Cardiac question

I’m also appreciating the answers you give to questioners in this forum. A new 25-year-old student came to Yoga Arts camp this week. In April, she had a cardiac defibrillator installed, to shock her heart into pumping if her heart stops, which apparently it did when she passed out at the Wal-Mart and doctors discovered a fibrillation. They say she has Lung QT Syndrome, where waves of blood flow through the ventricle are prolonged. She is also on Synthroid, Selexa, Citalopram, and Ortho Birth Control pills.
My question is: What poses will best help her? I cautioned her in downward facing dog, to go slow and feel all the sensations in her chest. She seems very frail, almost frightened to feel, and I would like to help her build energy and to feel more confident in her heart.

Many Blessings, Marya, PhD

For a person with such a delicate condition I would not recommend yogasanas but rather preparatory practices such as Pavanmuktasana (joint freeing series), gentle pranayama (3 part or wave breath), Kapalabhati (for opening her psychic heart). Developing pranayama will help both to promote peace and the ability to be self-aware. Both are needed to develop the witness consciousness, without it stronger practices are potentially harmful. In general a mind series of preparatory yoga, pranayama, and meditations would be best. Yogasanas are too strong for her and should not be used at this time.