Best yoga poses for super inflexible people?

Hi all,

My husband and I have started doing yoga together to help with his back pain. We followed a video on YouTube, while I had no trouble he really struggled. He said he’s had really bad flexibility all his life, he can barely touch his knees let alone his toes. Does anyone know any poses that are good for the back with some modifications to make it a little easier on him? He seems pretty determined to keep following the video but it’s hurting him.

Do Yashtik Asana. It’s a lying down pose. One has to lie on his back to this Asana. It’s very good for back pain.

Hello! Lovely to hear you and your husband started doing yoga :slight_smile:

I think it’s more about how you/your husband do the pose and the mentality on your practice.

We should bare in mind that yoga isn’t doing shapes with our body. Some people often get stuck with the idea of how a posture should look like. For example, when we’re in a forward folding pose, some might think the whole upper body should be flat touching the legs. I saw a lot of people pulling themselves so hard and trying to achieve that look. However, one might gradually (and quite likely) hurting their body without knowing.

It’s hard to suggest which poses are best for your husband. For me, I design my classes base on different theme/intention each time. Then I design from the start til the end and offer options for beginners on each pose.

Make the use of props too. Bricks, blocks, bolsters, (maybe) belts. Using props doesn’t mean you’re not good enough (another wrong idea people get stuck with).

I’d also suggest to go to a local yoga centre, try out different beginner/general Hatha yoga classes/workshops, it’s better with the guidance of a teacher.

what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing what he dog doing @simom @simom