Arthritis diet

i’m home safe & sound. i’m into the 3rd day of the joint free series, plus the exercises u gave me to do and day 2 of the arthritis diet. i cheated on the diet today as i was hungry and a little light headed. i realised i was very calm and compose throughtout the day, sensitive to loud noise…hope to complete this before chinese new year’s eve on the 8 feb. tomorrow is day ONE again :slight_smile:

Do you have some hypoglycemia? If it is present then you can add a source of protein of your choice to the diet and that can help with light headed symptom. But keep to basics of just rice and squash as much as you can. Happy Chinese new year. namaste

Thought you may like to know that in You are what you eat by Dr. Gillian McKeith; page 77, it says,

“Arthritic sufferers need especially avoid the nightshades because they contain a substance called solanine, which interferes with the enzymes in the muscles, often causing pain and discomfort and aggravating joint problems. If you really love these foods, the best thing you can do is to roast, bake or cook these veggies with a little miso soup. This process will neutralize the solanine compound.”

namaste,

Thank you so much for sending this. I am delighted to hear the details behind why nightshades are not good for arthritis and I would add that this is true for those with pitta predominant constitutions, as they are the most likely candidates for arthritis. namaste.