Amaroli - Is Drinking Urine Safe?

Nietzsche,

As far as the expansion of consciousness is concerned, no doctor is qualified to speak about the matter. Their whole system of training has no place whatsoever for the exploration of man’s being. Nor does a small one hundred years of expansion of modern science function as a substitute for thousands of years of trial and error in the yogic sciences.

if you want to drink pee, drink cow pee!
i saw a guy in india taking it fresh from the cows bum!!!

also by the way
the sun does go around the earth its all a matter of perspective :slight_smile:

“also by the way
the sun does go around the earth its all a matter of perspective”

Certainly it does, and such a thing has been known for centuries before it ever entered even into the awareness of modern science. The fact is that because of one’s social conditioning, the only thing that has become valid as “evidence” in your understanding is whatsoever has been declared by modern science not understanding that there are other methods for investigation into nature which extend beyond the present knowledge modern science. Nor was in fact the scientific method something which was discovered by the scientists. The methods for the expansion of consciousness have come into being through enormous effort, investigation, trial and error.

i drank urine for a month and didn’t really experience any effect but i gave it up not because of toxins but because i just felt it was weird that everytime i went to the toilet i wanted to drink my pee
anyway, my liver still hurts
my friend told me that the body creates a cure for the diseases of the body and it comes out in your pee, so…
maybe ill start again
and ill tell you if it works in a few months

sublaster,

"i drank urine for a month and didn’t really experience any effect "

Methods such as amaroli are not intended to be practiced alone by themselves, but in combination with a number of other techniques as part of a systematic discipline. The same is the case with all the methods of yoga - whether it is with asana, pranayam, mudras, bandhas, kriyas, mantras, yantras, and so on. And depending on where you are along the path, these methods are going to work differently according to your relative condition. For one person, he may be practicing asana or pranayam for months with little to no effect. For another - just in five minutes, he can become intensely intoxicated almost on the verge of entering deep into meditation. For one person, he may be practicing methods like Maha Bandha and find it to be of little to no effect. For another, the same method has been the cause for the awakening of Kundalini. For one person, he may trying to practice meditation for hours without any result - for another, within a few moments he can enter in a deep samadhi. The problem with most people is that everybody wants a quick fix, not realizing that if you are to derive anything at all from these methods - a certain commitment and one-pointed discipline is needed. The effects are gradual, cumulative. If you expect to practice a technique for a mere month and achieve results, then you may as well abandon all of the methods of yoga altogether. Even for sitting meditation - when I was an ascetic it took me four months of continuous training until I could enter into even the first dhyana.

“my friend told me that the body creates a cure for the diseases of the body and it comes out in your pee”

Don’t listen to your friend.

“and ill tell you if it works in a few months”

It will not, because these methods don’t work like that.

well hang on… if your body doesnt create some kind of natural cure in your pee then what is the point in drinking your pee?

subalster,

It can have medicinal properties when used in a particular way. So can meditation. But the health benefits are just scratching the surface of the phenomenon.

In fact this was practiced by Morarji Desai ( Former PM) turned out he lived for 99 years!

Ashwin

wonder if that has any correlation !?

[QUOTE=artofliving;62195]In fact this was practiced by Morarji Desai ( Former PM) turned out he lived for 99 years!

Ashwin[/QUOTE]

My grandfather lived to 98 and never touched the stuff. He did drink rum every day of his life. That sounds like a much better plan to me.

He did drink rum every day of his life. That sounds like a much better plan to me

Then one is perhaps simply seeking an escape from the problems of ones sufferings. And yes, one can drink rum in a state of great celebration. But if you are already in a state of celebration, then whether or not you are drinking rum makes no difference.

you are off topic this is about drinking pee. I would do it if I was living in a organic world way out far away from pollution and stress and only eating vegetables but we live in a very toxic world from plastics we drink out of to pesticides it is not a smart thing to do nowadays

Hi All,
I am searching for someone who worries that they might be drinking more urine than they should for a documentary television series. This program would explore how/why you began drinking urine, how it affects your life (good and/or bad), and why you think you might be drinking too much. We would provide professional medical consultations, if you’re interested in looking into what you are doing from a medical perspective.
If you’d be interested in participating in this series, or would like more information, please email me at kcox@20west.tv
thank you,
Krissy

I would do it if I was living in a organic world way out far away from pollution and stress and only eating vegetables but we live in a very toxic world from plastics we drink out of to pesticides it is not a smart thing to do nowadays

Withdrawal from society is not needed to purify your system of toxins - all that is needed is enough asana, pranayam, kriyas, bandhas, and mudras. If your system has become filled with all kinds of so called impurities, it has less to do with the society in which you are living, and is largely of your own doing. If you wanted to - with consistent practice you can still be absolutely involved in the society and yet without all kinds of physical and psychological imbalances. It is not the fault of the society - the situation has been created with your own hands.

I have done Amaroli for the last ten months, and will continue to do so.
I have some books (digital books) about Amaroli, or Urine Therapy as
it is called nowadays
my e-mail is
donorina@gmail.com
I will send those books to anyone who is interested in finding more
information on this subject
As I have limited personal experience on this subject I think that this
is the best contribution I can make to this debate
namaste

Back on topic: The herbs listed in the Damar Tantra may assist in purification of the urine. If you think your urine is toxic, maybe if you HAD to drink it you would treat your body as your well and consume only the best in order to produce A-plus “water”.

There is no such thing than one’s mind. Rather, the Mind has various subjects, used to expereince the world. When we say, our mind, we betray the real culprit, the ego.
The Mind can do all the things Amir stated. The ego cant do anything but to lie, that he is the one doing things.

Amaroli, that would be a great name for a bitter dark chocolate. Maybe with urine flavour ? I can already see that great money could be made, if such a product could ever pass sanitary regulations. :wink:

I drink my own urine every time I have to urinate, except in the evening because then I wouldn’t be able to sleep from waking to much from having to go to urinate. I keep a vegan diet and avoid eating too much salt so my urine won’t be salty in the morning, also from empirical observation I can assure urine eventually looks like water and has little flavour.
Here is a the name of a YouTube channel with 16 videos that keep a journal of how a man that was overweight lost about 40 pounds and cured his foot from a gangrene that took one of his toes due to diabetes from fasting on urine and water alone for 45 days.

<<    MrWateroflife    >>

This men would be uber dead if his urine were toxic since he covered his dead toe with old urine and drank nothing but his own fresh urine and water for 45 days.

I’m a sceptic so I am doing this in part for the sake of empirical observation also once one understands how exactly urine came to be it doesn’t sound as if it were a thread, the liver clears almost all of the toxins not the kidneys.

Since the placebo effect is always a possibility I couldn’t really tell it’s been the uropathy but I think it has helped wit my Summer Seasonal Affective Disorder, my Irritable Bowel Syndrome and my migraines. Something that I am most sure of is the pick-me-up effect urine has on me, sometimes after drinking my morning urine I forget to eat breakfast and just keep going with my errands in which I have to walk a lot and I don’t get tired or dehydrated nor hungry until lunch, also since I started drinking all of my day’s urine I feel like I am always awake and it is my body the one who gets tired not exhausted so I go to sleep just because I don’t want to overwork it even though I feel like I could go on for hours but once I go to sleep, I fall asleep right up. This is such a weird effect its like I drank 4 cups of coffee but my mind isn’t racing and I can fall sleep immediately if I wanted.

Also and this is purely a facts narration not something to explicitly correlate – so get from it what ever you believe, … but

I have Irlen Syndrome also known as Scotopic Sensitivity in both my eyes but the problems seem to be slightly more profuse with my left eye, I was diagnosed with it when I was about 20 years old, and when I was about 16 or 17 years old well before I knew I had this condition and well before I ever heard about anything like amaroli I accidentally urinated my right eye while in the shower (I know OMTruckingG), its a long story so don’t ask, I could only explain it visually anyway. – I don’t really think It had anything to do with my slightly better performance by my right eye but it happened and in the back of my head I’ve wondered, --Could it ???