Ancient nuclear war and technology

A map? I look at maps all the time, and I travel all over the continental US.

Where is my geography wrong? Go east from LA via Interstate 10, and it takes you to Arizona.

So, you’re not a “literalist”? How much of the Bible do you take “literally”, & why would you choose to be a stickler on church doctrine on homosexuality?

I interpret the Bible as the Church does. I don’t dispute Church doctrine. And the Church does not claim the earth was created in a literal seven days.

you’re being serious…
& if not, throw in a smiley every once in a while.

Do I really need a smiley when I say it’s a prerequisite to be able to do a headstand to be on this board?

But if she had really believed me, so much the better, though I don’t think she was fooled.

[QUOTE=Asuri;49084]I don’t understand your anger. You seem to have a closed mind on this. I don’t. There are things that can’t be explained just by saying “the Egyptians did it”. I can’t name names. I’m referring to some academics who had a documentary on TV within the past year. Their theory is that the Egyptians did in fact build the pyramids. The question is, under whose direction?[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

You don’t know what you’re talking about.

[QUOTE=thomas;49086]A map? I look at maps all the time, and I travel all over the continental US.

Where is my geography wrong? Go east from LA via Interstate 10, and it takes you to Arizona.[/QUOTE]

When you say LA & CA & AZ in one line, my first thought was that you’re talking about Louisiana. That was my first thought & I’m down in Los Angeles all the time. Sorry about the confusion. Too many years truckin’…

[QUOTE=Star Light;49056]Cultural Anthropology shows the need for a culture to identify a supreme being for coping with an afterlife, weather events, and rites of passage. I understand the need for them, but when you boil it down it’s all the same thing. If you do understand evolution, good on ya. There is no scientific evidence for the existence of a “GOD”, and that is why I don’t subscribe to it. I’m glad you don’t think that the Bible is scientific. You might want to spread that around because creation is taught in religious schools as fact and not theory. Evolution is completely dismissed.[/QUOTE]

…1ST Rule…British people do not use the word “ya” ever. xx

[QUOTE=thomas;49088]Do I really need a smiley when I say it’s a prerequisite to be able to do a headstand to be on this board?

But if she had really believed me, so much the better, though I don’t think she was fooled.[/QUOTE]

The smilies are provided so some facial expressions / body language can accent the words that we post. In a heated debate, a little levity helps & if you’re speaking in jest, provide a smiley so we can tell that you aren’t a complete jerk.

[QUOTE=Asuri;48972]OK, then, maybe you should tell us exactly how the Egyptians were able to make perfectly straight cuts in massive pieces of rock. While you’re at it, why don’t you tell us how the Peruvians were able to transport pieces of granite weighing more than 100 tons five miles through mountainous terrain.[/QUOTE]

Patience and determination

[QUOTE=Indra Deva;49102]The smilies are provided so some facial expressions / body language can accent the words that we post. In a heated debate, a little levity helps & if you’re speaking in jest, provide a smiley so we can tell that you aren’t a complete jerk.[/QUOTE]

I don’t think I needed one this time. I think she knew I was joking with her, and I think she therefore regards me as a partial jerk.

And this was by no means a “heated” debate.

[QUOTE=Indra Deva;49099]
You don’t know what you’re talking about.[/QUOTE]

That’s weak. What are you so pissed off about?

[QUOTE=kareng;49103]Patience and determination[/QUOTE]

…and technology of some sort.

Draw your weapons after 10 paces !

[QUOTE=Asuri;49106]…and technology of some sort.[/QUOTE]

What I cant understand is why haven’t any of these sophisticated technologies been found?..where did they disappear to?..

There’s no defense against a sharp wit.

[QUOTE=kareng;49108]What I cant understand is why haven’t any of these sophisticated technologies been found?..where did they disappear to?..[/QUOTE]

That is exactly the right question. It is a mystery that the tools have not been found. They [I]have[/I] found what they believe is a battery, to provide power for lighting the insides of the pyramids. I’ve also seen a wall painting that looks like an overseer holding a big flashlight.

[QUOTE=Asuri;49110]That is exactly the right question. It is a mystery that the tools have not been found.[/QUOTE]

What are those odds?..

There is one account in the bible that is rather interesting I think…The one at the beginning of Ezekiel, the man that saw God…
What is interesting is the description given…

[QUOTE=Asuri;49110]That is exactly the right question. It is a mystery that the tools have not been found. They [I]have[/I] found what they believe is a battery, to provide power for lighting the insides of the pyramids. I’ve also seen a wall painting that looks like an overseer holding a big flashlight.[/QUOTE]

I have seen the same programmes here in England…I just don’t believe this is evidence to support advanced technologies…it was blood sweat and tears that built the pyramids and the tools used were probably used with much more patience and numbers of people.

Its just too incredible that not a single slither of advanced materials or shred of anything advanced has ever ever been found.

If the advanced tools were used there would have been more detailed drawings on walls etc because the people would have viewed them as something special…A vague drawing or two isn’t enough…

Another point is who is to say that accounts of fantastic weapons of old are just science fiction of old…as humans we have imaginations. same for them…Maybe if they found a big enough fragment of a Superman comic in thousands of years time some might be saying this man Superman actually existed!

The battery that has been found is rather primitive and when filled with an acidic solution like vinegar, lemon juice it gives a voltage of 1.1v. This is not enough to give any decent amount of power, unless they used a row of these cells(as the Sanskrit text suggests) However, the fact that cannot be denied here is that a similar kind of technology was not invented until Volta in 1800’s0. In just a century later from creating batteries we were creating transistors and motors.

If the ancients have an understanding of electricity, electrolysis, splitting water into its gasses using cathodes and anodes this suggests a remarkably advanced understanding of physics. Why could the ancients not a century later created motors etc? The more evidence we uncover from the ancient times we find knowledge that is simply out of place in those times, sometimes by several millenias.

Let us compare some of these artefacts and to when they first appear again modern times:

Baghdad battery and Agastya Samhita: first millenium bce. Appears again in 1800 with the volta cell.
Highly planned cities with middle-class housing, mass-sanitation and indoor plumbing: 3rd millenium bce: Appears again in 1800
Antikeythera mechanical computer: first millenium bce: Appears again in 1800’s with Charles Babbage’s mechnical computer

Steel production is found throughout the ancient world, the highest quality steel ever found was Indian steel known as wootz steel which recent studies using electronmicropes to study samples have shown they contained nanotubes: 2nd and first millenium bce. Appears again in 1600 by reverse engineering Indian wootz steel.

Advanced knowledge:

Binary numbers, hashing algorithms using binary, binomial coefficients used first in Pingalas Chandashastra: 1st or 2nd millenium bce. Appears again in 1600 with Liebniz.

Formal logic, mathematical logic, formal language processing used first by Panini in his Sanskrit grammar: 1st or 2nd millenium bce. The beginning of the field begins again in 1800 with Charles Babbage, George Boole etc, who were familiar with Panini’s work, but does not reach the level of maturity displayed in Panini’s work until Bakus in 1900’s.

Complete Medical System first develops in ancient India in Ayurveda. The Sushruta and Charaka Samhita classify medicine into 8 departments: internal medicine, surgery and anatomy, ear, eye, ear and nose diseases, pediatrics, rejuvenation, toxiciology and sexology/fertility. In addition 10 arts are described: distillation, operative skills, cooking, horticulture, metallurgy, sugar manufacture, pharmacy, analysis and separation of minerals, compounding of metals, and preparation of alkalis. The texts describe genetic inheritance, germ theory, the development of human embroyos, classifies microbes and links them to various diseases they cause. The penchant for classification is remarkable. The Sushruta Samhita consists of 184 chapters, 1,120 conditions are listed, including injuries and illnesses relating to ageing and mental illness. The Sushruta Samhita describe 125 surgical instrument, 300 surgical procedures: first or second millenium bce.

The formation of a complete medical system of comparable quality first begins with Lous Pasteur who gives a germ theory in 1800’s, linking germs(first discovered in modern times in late 1600’s) to diseases. This bought about a revolution in modern medicine. Prior to this even basic considerations like washing hands and sterilizing equipment were unknown. It was not until the 1900’s that a complete medical system emerged.

Atomic theory, thermodynamics, mechanics, quantum theory, cosmology: first or 2nd millenium bce: The first description of atoms, thermodynamics, mechanics are found in the Vaiseshika sutras of Kanada. It describes how everything is an aggregate of atoms, which combine and discombine when heat is provided(chemical reactions) He describes the basic states of matter of solids, liquids, gasses as atoms with different levels of heat energy. He describes how atoms combine with other atoms based on shared constituent particles. He also describes gravity, basic laws of motion, basic properies of fluidity, elasticity The first description of quantum theory and cosmology is found in the Samkhya Sutras and Samkhya karika by Kapila. Kapila describes matter as vibrations of fundamental force(gunas) within quantum matter(moolaprakriti) He describes the history of matter as transforming under the activity of the fundamental forces from one aggregate to the other. He describes the first observer effect on how an observation causes a collapse of the original superpositioned quantum state of matter. Kapila also describes the first cyclic model of the universe of constant expansion and contraction under the activity of the fundamental forces.

Kannada’s level of physics does not appear again until the late and 1600-1700’s. The understanding of gravity and basic laws of motion is formulated by Newton in late 1600’s. He correctly describes as Kanada does the trajectory of a projectile in terms of force vectors(momentum and gravity). The understanding of therodynamics reappears in late 1800’s with William Thompson. The first proper modern atomic theory appears in late 1800’s and early 1900’s with Ernest Rutherford’s splitting of the “atom”

Kapila’s level of physics does not appear until the mid 1900’s until the emegence of Schrodinger’s wave mechanics where he posits that matter exists in two states: quantum matter and physical matter, until that state is collapsed. The first to propose the observer as the cause of that collapse is Neil Bohr and Heisenberg. However, the the full maturity to Kapila’s physics is ongoing in 2000’s. The understanding of matter as vibrations of fundamental forces and matter existing in several dimensions is proposed by string theory. The understanding of the universe as constant cycle of expansion and contraction is proposed by the cyclic model in cosmology.

Now let us objectively examine this data that I have provided above. Why do we find consistently that a lot of knowledge and artefacts we find in ancient times in the 1st or 2nd millenium BCE, does not even begin to reappear in modern times until the 1600’s and does not reach a similar level of maturity until the 1800’s and 1900’s? Is it simply not a fact to state that the ancients were as advanced as we are in the 1900’s?

If we consider this it no longer would be baffling to find ancient accounts of aeroplanes, WMD’s etc.

[QUOTE=thomas;49033]And you think your views are right.

Does that therefore make you biased and mean that you think you are superior to the white-trash ignorant Christians?

Yes, I can tolerate other religions, but I do think my religion is right. If I thought one of the other religions that I tolerate was the right one, then I would conver to it. That’s not a feeling of “superiorty,” but just plain common sense.[/QUOTE]

No. You thinking your religion is superior is stupidity and ignorance.