Acro Yoga: My flyer is having trouble with being upside down

Hey there,
I don’t know if I posted this in the right place, let’s me know if I should have put this somewhere else in the forum

Thanks!
So I’ve been doing acro yoga for a few months, and I’ve been wanting to get my girlfriend into it.
But she has a lot of trouble when she goes upside down, she says her thighs hurt from the pressure of my feet
And her head feels weird like all the blood is rushing to it, on the verge of passing out
She has really low blood pressure
So I think that is the cause
But does anyone have any incite to what we should do to get her adjusted to it?

Thank you!!

Why does she have low blood pressure?

I don’t know, I think it’s genetics, because she’s eats a lot of salt. But yeah she always gets head rushes when she gets up too fast. I’ve looked up how to raise your blood pressure
But there isn’t much you can do. They said to eat more salt. Which she does. ha

I’m sure you already see the contradiction here, but salt is hypertonic - it draws water out of tissue and into blood vessels, increasing blood pressure.

Exercise increases perfusion. Any noticeable effect would take years, but increased perfusion leads to increased pressure.

Perhaps she drinks too much water?

There are vasoconstrictors, but those are for serious cases where patients cannot alleviate symptoms with lifestyle choices, either because their vasculature simply won’t maintain adequate pressure or because the discipline isn’t there. However, plenty of pharmaceutical companies, doctors, and other healthcare practitioners would be fine prescribing vasoconstrictors off the bat, so if she wants a drug it shouldn’t be hard to find someone happy to make a buck insodoing.

Anyways, I wouldn’t be worried about acro yoga with someone who has chronic hypotension. I would be focused on the hypotension.

Yeah I don’t know if her low blood pressure is the cause of her of discomfort when upside down, I just though that it could be it.
So you’re saying the best way to combat her dizzy and light headedness is for her to exercise more?
oh and at the end of your comment, did you mean to say hypertension first and the hypotension or vise versa?

Hypotension. Hyper means high. Like that instructor in the scalding hot baptiste class.