Breathing Technique at End of Agnisara Dhauti

Namaste!

To clarify: which agnisara is this question about?
Yoga has various agnisara practices, so let’s start by getting on the same page: this question is about agnisara dhauti, not agnisara kriya or _sahaja agnisara dhaut_i. As a rough summary, starting from uddiyana bandha you repeatedly pump the stomach.

The question: peculiar breathing technique at the end
About ten years ago, during a three-month intensive course at Agama Yoga, we had a day devoted to agnisara dhauti. After that I practiced it for several years, then it was on-and-off. Now I realize that I’ve forgotten an interesting and peculiar way that Agama wants you to release the hold and to take in the breath.

Hints
I’m sure the technique is not specific to Agama, and I wonder if some of you would have suggestions. Some features I remember are:

• just before the breath, the fingers are near the navel and the thumbs are behind the hips
  • it’s a two-step thing, where at first you take air into one part of your lungs, then you move it to another part. The diaphragm is involved. This is the part where I don’t recall the specifics. I’m thinking maybe you take in air at the top of your lungs while holding the diaphragm in, then after a few seconds you release the diaphragm (releasing the fingers) without taking in more air – but can’t remember for sure.
  • it can make you dizzy, so at first you practice on your knees

If this sounds familiar, I’d greatly appreciate any pointers, as well as book references or links to posts about this way of practicing agnisara dhauti.

In advance, huge thanks for your wisdom!!!