Bikram Teacher Training refund?

Hi, I’m looking for any help that can be offered by the yoga community in recouping the remaining balance of my girl friends deposit for the canceled Atlantic City NJ Bikram teacher training from last fall. Luckily $10,000 dollars of the deposit was made by credit card and quickly refunded by the card company. The remaining balance of $6600 was paid by check. We have made repeated attempted by both phone and email to obtain this balance. The Bikram people have been evasive and non forthright from day one. They have acknowledge that we are indeed due a refund, but they just wont pay up.

What sort of “help” were you envisioning?

I know there are other people out there that are having the same problem getting their money back. I was hoping I might locate some of these people and launch a collective effort to make Bikram do the right thing. Other than that I’m not sure. I’ve contacted my lawyer here in Florida and another in California and both said it would cost more $6600 to litigate. I may try contacting the LA county sheriff.

It seems Bikram has decided to take his ball and go home, leaving the US on a jet plane for India. http://yogadork.com/2016/05/26/is-bikram-choudhury-gone-for-good-reports-say-hes-packing-up-and-going-back-to-india/

That’s “balls”, Dave.