Anyone on Sattvic diet?

I started it this week, the only part I am missing is the spicy food.

Jay

I eat only raw food, which in ayurveda is considered rajasik… but since I sterilize the fruits, veg, and sprouts with colloidal silver water/ iodine and UV light, I think that bacteria and parasite free raw food should be considered satvik… what do you think?

[QUOTE=omnamashivaya;72182]I eat only raw food, which in ayurveda is considered rajasik… but since I sterilize the fruits, veg, and sprouts with colloidal silver water/ iodine and UV light, I think that bacteria and parasite free raw food should be considered satvik… what do you think?[/QUOTE]

I think you are good. Do you use any salt , pepper etc which is a no no

Jay

[QUOTE=omnamashivaya;72182]I eat only raw food, which in ayurveda is considered rajasik… but since I sterilize the fruits, veg, and sprouts with colloidal silver water/ iodine and UV light, I think that bacteria and parasite free raw food should be considered satvik… what do you think?[/QUOTE]

http://www.nithyayoga.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=134&Itemid=201

As you can see mango is sattvic and it can be eaten raw.

sattvic has nothing to do if it has bacterias or not. It is about how they affect us and our mind and senses.

If you really put colloidal silver on sprouts , i guess you mean beansprouts You might see someone to overcome your frightness for bacterias. We have many bacterias on our body for example millions of them which will be noticed if we dont take a shower for a week.

All food has bacterias and acidophilos is a prebiotic which is good for us our intestine needs “good” bacterias to work properly so all bacterias are not bad and need uv light nor silver.

AT LEAST you are the only one that can feel what is good for you ayurveda draw the line for sattvic and so on but the rule cant be applied to all as we are all different. Maybe someone cant eat mango maybe he gets rashes is it then considered sattvic for this guy as it will affect his mind? No of course not but in general they are. But no rule without exception.

P.s if you use silver all the time your body is not put out to the bacterias and virus and so on. When we are kids our immune system gets strong because we had lots of bacterias and viruses , it is also clear that too clean will make allergies and so on. SO when using silver and this all the time you will have no immunesystem for serious bacterias when they come. Maybe no problem for you though if you always will have silver with you in your pocket. But if you will not it will hit you hard. Bacterias are not to be 100% neglected as some can be good.d.s.

Mango is wrapped in a peel and therefore is free from bacteria this is why it can be sattvic. If the peel is damaged, it cannot be considered sattvic. [B]Bacteria is rajasic or tamasic depending on whether it is live or dead[/B] I find that sprouting with colloidal silver water stops any odors in the sprouts and the water does not need to be changed as much… I don’t use a very strong concentration.

Life exposes us to enough bacteria and it is wise to avoid unnecessary exposure to pathogens/amma in food. I take EM-1 which supplies beneficial bacteria. I also eat spirulina which is a type of bacteria. I am not frightened of harmful bacteria, it is impossible to completely avoid, but I don’t find it nutritious nor delicious and so chose not to knowingly eat it. The health benefits of bean/seed sprouts does not come from it’s bacteria content. I would rather fast than eat a rancid bacteria encrusted “food”.

Have your tried to take a bath with silver in the tub as well?