Book recomendations =D

Hi!

I recently read “A series of lessons in Raja Yoga” (William Walker Atkinson) and I found it amazing!

I’m searching for more material like this, I mean, a Yoga book that is centered in the mental practice of Yoga. Specially, anything that involves subconscious mind practices, Law of attraction, thought power…basically focusing in mental objects (visualization too) As you can conclude, I’m very interested in the yoga practices on thought. As far as I understand, Raja Yoga is the term that gets closer, isn’t it?

Any book recommendations?

I’m also very interested in physical immortality, specially about the “belief practice” rather than the common body rituals. I would appreciate recommendations on that =D

Thanks in advance!
Ritzzo

[U][B][I]I AM THAT [/I][/B][/U]Talks with Nisargadatta Maharaj

[B][I][U]JNANA YOGA[/U][/I][/B] by Vivekananda

Have you read Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras? There are many translations. It’s best to read more than one.

Hi!

Thanks =D

Dear Ray, that books are more about what is Real and what is not, or Who am I?.. yes they are great, but I meant something more in the line of samyama.

Dear Asuri, yes I love the sutras and I have different versions of them. But this book of William W. Atkinson surprised me because it wasn’t about the sutras.

I found another book on the line that I was looking for, it is Raja Yoga by Wallace Slater. Very simple and practical.

Much Light for your day!

This is an excellent place to start: http://www.ramakrishnavivekananda.info/vivekananda/volume_1/vol_1_frame.htm

Click on Raja Yoga

[QUOTE=Ritzzo;72963]Dear Ray, that books are more about what is Real and what is not, or Who am I?.. yes they are great, but I meant something more in the line of samyama.[/QUOTE]

You are correct, given enough time this is where one ends up.

Vivekananda also wrote the book: RAJA YOGA

OOPS Surya beat me to it.

Ritzoo,
Whatever you are looking for is the subject matter of books related to Raja Yoga and Gyan Yoga. On the both types of Yoga, books has been written by authors Vivekananda, Shivananda, Swami Satynanda Saraswati, Osho, etc. Some of the books are titled directly as “Raja Yoga” and “Gyan Yoga”, other books related to same Yoga types, I can’t tell you the exact titles right now.