Forum Friends and Readers,
Some of you share with me the tremendous privilege of studying with Yogi Mukunda Stiles. Mukunda created Structural Yoga Therapy and offered his training programs around the world. Most of you likely know of him from his books, [I]Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: With Great Respect and Love[/I]; [I]Structural Yoga Therapy: Adapting to the Individual[/I] and [I]Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy[/I].

And if not through SYT or his books, then this forum is what we all have in common with Mukunda and each other. YogaForums.com was begun in 2002 by one of Mukunda’s students as a means to share his teachings. The first few hundred threads of this forum are “question and answer” emails compiled from years of correspondence with his clients and students. You can still find his threads and posts in the earlier pages of this forum. I encourage you to look for them there, or search for him by his username, [I]Mukunda;[/I] as each is filled with a deeper understanding and practice of Yoga than many of us get to see in our lives.

Mukunda is seriously ill with an undiagnosed illness. He is being treated by some of the best doctors available to him in California, and others who are flying in to serve him. These doctors and healers are offering him treatments for both the gross and the subtle bodies, within the modern medical system and the ancient systems of Yoga and Ayurveda. He is responding to some, but is still loosing weight and pranic vitality, and is now using oxygen intermittently. Mukunda is comfortable and at great peace with what is being given to him; and he is seeks wholeness and health in whatever form is given to him by the Divine Mother.

His students are organizing a prayer circle for Mukunda this Saturday, April 9 at 1:00–1:30 PM E.S.T… Please adjust for your time zone and join us in prayer for Mukunda’s health and wholeness. You are invited to use this prayer of surrender to the Divine Mother, which Mukunda and Chinnamasta, his wife and consort, repeat daily:

[COLOR=#000000][I] •
[/I]Divine Mother,
[/COLOR]We offer ourselves to Thee[COLOR=#000000]
to do and work with us as Thy will.

Release us from our suffering,
so that we may better do Thy will.

Take away our difficulties,
so the victory over them bears witness to those we serve.

Of Thy Love, power and Thy way of Life
May we always, always do Thy will.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]•[/COLOR]

So, you may this prayer, or chant the [I]Mahamrityunjaya Mantra[/I], or use any other way of sending healing energy to Mukunda that feels appropriate to you. Please use what has the most healing energy available and heart connection for you; As always, this is most important when the intention is to bless another with our prayers.

As a deeply devoted student of Mukunda, I offer you my truest and most heartfelt gratitude. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your sharing in this with me, and with all of those who will join us. Please send your best and highest to him, now and during our prayer circle, as well as after. I am including a photo of him for those you desire this while praying for him.

With my great respect and love,
Nichole

Oh my. Much love and many prayers will be sent his way.

My thoughts go out to Mukunda Stiles who I have never met , but he was the reason that I came to this forum , out of deep respect of what he has to share with us .
Om Vajrasattva.

That’s 11 a.m. my time. I will join you from here. I will also think of you and hope you find the strength to cope with this. He obviously means a lot to you, and you are a good friend.

Hello Nichole,

Thank you for sharing this.
we gather for meditation tomorrow evening and I’ll certainly hold Mukunda in whatever light I’m able to manifest.

Gordon

Structural Yoga Therapy, is one of my most referenced books. He’s touched many lives both directly and indirectly creating peace and harmony. Such a difficult time for you Nichole, his family and the yoga community. My thoughts and prayers will be with you all.

My most sincere thanks to each of you who posted, and for all of you who are keeping Mukunda in your heart, thoughts and prayers. Your friendship in this means so much to me.

My our thoughts be uplifting, our words truthful and may we manifest these qualities in our actions.

With great respect and love,
Nichole

I have to be somewhere at that time, but Mukunda Stiles will be in my thoughts.

Dear Friends,
Thank you again and bless you. This is from an email recently shared by Mukunda with our sangha. I share it in-part with all of you now, as well as adding links to what Mukunda is referencing within his email so that you may gather more information as you would like.

With great respect and love,
Nichole Nurenberg[I]

Dear friends,

It has been a while since we have updated you about how we are doing. We have gone through a major positive shift last 4 months and now that we are reading the last email that Chinnamasta [/I] [I](Mukunda’s consort and wife) sent to you all, while I was on oxygen and barely still alive in my body, we realize what a big journey we have made and are still in. There is a positive shift but I am still “in the woods”.

[/I][I]Our life is focused around regularity in life style, sadhana, dinacharya , healing foods, daily treatments, healing sessions and most of all hugasana. We are healing and happy.[/I] [I]

We have been unable to bring new teachings last 9 months, yet at the same time are delighted to have the new book in our hands. Tantra Yoga Secrets feels to be the best piece of writing of my 4 books.[/I]

[I] We are preparing for the Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy Certification Training in November in Novato and the SYT weekend in a tantra yoga ashram in Florida. We mainly stay put in Novato as much as possible as it is needed for us to ground, root and have a base from which to nurture our families - both biological and spiritual. So we invite you to come and join us in a program or personal retreat if you can, or meet, hug and love and feel loved.[/I] [I]

I am starting to offer short skype sessions again of 15-30 minutes, when the energy is good and Chinnamasta is focusing on deeper ayurvedic &yogic healing skype sessions and private retreats from our home.[/I] [I]

We are frequently surprised and delighted by the support of this community.We feel humbled and deeply touched with the financial support we personally received from several and by the raffle organized by Mangala that is providing us with very welcome financial support. We are grateful for your cards, emails, prayers, phone calls, pujas, continued support. We fully realize the healing that your support is providing in these trying times. Thank you so much for holding the space for the last several months.[/I] [I]

A new level of support, private sessions and referrals are appreciated at this time. Let us know how we can serve you, your family and your students. The wonderful journey continues to reveal the tantra yoga secrets. Please stay connected and know that we wish to support you all and share experiences, hold hands, listen and encourage all voices to be heard and respected.[/I] [I]

All changes are possible with great respect and love,[/I]    [I]

It  is this respect and love that we wish to radiate[/I] [I]

Mukunda and Chinnamasta

[/I]•

Thank you for keeping us updated. I’m glad things are looking better than previous months! :slight_smile: