Amaroli - Is Drinking Urine Safe?

Surya,

“One is equally foolish to mistake mythology for technical descriptions in Yoga texts which mention clearly that hunger and thrist can be ended if one practices a certain yoga technique.”

Yes, that is possible. And I know this from direct experience, as I have awakened the same siddhi. But if you consider something like “flying in the sky”, then you are simply being idiotic in the same way that a Christian is being idiotic by actually believing that there was a Tree of Knowledge and Tree of Life in the Garden of Eden. And the fact that you are so desperate to cling to these siddhis reflects your own vulgar mind - which is far more interested in lust for power rather than wisdom. Unless you are willing to surrender and surrender totally, become absolutely powerless to a force which is beyond your own limited ego, then you have yet to realize what is needed for communion with the Way.

“There exists plenty of accounts of yogis throughut yoga lore who have demonstrated these abilities.”

It is one’s own childish imagination which wants to believe just about anything that crosses one’s path without question, as long as it appeals to one’s ego. Stories are just stories, and it does not matter where they come from. If you simply accept them without question, then you are not different than any dogmatic person who accepts things on the basis of blind belief. And of course, one will try to bend one’s logic according to one’s beliefs. Whatever has yet to enter into one’s own experience has no relevance whatsoever. And even if such a thing was possible, you still have to live in one and the same present moment. The moment you have lost contact with the present in your awareness, you have lost contact with the whole existence. Outside of this, there is no religion.

"Levitation has been elevated from being pure science fiction to science fact, according to a study reported today by physicists. "

It does not require a scientific experiment to prove that levitation in nature is possible. All that you need to do is swim in water to see that. Those experiments they were doing was through the aid of scientific technology, and it is not in the intention of nature that the human body should levitate or have the potential to levitate, just as it is not in the nature of the human body to fly in the air. Try as one may - you are never going to grow wings, regardless of even infinite siddhis that one may awaken.

"In earlier work the same team of theoretical physicists showed that invisibility cloaks are feasible. "

Yes, they have already been invented and put to use. And their use depends on external technology. The human body cannot become invisible, although it is possible to awaken a state of consciousness where it will make you less visible to others in their experience.

Amir,

I humbly opine that the power of consciousness is limitless.

The laws of nature you refer to are stable but illusory before the atman. God’s own projections, one may transcend and handle them at will when retrieving one’s true godly nature.

They are not miracles, but natural extensions of our faculties.

[QUOTE=ray_killeen;59823]My severe allergy issues were resolved when I eliminated dairy, wheat (basically gluten free), introduced sinus irrigation twice a day, down a few supplements each day; quercetin & bromelain, asana also helped, irrigate first then do asana. I work (day job) with several people the last 30 years who drank the ?water of life? as they would say, I can?t get past the thought and their breath smelled funny, they appeared to be healthy into their 70?s now?[/QUOTE]

It is frequent to develop immuno-intolerance to wheat as we have daily consumed/abused it. Our digestive organs deplete the enzymes needed for digesting the foods we’ve abused, and our immunoglobulins consider them strange bodies. That’s the origin of some ailments.

Have you ever heard about imupro-300 blood test? One can override several pathologies setting an strict, personalized diet.

panoramix,

“the power of consciousness is limitless”

This may be just an excuse to believe just about anything at all. If the power of consciousness is limited, then one can make the Sun revolve around the Earth, or make the fiction of the second coming of Christ into a reality. But it does not matter what your “powers” of consciousness are, you can never make the sun revolve around the Earth, or make the story of Jesus Christ’s Second Coming come true. One has to understand that anything which is functioning according to time and space has to be limited, as time and space themselves are limited. And as consciousness is a limiting quality in itself, that is another limitation that is to be emptied out. The energy of one’s original nature does not transcend the laws of nature, nor does it have any intention to do so.

The reason why one is clinging to the idea of the otherworldly is because things as they are, in all their ordinariness, has not managed to bring oneself to a contentment. Otherwise, you will see that the miracle is not of walking on water or changing water into wine - but the sun appearing in the morning, the grass growing in the spring, and the water flowing down the stream.

“The laws of nature you refer to are stable but illusory before the atman.”

One will first have to investigate for oneself and find out whether such an “atman” exists. So far it remains just a hypothesis - which may or may not be true. And because you have already accepted something as a belief rather than recognizing one’s own ignorance, that one does not know, in the same breath one has prevented oneself from knowing.

“God’s own projections”

It is God which is one’s own projection. That word will mean whatever one wants it to mean. Whatever one wants it to mean is certainly going to come from the one-sided lenses of the intellect.

“one may transcend and handle them at will when retrieving one’s true godly nature.”

The whole existence with all of it’s shapes and forms is there - and yet one continues seeking some “godly” nature beyond it. Seeing and yet remaining absolutely blind, hearing and yet remaining absolutely deaf - the whole paradise is available and yet man cuts himself off from it in a blink of an eye.

[QUOTE=AmirMourad;59971]Surya,

“One is equally foolish to mistake mythology for technical descriptions in Yoga texts which mention clearly that hunger and thrist can be ended if one practices a certain yoga technique.”

But if you consider something like “flying in the sky”, then you are simply being idiotic in the same way that a Christian is being idiotic by actually believing that there was a Tree of Knowledge and Tree of Life in the Garden of Eden.

Those same technical descriptions which describe techniques for arresting hunger and thrist, also give techniques for flying :wink: So why is one real and the other mythology if they occur in the same text?

You pick and choose simply based on what you like or dislike.

“There exists plenty of accounts of yogis throughut yoga lore who have demonstrated these abilities.”

Stories are just stories

Although you sure are fond of citing stories of Buddha aren’t you :wink: So why are those stories true and the ones describing siddhis false.

Again pick and choose on what you like or dislike.

"Levitation has been elevated from being pure science fiction to science fact, according to a study reported today by physicists. "

and it is not in the intention of nature that the human body should levitate or have the potential to levitate, just as it is not in the nature of the human body to fly in the air. Try as one may - you are never going to grow wings, regardless of even infinite siddhis that one may awaken.

But arresting food and hunger is in the nature of the human body :wink: You pick and choose what you like and dislike.

If the mind can control matter on one level it can control them on all levels. Right now, via my mind I am controlling my limbs. I can even regulate my breath. By applying yogic techniques my mind can control my body temperature, heart beat, body temperature, which were previously outside of my control.

The above links shows that levitation is caused to happen by generating a quantum force from the zero point energy field at the fundamental level of matter which can generate an upwards force pusing an object up. Well, guess what the human body is matter and thus it also has a zero point energy field at the fundamental level and thus it can also generate an upwards pushing quantum force.

You cannot produce one reason why mind should not be able to control matter at the fundamental level - you simply state it based on your prejudice on what sounds possible to you and what sounds impossible to you because on your belief you are awakened Buddha. Just because you don’t have these abilities, you conclude that they are impossible :wink:

Interesting eh, going into the zero point energy field and generating an upwards force to push - sounds very similar to Patanjali:

3.40 By the mastery over udana, the upward flowing prana vayu, there is a cessation of contact with mud, water, thorns, and other such objects, and there ensues the rising or levitation of the body.
(udana jayat jala panka kantaka adisu asangah utkrantih cha)

udana = one of the five prana vayus (upward flow of prana in the body)
jaya = by mastery
jala = water
panka = mud, as in a swamp
kantaka = thorn
adisu = and with others, et cetera
asangah = no contact, no adhesion, cessation of contact
utkrantih = rising, ascension, levitation
cha = and
Rising or levitation: By the mastery over udana vayu there ensues the rising or levitation of the body.

Pranas flow in the akasha as subtle currents - yep zero point energy field.

Yes, they have already been invented and put to use. And their use depends on external technology. The human body cannot become invisible, although it is possible to awaken a state of consciousness where it will make you less visible to others in their experience.

Interestingly, the physics behind how the invisibility cloak works is also a dead ringer for Patanjali:

When samyama is done on the form of one’s own physical body, the illumination or visual characteristic of the body is suspended, and is thus invisible to other people.
(kaya rupa samyama tat grahya shakti tat stambhe chaksuh prakasha asamprayoga antardhanam)

kaya = body
rupa = form
samyama = dharana (concentration), dhyana (meditation), and samadhi taken together (3.4)
tat = that
grahya = can be perceived, capable of receiving
shakti = power, capacity
tat = that
stambhe = to be checked, suspended
chaksuh = of the eye
prakasha = light, illumination, visual characteristic
asamprayoga = there being no contact, disconnected, separated contact
antardhanam = invisibility, disappearance

:wink:

Look, you are wrong. These siddhis in fact do exist and Patanjali actually gives the correct physics too. The truth is Amir, you are nowhere near enlightenment and this is why you have not found these siddhis :smiley: It requires consciousness so powerful it can penetrate into the quantum field.

Surya,

As you have already decided to cling to your conclusions, there is no purpose in discussing this deeper.

“By applying yogic techniques my mind can control my body temperature, heart beat, body temperature, which were previously outside of my control”

I am certain one day with your mind you are also going to change the speed of light, the temperature at which water boils, and whether men are born from the womb of women.

Amir:

Evidently we hold different cosmologies:

You think consciousness is in universe.
I think universe is in consciousness.

Amir:

What do you think about the “collapse of the wave function” of quantum mechanics?

[QUOTE=panoramix;60004]Amir:

What do you think about the “collapse of the wave function” of quantum mechanics?[/QUOTE]

He doesn’t think about it. He only believes in a physical universe with physical laws. Although I have demonstrated to him several times that in modern physics the universe is not believed to be physical, space and time have been falsified and it has also been confirmed that reality is observer-dependent.
In quantum physics teleportation, levitation, walking through solid walls, generating free energy or consciousness interacting with matter are not only not impossible, but possible and expected.

He continues to ignore this and assert his ignorant statements over and over again in different threads.

By the way I think we might be off-topic here!

Wasn’t there someone called Heisenberg who found an electron with several siddhis?

:slight_smile:

parnoramix,

"Evidently we hold different cosmologies:

You think consciousness is in universe.
I think universe is in consciousness."

I do not think anything whatsoever, the original nature of existence is not to be thought about.

Amaroli is primarily useful for it’s melatonin content, which is unnecessary and urine does contain toxins. It is basically, for someone who enjoys this idea, rather than for scientific purposes. If one cannot remain meditative without the use of additional melatonin, I would question the relevance of their meditative state, since it is temporary and dependent upon external forces.

“I do not think anything whatsoever.”

I would question this. Especially in light of the fact, that you have just recorded your thoughts in history.

If a person must remain celibate and drink urine, their meditation is unstable and they ought not to be considered capable of teaching anyone.

[QUOTE=JenniLeigh;60035]If a person must remain celibate and drink urine, their meditation is unstable and they ought not to be considered capable of teaching anyone.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Similarly, if one is an atheist, then they have no conscience, morality, intelligence, or humanity.

Please refrain from using deductive logic when attempting to characterize people.

If meditativeness and clarity is dependent upon a temporary external source, do you consider this stability, or does such as state remain in a flux without assistance ?

It is logical.

Besides, your opinion does not particularly interest me.

If meditativeness and clarity is dependent upon a temporary external source, do you consider this stability, or does such as state remain in a flux without assistance ?

>Assuming Amaroli, by definition, is tied to achieving a meditative state, which it isn’t.

It is logical.

It really isn’t.

Besides, your opinion does not particularly interest me.

>Implying your opinions (or should I say misconceptions) carry any import.

[QUOTE=JenniLeigh;60032]Amaroli is primarily useful for it’s melatonin content, which is unnecessary and urine does contain toxins. It is basically, for someone who enjoys this idea, rather than for scientific purposes. If one cannot remain meditative without the use of additional melatonin, I would question the relevance of their meditative state, since it is temporary and dependent upon external forces.[/QUOTE]

Well, anyone is dependant upon externalities to a certain extent. If we follow this logic eating shouldn’t be allowed too, why eat when you can hold prana with siddhic power?

But not anyone is fully developed, and if they were fully developed they wouldn’t be practicing yoga, I guess. :slight_smile:

So I see no problem with someone utilizing something external for a deeper internal purpose.

“Assuming Amaroli, by definition, is tied to achieving a meditative state, which it isn’t.”

The presence of melatonin creates a certain state of relaxation, which is conducive to meditation. Specific awareness is needed as to precisely how it’s function affects the mind, which requires individual experimentation. It can be particularly useful, but is limited to the temporary. Gurus have as much tendency as the average individual for dependency on external circumstances, in order to remain balanced.