Cervical Neck Pain

Mukunda,

I have been to several of your workshops at Gentle Strength and have had one private session with you at your old place. The reason I am writing is about my dad. Dad lives in Desoto Kansas and I was hoping to find him someone who has similar training as you. Dad has had a problem in his neck or in between his shoulder blades that has bothered him for 4 months now. He gets 2 massages a week and has been told he has a bulging disk in his neck; I’m not sure exactly which vertebrae. I was wondering if you ever go to Kansas City or if you know of someone there that could work with him. I just spent a week at home and he is miserable, but I think he is open to some alternative ways to get better. Let me know if you have any suggestions or need more info. Thank you

I travel regularly to Wichita and he could have an appointment with me when I come there next is Oct. 17 - 21. I do not know of anyone in that area to recommend. A possibility is to contact the yoga center there in Wichita (316-636-9642, their website is www.thestudio-ict.com) and see if she has a recommendation for you. My recommendation would be a bodyworker not a yoga practitioner. Cervical neck troubles are rarely helped with yoga more often then not they are irritated.