A journey of self discovery: who am i?

A Journey of Self Discovery – Who am I ? – It’s easier to understand the concept using the Bhagavad Gita, an Indian ancient book of knowledge and wisdom.
Bhagavad Gita addresses fundamental concepts related to the nature of the self (Atman) and its relationship to the universe and the divine. The indexed knowledge journey helps one self-discover the question, Who am I?

One of the central teachings of the Bhagavad Gita is the idea of the true self or Atman, which is considered eternal and transcendent. According to the Gita, the true self is distinct from the physical body and the ego (ahamkara). It is described as eternal, unchanging, and beyond the material world.

In Chapter 2, Verse 20 Of The Bhagavad Gita (2.20), Lord Krishna Explains:

Na jayate mriyate va kadacin nayam bhutva bhavita va na bhuyah ajo nityah sasvato ‘yam purano na hanyate hanyamane sarire

Which translates to:

“For the soul, there is neither birth nor death at any time. It has not come into being, does not come into being, and will not come into being. He is unborn, eternal, ever-existing, and primeval. It is not slain when the body is slain.”

This verse reflects the timeless nature of the true self, indicating that it is not subject to birth or death, and is beyond the cycle of reincarnation.

The Bhagavad Gita also emphasizes the importance of realizing one’s true nature and achieving self-realization (Atma-jnana), which leads to liberation (Moksha) from the cycle of birth and death (Samsara).

Therefore, according to the teachings of the Bhagavad Gita, one’s true identity is that of an eternal, immortal soul (Atman) that is part of the cosmic consciousness (Brahman).

One must confine the energy and focus through meditation, where one can connect to the Higher consciousness. There, there too, we need a lot of introspection – we can have all our questions answered here.

My next post is on “Meditation“, Please stay tuned, where I will introduce you to new doors of realization.

Join my Yoga classes, specifically designed to cater your times and needs. Click HERE