Bathtub relaxation ... good or bad?

I like hot baths so much!
I usually fill the bathtub with very hot water, no bubbles, get in “at evening where its calm and no noise”, turn all lights off, close my eyes and imagine myself alone floating in the middle of the ocean at a very dark night with no sound at all except the water sounds.
I move my body, legs or hands from time to time to hear the sound of water :slight_smile: this makes me feel really relaxed and sometimes I fall asleep.

Can I use this as a meditation and relaxation exercise?
Of course, when I lay down in the tub, my spine is not strait; it gets curved at the above part below the neck. Sometimes when I stay for too long I feel pain in my neck and shoulders.

I only started to practice Yoga 1 week ago and I am still having some difficulties in doing proper relaxation and meditation. While in the bath, my mind goes very clear and I can do the meditation with ease.

Please advice … thanks.[/img]

This is indeed a soothign way to create relaxation. Remember however to keep a cool cloth on your forehead when you stay there more than 10 minutes to prevent increase in pitta - may cause headaches otherwise or decrease in digestion power. this is relaxation not meditation. for meditation to occur one needs an erect spine and practice given from a regular teacher of meditation who is doing practice over time. Ideal teacher is authorized by their meditation teacher to give instruction. few yoga teachers have such authority. be patient and you will get all that is needed. namaste mukunda