Carbohydrates

What are your thoughts on carbohydrates? Do you think that we should minimize our intake of carbohydrates, since the body turns them into sugar? (With the exception of fiber, obviously.)

Carbohydrates = good
Dont deprive brain of food.
Sugar from foods is ok. Dont over do it.
refined sugars can be avoided.
White and brown sugar is chemically refined.
No to artificial sugar.
Carbohydrates,fats,protein. Give your body fuel.
If anything. Refine the fuel.
Filtered water. Higher quality food. Cooked without burning. Dont over eat.
And to get real fancy with it.
Learn Ayurveda.
Specially the science of the 6 tastes. A subject I still am not able to find info on. Pm me if u ever find anything on it. :slight_smile:

These are great tips and i am very impressed with your post dear. I will keep these tips in my mind. Carbohydrates are good for health and if we want to lose weight then we should take lot of carbs in food.

[QUOTE=Andelson;78804]These are great tips and i am very impressed with your post dear. I will keep these tips in my mind. Carbohydrates are good for health and if we want to lose weight then we should take lot of carbs in food.[/QUOTE]
Boot Camp Sydney

Hey, I am new to the forum and I want to welcome you all.

I picked this topic, because I am currently doing a lot of researches about carbohydrates.

There’s nothing wrong with them at all, because HEALTHY carbohydrates are needed for your body to have energy for every-day activities. But how much of carbs you should eat, it depends what is you want to achieve.

If you have the weight of your body which satisfy you and you want to maintain it, you can easily eat healthy carbohydrates (by healthy I mean no fast food), but don’t overdose them. For person who eats 2000cal/day it’s ok to eat >250g of carbs.

If you want to loose fat you should cut a bit the carbohydrates. And here you have two options:
Cut them a bit, that the weight loss will be slower (around >180g carbs/day)
or
Cut them a lot, that weight loss will be more visible. (around >95g carbs/day)
But remember always that it’s not so healthy to loose over 1kg/week. I recommend 0,75kg.

Well…What is happening in our body that we loose our fat. The answer is very simple - if we eat high protein and high fat food and just a “pinch” of carbohydrates, our organism doesn’t have the source of energy from carbohydrates. It starts to use it’s fat supply which we have in our body to collect an energy for every-day activities. The importance of proteins in this nutrition is very high, because our muscles need to have their building materials. Muscles are built from myoglobin and elastin, which are proteins so if we eat low amount of carbohydrates and low amount of proteins, the organism will burn it’s own muscles. This diet is calles “low/slow carb diet” and more about it, with list of products i wrote on my blog www.planetofyoga.com

And in case you have to build up your weight you have to eat a lot of proteins and carbohydrates. Your body will store the fat you have, because will have the energy from carbohydrates and in the same time the proteins will help you build muscles, so you won’t just grow big in fat, but also muscles. And that’s the goal if you are too thin for example.

I think this should a little bit clarify you the body effect of carbohydrates consuming. It all depends what goal do you have. :slight_smile: