Any comments or insights about sahaja yoga?

I have set up a meeting with someone on Monday to learn about Sahaja yoga, because I want to know what spiritual practice will really work for me.
However, I heard that the founder of this yoga is questionable, and that makes me have a lot of doubts about this sahaja yoga.
Can I get your insights about this yoga?

Questionable meaning those people
saying that this kind of yoga is a cult?

Though you were invited so you should
probably give it a try. Just keep an open
mind and think things over after the
experience.

XOXO,

Sexy Yogi

We look forward to hearing YOUR insights after your meeting. Perfectly aceptable to pose your concerns at that time and receive a reply to them … and any other questions you might have.

Following the meeting I’d suggest spending some quiet time alone to feel what you are feeling.

you will find out on Monday;)

Thank you.

I already met with the sahaja yoga teacher/follower. It is obvious how wise he is since he was able to answer my every question with eloquence and profound knowledge. However, the way they venerate and invoke the founder of sahaja yoga like she is at the same level with Jesus or Buddha rises questions in me. He also said that pranic healing is a full o trash.

“full o trash” doesn’t sound particularly “eloquent” or “profound” :slight_smile:

according to him, we should heal ourselves. he even cited an example that if a person submerged into dirty water, then came back and asked him to clean him, would he do it? he also said that he met 3 people who went to sahaja yoga, all are pranic healers, and they all have cancers.
he said that there is a danger of absorbing the negative energies of an ill person we are healing thus we can become contaminated or ill ourselves.
during our meeting, he also said that he awakened my kundalini. though i felt a bit relaxed, the way I know kundalini is being awakened is different. The story of Kundalini awakening always accounts the person having psychic perception, past traumas coming back to the surface of their mind, feeling detached and depersonalized, etc. I didn’t feel any of those.
I asked him about that and he told me that if he doesn’t know how to drive and he taught someone to drive, that person will be in trouble. He continued by saying that he planted a seed in me and it is in my responsibility to nurture it.
One of my big question is their veneration of their founder, because my own perspective of being awakened is freedom from anything… you become your own teacher and master. He answered me by saying that if we are studying in a university and we have a professor, would we insult the professor or would we respect him? If we meet Pres. Noynoy(our president), would we respect him? What if it is Pres. Obama?
He went on to say Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi is not an ordinary person, she is spiritual, so we should venerate her the same way we do to Jesus and Mary and Buddha. He gave an analogy that if there is a pitcher and there is a glass, for the glass to be filled by water from the pitcher, it should be lower than the pitcher.

There are two kinds of gurus my friend - those that empower and those that imprison.