Asanas for Inguinal Hernia

Dear Yoga Experts,

I have heard and read that Pawan Muktasan and Ardha Navasana is good for Inguinal Hernia , I ask as I know that yoga can cure early stages of Inguinal Hernia, as I have a slight bulge on the right above the groin.I do Pawan Muktasan.

Your expert opinions for these above mentioned asanas or any other asanas for this problem will be greatly appreciated, I have never done yoga except my Jujitsu abdomen exercise, I do suffer from bad digestion problem like indigestion too.

I want a stomach/abdomen which is strong.

Also could anyone suggest me a good Yoga DVD .

What are the benefits of Pawan Muktasan ?

Benefits of Pawan Muktasan -

Stretches the neck and back.
The abdominal muscles are tensed and the internal organs are compressed which increases the blood circulation and stimulates the nerves, increasing the efficiency of the internal organs.

The pressure on the abdomen releases any trapped gases in the large intestine.

Blood circulation is increased to all the internal organs.

Digestive system is improved.

Relieves constipation.

Strengthens the lower back muscles and loosens the spinal vertebrae.

Sterility and impotence.

[QUOTE=HealthAndYoga;68376]Benefits of Pawan Muktasan -

Stretches the neck and back.
The abdominal muscles are tensed and the internal organs are compressed which increases the blood circulation and stimulates the nerves, increasing the efficiency of the internal organs.

The pressure on the abdomen releases any trapped gases in the large intestine.

Blood circulation is increased to all the internal organs.

Digestive system is improved.

Relieves constipation.

Strengthens the lower back muscles and loosens the spinal vertebrae.

Sterility and impotence.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir, Yes I do have digestive problems like not proper motion and multiple times. I do Pawan Muktasan after watching certain videos.

What yoga can I do for colds and strengthening the Immune system ?

ASANAS FOR IMPROVEING IMMUNITY.

1. Setubandha Sarvangasana
  2. Suptabadhakonasana
  3. Supta Virasana
  4. SetubhandhaSarvangasana
  5. Adhomukha Svanasana
  6. Salamba Sirsasana
  7. Viptreet Dandasana
  8. Salamba Sarvangasana
  9. halasana
  10. Setubadha Sarvangasana
  11. Vipreet Karni
  12. Savasana
    Note: In order to reap maximum benefits:
  13. You should be practicing above asanas, at least on alternate days. These asana should be practiced through out the year for one to three years, as these asanas will not only help to improve immunity, but also help to manage allergic cold.
  14. Asanas should be practiced as per mentioned sequence.
  15. You are strongly advised to practice above set of Yoga asanas under guidance and supervision of experienced Yoga teacher of any of these Yoga styles: Iyenger Yoga by B.K.S. Iyenger, ViniYoga by T. Krishnam Acharya; Ashthanga Yoga by Patabbi Jois, Hatha Yoga and power Yoga by Berryl.
  16. Please do not practice any of above 12 asanas during acute attack of running nose.

An Inguinal hernia is antra vriddhi. It is not likely to be healed thru asana. Even if the posture do help the under pinning imbalance still remains which is a huge failure in Western concepts of exercise physiology put onto yoga anything. The causes of the antra vriddhi need to be understood and avoided. In Ayurveda, the basic same knowledge that yoga comes from, there is a verse that states if the pathya and apathya (beneficial and non beneficial intake and lifestyle) are not followed then no treatment or herb is going to have any effect. Antra Vriddhi is of many kinds. This is a secondary level of understanding what is going on and also why Western medical ideas cannot be put into that same idea of what yoga is. The cause of it is due to increased vata and then obstruction of it moving upwards and it moves downwards instead. There are seven kinds. Each with their treatment. As well if it has reached to the scrotum, it is incurrable and surgery is the only option. There is vata caused vriddhi which is also of 5 types, each dosha as well as blood and fat. There is vriddhi caused by suppression of urine as well. Then in Western medicine there is the types based in degrees as to where the inguinal hernia is located. In all of them, if it is not immediately treated, it contnues to descend to the scrotum. Indulgence in the improper food that increase vata, sitting in cold water, suppression of the urges of the body (vega dharana) or initiating them prematurely like trying to have a bowel movement when it is sluggish and creating pressure, carrying and lifting beyond ones capabilities, walking long distances, doing acrobatics and other such activities that are beyond ones capacity (like westernized yoga), all of these are the causative factors as well their are others. They increase vata and pushes it down to the small intestines into the groin imbalancing vata. What is unwholesome and non beneficial that is to be avoided is traveling, suppression of the natural urges, doing acrobatics and excessive exercise, sex, over eating, excessive walking, or excessive fasting which is all based upon the individual's constitution and strength of their system. In general, the treatment is using poses as a secondary, not primary. In general taking castor oil with boiled milk for a month is beneficial but dietary rules must be followed as well as lifestyle. There is much more to treatments but all of it needs proper diagnosis by a real educated individual.

Know the details about what is hernia, and which yoga asanas can help prevent, cure all the types of hernia.

Right, Vamandhauti is good for hernia??? On another post I wrote how very very low the knowledge of the yoga world is and how it is completely irresponsible. Sarvangasana???
All of this just shows the intengrity of yoga in the world. Its really sad.
They dont even know what a hernia is from an actual yoga or western medical treatment but yet are writing what ever they think and want and your publicizing it.
Fantastic world we live in Radeep. Fantastic.
If you were to do any reserach what so ever, you would find that antra vriddhi is a vata imbalance, specifically apana. And your having vaman done which is contraindicated. Yet, this is completely okay since no one here knows anything anyway.