Alternating my yoga practice?

Im thinking about alternating between vigorous yoga to where i am tryna to tone up and the regular Hatha yoga where it’s peaceful and im aware of my body. should i mondays,wednsdays,and fridays do hatha and Tuesdays,thursdays,and saturdays do toning uo yoga or power yoga or how can i do that??

Alternating between a strong/vigerous/dynamic/yang type of yoga with a slower/softer/yin style is a good idea…totaly your choice over how often/which days etc…but do give yourself at least one day off each week.

Your question suggests that you are not being very aware or consious of you body in the strong yoga practice…it is very important that however strong/dynamic the practice is you should always be fully aware of your body…how you are moving it…any feelings and sensations you are having…being aware of the alignment in every asana…feeling which parts of the body are working…which are stretching…just moving mindlessly through a yoga practice may result in injury.

[QUOTE=poeticjewel95;71227]Im thinking about alternating between vigorous yoga to where i am tryna to tone up and the regular Hatha yoga where it’s peaceful and im aware of my body. should i mondays,wednsdays,and fridays do hatha and Tuesdays,thursdays,and saturdays do toning uo yoga or power yoga or how can i do that??[/QUOTE]

whenever designing a fitness program, it’s essential to listen to your body and it’s needs. what do you know about your body based on past experience with yoga? what do you think will be optimal for your body?

-dale