Advice on Fibromyalgia

I have just come across 2 people with fibromyalgia, one new student in my yoga class and another student’s husband, who also suffers from arthritis and disc problems, she would like me to treat as a massage client. I know little about the condition but as it is pain based assume there is vata imbalence, can you suggest a general approach to take.
Namaste, Uma Jo.

Uma Jo -

Did you look at SYT papers on my yogatherapycenter.org website there is an extensive paper on this topic posted there. In general focus on vata balancing practices - JFS, gentle asanas with pranayama or breath awareness, meditation is key as the mind needs to be addressed. Thought process is awray for these clients, so psychotherapy or yogic counseling - that is learning to interpret the world with the mind of a yogini. namaste mukunda

Uma Jo -

Did you look at SYT papers on my yogatherapycenter.org website? there is an extensive paper on this topic posted there. In general focus on vata balancing practices - JFS, gentle asanas with pranayama or breath awareness, meditation is key as the mind needs to be addressed. Thought process is awray for these clients, so psychotherapy or yogic counseling - that is learning to interpret the world with the mind of a yogini.

For client with arthritis that topic i would treat separately with arthritis diet, of course you must do it to yourself for 10 days before you can recommend it.  In the meantime if you have not done this then JFS extra slowly will help calm increased pitta and vata too.  

namaste mukunda