Amaroli - Is Drinking Urine Safe?

Your posts Nietsche, indicate that you are merely seeking attention, through the use of controversy.

Pietro, the above post may clarify your concerns as well.

“…if they were fully developed they wouldn’t be practicing yoga, I guess.”

Precisely.

Teaching is limited.

To come across one who is capable may be of use, but this fact remains.

A more significant approach is early morning meditation, while melatonin circulates within the system in greater quantity and does not need to be reabsorbed by the body, which has once again returned to a stimulated and wakeful state upon arising.

[QUOTE=panoramix;59975]It is frequent to develop immuno-intolerance to wheat as we have daily consumed/abused it. Our digestive organs deplete the enzymes needed for digesting the foods we’ve abused, and our immunoglobulins consider them strange bodies. That’s the origin of some ailments.

Have you ever heard about imupro-300 blood test? One can override several pathologies setting an strict, personalized diet.[/QUOTE]

I have heard about it and considered it but opted for an elimination diet and slowly added things back enabling me to reduce symptoms and yes past blood work for immunoglobulin?s shows I?m highly allergic.

You have made me reconsider my clinical issue.

Now I’m not sure whether I’ve been healed through Amaroli or diet change or both…

Alas!

Pano, if something is working for you keep doing it until you have evidence for the contrary.

Do not listen to people who say it is not working when you know it is.

Nietzsche,

“Assuming Amaroli, by definition, is tied to achieving a meditative state, which it isn’t”

That is one of it’s functions, to assist the yogi in meditation.

Pietro,

“Well, anyone is dependant upon externalities to a certain extent.”

This is true only as far as one’s physical needs are concerned. If at the level of your experience, you are attached to outward forms, then too you are going to live according to the mercy of outer forces. But if one comes to know of a meditative consciousness, then only one thing determines one’s inner well being and that whether you are in this moment aware or unaware.

“So I see no problem with someone utilizing something external for a deeper internal purpose”

You are right, there is no problem with it. As far as yoga is concerned, the reason why all of these external methods have been created - from controlling the body, to the breath, to eating only particular foods, to sleeping in a particular way, to practicing at a particular time, non-stealing, non-violence, the mantras, the kriyas, the bandhas, the mudras - these are all just different ways to try and help dissolve the psychological hindrances for meditation. One does not have to do any of these things, but it is possible to use the outer to influence the inner. The common Buddhists don’t use any of those methods - they sit directly for meditation. But in their case, one has to deal with the same obstacles but through the mind. The mind will not cooperate easily, not because it is difficult, but because we are complex beings.

[QUOTE=JenniLeigh;60180]“Assuming Amaroli, by definition, is tied to achieving a meditative state, which it isn’t.”

The presence of melatonin creates a certain state of relaxation, which is conducive to meditation. Specific awareness is needed as to precisely how it’s function affects the mind, which requires individual experimentation. It can be particularly useful, but is limited to the temporary. Gurus have as much tendency as the average individual for dependency on external circumstances, in order to remain balanced.[/QUOTE]

Interesting.

I was always taught that Amaroli was merely urine therapy. I have never heard that it contains chemicals a pseudo-Yogi would use utilized to induce an artificial state of concentration and relaxation.

Sorry for jumping to conclusions.

Nietzche,

“I was always taught that Amaroli was merely urine therapy”

Like any technique, it impacts one’s system in several ways. It has also been used for it’s therapeutic effects, as it heightens the body’s immune system. That was another reason why it was used by yogis, because when you are living in the forest or the mountains, if you are to survive you have to bring your system to a state where it has a high level of endurance. For example the practice of amaroli, combined with other techniques, helped the yogi to become immune to snake bites, it is a kind of siddhi of the body. If one had already undergone certain purification, amaroli would also help accelerate a thorough purification of the nadis. If you were working on specific chakra centers, then too amaroli can be used in such a way as to awaken different energy centers. So that amaroli is simply urine therapy is just scratching the surface of the technique.

[QUOTE=AmirMourad;60374]Nietzche,

“I was always taught that Amaroli was merely urine therapy”

Like any technique, it impacts one’s system in several ways. It has also been used for it’s therapeutic effects, as it heightens the body’s immune system. That was another reason why it was used by yogis, because when you are living in the forest or the mountains, if you are to survive you have to bring your system to a state where it has a high level of endurance. For example the practice of amaroli, combined with other techniques, helped the yogi to become immune to snake bites, it is a kind of siddhi of the body. If one had already undergone certain purification, amaroli would also help accelerate a thorough purification of the nadis. If you were working on specific chakra centers, then too amaroli can be used in such a way as to awaken different energy centers. So that amaroli is simply urine therapy is just scratching the surface of the technique.[/QUOTE]

Interesting…

Thank you for the information.

I hope there is as potent a substance in existance, that can also assist one in developing an immunity to snake oil.

If urine contains any such qualities, they are exceedingly subtle, and certainly not worth the excitement you are attempting to generate, Amir.

“I have never heard that it contains chemicals a pseudo-Yogi would use utilized to induce an artificial state of concentration and relaxation.”

I have already agreed with this.

:slight_smile:

“If urine contains any such qualities, they are exceedingly subtle”

The urine of one who has purified one’s system is of a different quality than that of the average person. Nor is the technique meant to be practiced just for a day or two. Like all of the techniques of the yogic sciences, it’s impact upon your being will reveal itself over time - it’s effects are cumulative, not instantaneous. That is the problem with most people - they want a quick fix and to witness immediate results, and when they do not, they become disappointed and dismiss the process. If you practice amaroli or something like pranayam once a week, it is not going to do much. But if you practice everyday, and remain one-pointed in the discipline, over time you will start to witness things which otherwise would have never entered into your experience. Neither is amaroli intended to be practiced by itself - but in combination with other methods. For example, if you really want to witness how it assists in meditation, you will also have to be practicing meditation. If you really want to witness how it assists in purification of the nadis, you will also have to practice pranayam, asana, kriyas, mudras, bandhas, and other preparatory methods. In fact, the technique is often to be introduced to the disciple at a much later point in time, when he has already done much work with pranayam, asana, kriyas, and mudras. Once you start practicing the technique in this context, you will find that it’s effects are entirely different than that of a person who has tried practicing amaroli from the beginning, without any other training. The same is the case with practicing such observances as non-violence. Just by trying to be non-violent alone, that does not mean you are going to become awakened. Just by not-stealing, that does not mean you are going to come to a transformation. But when used in combination with many other disciplines, the effect is not subtle - everything contributes enormously to helping prepare the mind for transformation.

It is of no greater potency, it simply may contain less toxicity.

Cumuliative?

These substances are excreted once more, within hours.

“But when used in combination with many other disciplines, the effect is not subtle - everything contributes enormously to helping prepare the mind for transformation.”

And, how does this differ, from other forms of slavery?

If you are speaking of a cumulative effect upon meditativeness, regardless, it must be discarded eventually.

[QUOTE=JenniLeigh;60384]“I have never heard that it contains chemicals a pseudo-Yogi would use utilized to induce an artificial state of concentration and relaxation.”

I have already agreed with this.

:)[/QUOTE]

No. I was agreeing with you. :wink:

I don’t know how common or frequent the practice of Amaroli is in India. In all the Puranas I have read and in all the years I have spent in India, I never saw mention of any sage drinking his urine to subsist.

This will definitely be something I will look into.