Chakra book and Yoga

Hi I recently read a book on Amazon Kindle. The book is called Chakra Secrets written by Brad Anderson. The book is great. It shows you how to balance your energy and eject negative energy from your body. The technique worked amazingly. Now I feel light, energetic and happy all the time.

Just one question. I have been practicing yoga for 5 years and was wondering if there is anyone like me who is just discovering the chakra? Do you know how chakra and yoga are related? Does anyone one know? How do you combine both body of knowledges?

Just giving a little information about the book. I feel so good about it that I thought I should share it around, since I’m going to be learning a lot from this forum. It’s a 9 page book containing 3 ancient chakra secrets that can help you balance and heal your energy. It’s only 5 dollars. It’s a good read. I swear by it now and highly recommend it. I have never felt so good.

I would appreciate any advice… :slight_smile:

I suspect this thread is a plug-in to advertise this book, but I will answer your question anyway re Chakras and Yoga. The model of the chakras as anatomical structures is developed in the Tantra tradition, which is a subset of Yoga. However, the chakras can be traced to vital plexus points in the body described in the Ayurvedic and Upanishads texts. The vital plexus points, are basically an intersection of nerves(nadis) in the body. In the later Tantra models the major plexus points along the spinal cord are identified and their functions investigated. They do indeed have very strong correspondences to the endocrine and nervous system.

Visualization on the chakras are very important and powerful meditation techniques created in the Tantra tradition. As each chakra is associated with a certain function by the means of visualization of that chakra its function can be increased. As the chakras are actually physically situated in the body, they can also be directly stimulated through physical stimulation.